Brett Holman

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Brett Holman

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

I can't see this guy being a long term scoring option for the national team. He seems to lack real quality and doesn't look like much of a finisher.

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

i disagree, his endeavour and will and courage to run and get into great positions is second to none...finishing will come...he had only been on the field 2 mins when he found himself in a glorious position to score. i think he is the ideal man to play off vidukes...if you disagree, get a tape of the aussie v china freindly a couple months back

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

i don't mind him, buzzes around a bit.

not sure if he played in the Iraq game or not, as i was unable to watch it, but i think it is a bit hard to judge his finishing based on the 5 minutes he played last night.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

he is garbage

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

LFTWNG11 wrote:he is garbage
I agree, Australian soccer is in trouble when pretenders like Holman and Thompson are in the squad.

Anonymous

Re: Brett Holman

Post by Anonymous »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:I can't see this guy being a long term scoring option for the national team. He seems to lack real quality and doesn't look like much of a finisher.
Well it was a blunder lastnight on his behalf. Should of scored that but i like him. He runs at players, and runs into spaces at fast pace.

malone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by malone »

Garcia_Jackson wrote:
BAGGIO 15 wrote:I can't see this guy being a long term scoring option for the national team. He seems to lack real quality and doesn't look like much of a finisher.
Well it was a blunder lastnight on his behalf. Should of scored that but i like him. He runs at players, and runs into spaces at fast pace.
ha ha, Running around like a headless chook is a sign that you lack the goods and your out of your league.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

malone wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:he is garbage
I agree, Australian soccer is in trouble when pretenders like Holman and Thompson are in the squad.
Yeah he is busy, but this is international football, not club football. He lacks the quality and skill of a top line goalscorer, he needs to take his chances. We as a nation wil not improve with this quality of player.That opertunity last night is one example, he missed it a mile in fact it went away from goal and not towards it at all.
He simply isn't at this point in time good enough to be in the Aussie team.
Maybe over time he will put his hand up with dominant club performances, he's just not there yet.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

In international context he is B grade at best. these 3 Asian cup games he has been very poor and shouldn't be in the team.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

Yea your right his finishing is shocking but he gets into good scoring positions and he just cant put them away.