Cup results??

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Bosnian Pitbull
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cup results??

Post by Bosnian Pitbull »

Cup results

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

A's Stirling (Top of Saturday Div1) 5-4 Inter (2nd to bottom Sunday Div1)

Stirling up 5-2 at one stage, Inter pulled two back to make the game interesting.

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

Wanderers 1 - 2 Adelaide Asteras

Top game, would of been good if Asteras played on sunday, would of been good to see Asteras have their full starting 11 on the field. but the b's boys really steped up for the match

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Wanderers played some good football and were knocking the ball around beautifully but asteras sucker punched them with long balls.

Good win either way.

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

Hawkesy wrote:Wanderers played some good football and were knocking the ball around beautifully but asteras sucker punched them with long balls.

Good win either way.
sucker punch is a bit of a disrespectful word. Sort of when the wanderers coach went off at his players at half time for being down 2-0. A lot of interesting things were said in that half time talk.

Bosnian Pitbull
Apprentice
Apprentice

who won between Adelaide villa and tea tree gully???

Barracuda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

gully wins

Post by Barracuda »

gully won 1-0 after extra time

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

bravo asteras... well done boys!!!!!!!

Bosnian Pitbull
Apprentice
Apprentice

how about (S) FLINDERS 1 V ST PETER'S OLD COLLEGIANS ?????

LeftRightOut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LeftRightOut »

Flinders 1 St Peters 3

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

malone wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:Wanderers played some good football and were knocking the ball around beautifully but asteras sucker punched them with long balls.

Good win either way.
sucker punch is a bit of a disrespectful word. Sort of when the wanderers coach went off at his players at half time for being down 2-0. A lot of interesting things were said in that half time talk.
Wasn't meant to be disrespectful. Apologies. I should have made it clear, I wasn't at the game and was relying on second hand information.

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

Hawkesy wrote:
malone wrote:

Good win either way.
Wasn't meant to be disrespectful. Apologies. I should have made it clear, I wasn't at the game and was relying on second hand information.
Its okay, not that much offence taken

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

gully 1 villa 0
good win by the boys, close game coulda gone either way in normal time.goal came direct from corner, gully coulda got a coupla late ones once villa pushed forward. game played in good spirits and well refereed..

Ignite_10
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ignite_10 »

ani1 on the bosna vs cove game???

The Spick.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Spick. »

redders wrote:A's Stirling (Top of Saturday Div1) 5-4 Inter (2nd to bottom Sunday Div1)

Stirling up 5-2 at one stage, Inter pulled two back to make the game interesting.
was it a good game? or did inter just look slow?
Talent wins chicks,
Teamwork wins port!

Bosnian Pitbull
Apprentice
Apprentice

#10 Shqiptar wrote:ani1 on the bosna vs cove game???
heard it was 4-1 for cove
also heard massive fight between the players

ChelseaGK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ChelseaGK »

Bosnian Pitbull wrote:
#10 Shqiptar wrote:ani1 on the bosna vs cove game???
heard it was 4-1 for cove
also heard massive fight between the players
Can anyone confirm this??
if true - what a surprise! bosna losing = fight. to salvage "something".

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

malone wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
malone wrote:

Good win either way.
Its okay, not that much offence taken
Realistically, Wanderers had the majority of play and lost the game rather than Asteras winning it. The number 9 did put two away, which were good goals, but there wasn't much else on offer from Asteras. Wanderers will be on top for next week - good luck to the Asteras boys for the quater final!
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

leftfoot10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by leftfoot10 »

West Beach (b's) v Greenoch town (b's)

2-0 win to the beach. It was a scappy game. Most people spoke of a thrashing to the beach but never came.
To their credit Greenoch played very well. They certianly came to play.
1-0 in the first half which was from a well taken goal to trevor. But we did miss a fair few chances too. Morris the beach's keeper pulled off a couple of great saves in a row to deny Greenoch.
The second half wasn't any better. We did have most of the attack but could not put any away. It wasnt until 20 mins to go Simon made a fantastic run down the left flank either went for a shot or cross (have to ask him!!) & Trevor finished well to get his second.
The game however was played in great spirits!!

We need to pick up our finishing if we are to go futher than the quarters!!

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

Sirslapsalot wrote: Realistically, Wanderers had the majority of play and lost the game rather than Asteras winning it. The number 9 did put two away, which were good goals, but there wasn't much else on offer from Asteras. Wanderers will be on top for next week - good luck to the Asteras boys for the quater final!
The reason why the wanderers lost is because they went on the field with no respect for their oposition. Judging by the comments above i guess that lesson wasnt learnt.

Since we share the same ground maybe you can come out and have a chat to our boys and explain to them that even though they played their hearts out against a more fit team that they didnt actually win the match regardless of the scoreline. Maybe you can convince the league that you guys should hold the spot in the next round too.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

wanderers are cabernet, Ive seen them play.. they talk themselves up more than Limnos did :lol:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

yes frappe.... but do their players wear beanies when playing???/ :D

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

RESERVE CUP - ROUND 3

MODBURY VISTA RESERVES 0
INGLE FARM RESERVES 7

DIVISION 9
INGLE FARM C2 3
ELIZABETH GROVE 1

Hammer Down Under
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Vikings Reserves.

Post by Hammer Down Under »

Vikings B 1
PHE 3
Good game played in reasonably good spirits, Para Hills were the better side in the end...good luck to them for the rest of the competition.
The ref was pretty good too and kept control well up until the needless red card at the end.
I don't think I'll ever marry again, next time I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house !! - Rod Stewart.

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Furburger »

Sirslapsalot wrote: Realistically, Wanderers had the majority of play and lost the game rather than Asteras winning it. The number 9 did put two away, which were good goals, but there wasn't much else on offer from Asteras. Wanderers will be on top for next week - good luck to the Asteras boys for the quater final!

Each Asteras striker got a goal...
Last edited by Furburger on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

A's PHW 2-1 Bosna???? I missed the first 5 minutes.

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

redders wrote:A's PHW 2-1 Bosna???? I missed the first 5 minutes.
yep finished 2-1, i heard it was a good game
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

The Spick. wrote:
redders wrote:A's Stirling (Top of Saturday Div1) 5-4 Inter (2nd to bottom Sunday Div1)

was it a good game? or did inter just look slow?
I didnt see the game, thats just what a mate told me.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Adelaide Croatia 3 Africa Allstars 1

Scoreline flattered the hosts a little (at 2-1 I'd have said fair enough). A collision in the first half saw a Croatian player carried off. The keeper he collided with battled on for another five minutes before being substituted with injury from that collision. He was their reserve keeper after the first team keeper was red carded last week so the Africans had to do with a stand in "stand in" keeper. I don't think it had that much bearing on the game. Later a Croatian player was red carded for a professional foul which on another day another referee would have made a yellow, but he knew what he was doing and could have no complaints. The Africans offered little threat to the keeper at the other end. The chances were there but they were to keen on trying to walk the ball into the net as opposed to hitting it, otherwise may have been a different story.

All in all a two goal margin was a little flattering towards the hosts but with a man down for most of the game they probably deserved their win.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

thats a good result considering croatia had 4 sent off last week!! :lol: