What about the players?

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

What about the players?

Post by mr_bojangles »

Arnold will be sacked I'm sure, but why is there no crisitism about the players. I thought he was right on the money when asked about the commitment of the players.

Honestly who looked interested? FFS thompson came on and did more running than the whole team put together.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

I was going to list who I thought played poorly but I don't think any one played good so I would have listed 14 players.

Kisnorbo, Niell, Wilkshire, Holman were the worst of the lot.

But really there's not one player who can hold their head up after these 2 games.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Tony Adams
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Tony Adams »

arnold has been shiraz but the players have been on par with him

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mr_bojangles »

for sure.

Arnold is there - not his fault and it's not like he is going to throw the towel in either. FFA to blame imo

His comments were spot on imo - some player don't want to be there, vidukas comments were typical professional Barossa Pearl - talking without saying anything

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

limozeen wrote:I was going to list who I thought played poorly but I don't think any one played good so I would have listed 14 players.

Kisnorbo, Niell, Wilkshire, Holman were the worst of the lot.

But really there's not one player who can hold their head up after these 2 games.
And the best players are....? :oops: :oops:

The Stretcher Staff.
They had a tough game all round

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

Thompson ran aroun like a headless chook, not a international player. The players would not have been slack under Guus thats the point

mr_bojangles
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mr_bojangles »

malone wrote:Thompson ran aroun like a headless chook, not a international player. The players would not have been slack under Guus thats the point
lol at least he ran :lol:

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

i love harry kewell but i dont think he has done anything for the team at this tournament, do u think its time he made a stand? and i also think that we are too "scared" to criticize kewell, u never hear anything bad about him

akbermo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by akbermo »

Seriously in defence australia just looked like they didnt care, they were hanging off the players far to much it looked like 4 meters at times which is way to much. whereas everytime we were in iraqs half we had alot less time. We can win games, basically we just need to work harder. Give that extra bit and it'll make a massive difference.

In attack we were'nt flowing, we were hesitating when passing. You cant coach that on the pitch, thas in the players head. Dont hesitate make a decision and do it with full confidence. Argh im angry, we need phil gould do give em a speech.

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

i'll say this once only...

4 - 4 - 2

it's not that fcken hard!! seriously... the defence is cag... why persist with 3-5-2? Playing 2 defensive midfielders is a joke of a tactic...arnies gotta go...