Goodluck all the SA Teams attending 2008 Nationals

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Goodluck all the SA Teams attending 2008 Nationals

Post by Squizzy »

Good luck to all the boys and girls involved in this year's Nationals to be played in Canberra from this Monday night.

Everyone has been training pretty hard so hopefully we should reap some rewards.

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Results can be found here...

http://www.futsalnationals.com.au/draws/draws.htm

The major disappointing thing to me was once again, the player of the tournament is the top goal scorer. Very Disappointing.
(This comment is directed at all goal scoring type sports, not Futsal).
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

eagles
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by eagles »

[quote="Drusetta"]Results can be found here...

http://www.futsalnationals.com.au/draws/draws.htm

The major disappointing thing to me was once again, the player of the tournament is the top goal scorer. Very Disappointing.
(This comment is directed at all goal scoring type sports, not Futsal).[/q

uote]

do not get to upset over this but i think futsal is nothing but a money spinner,ive been to watch games because both off my kids play,and the way that it is run is crap

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Crap? In what way? If to you (a parent with a vested interest = important customer) it is VERY disappointing to hear.

I had toyed with the idea of becoming a Futsal coach, but your comment makes me to find out more with extreme caution.

Drusetta

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

would love to know what EAGLE meant..........FUTSAL is considered the best way to let your kids develop as footballers

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

i found it to be a ery good tournament learning alot.. credit to all involved..
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

I heard one of the boys broke their leg? Is this true, if so, who was it?

glebe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by glebe »

SILENT P wrote:I heard one of the boys broke their leg? Is this true, if so, who was it?
Na na, Peter Karakasilis from the U19's team has done ligaments to his knee following a 50/50 challenge with the goalkeeper.. couldve broken it if he pulled out! Sidelined for 3 months.

Juventus FC
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Juventus FC »

As usual all SA teams struggled. Havent they realised 1 month preperation aint good enough to match it with NSW and ACT. Also amazes me how they pick players to play upfront or defense. When u play NSW everyone plays everywhere, they keep moving and play the ball round. Victoria like to play 1 guy up front holds it and lays off, works well and enjoyed watching it when i went over.

glebe
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by glebe »

Juventus FC wrote:As usual all SA teams struggled. Havent they realised 1 month preperation aint good enough to match it with NSW and ACT. Also amazes me how they pick players to play upfront or defense. When u play NSW everyone plays everywhere, they keep moving and play the ball round. Victoria like to play 1 guy up front holds it and lays off, works well and enjoyed watching it when i went over.
Very true, i tried to get the coach to have us train along time ago but you know hw it is.. Another major factor with SA struggling is that teams only take over 9 players whereas the rest of the states bring over 12 players. By the quarter final we had 7 fit players and against NSW its not good enuff.. Well theyr gonna bring an open team next year so if your interested juventus ill keep you informed, let me know ay.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

8)

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Juventus FC wrote:As usual all SA teams struggled. Havent they realised 1 month preperation aint good enough to match it with NSW and ACT. Also amazes me how they pick players to play upfront or defense. When u play NSW everyone plays everywhere, they keep moving and play the ball round. Victoria like to play 1 guy up front holds it and lays off, works well and enjoyed watching it when i went over.
A designated forward...defeats the purpose of Futsal IMO. Everyone should play be able to play everywhere (GK excepted at senior level)

Drusetta

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Drusetta wrote:
A designated forward...defeats the purpose of Futsal IMO. Everyone should play be able to play everywhere (GK excepted at senior level)
You're right Drusetta. It limits the formations you can use and also your transitions.

The NSW teams (I'm talking more about Thunder and Lightning) were probably the best (in U16 Boys anyway) at changing from a 2-2 formation in defence to a diamond in attack. And each time they changed their target man.

Having said that, even the NSW teams (more so Lightning) had dedicated defenders, who didn't go forward all that much.

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

U16 is bordering on seniors so I can understand the distinction between more defensive minded and more attacking minded players...but I'm guessing that all field players had fairly advanced defensive and attacking skills

Drusetta

Juventus FC
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Juventus FC »

glebe wrote:
Very true, i tried to get the coach to have us train along time ago but you know hw it is.. Another major factor with SA struggling is that teams only take over 9 players whereas the rest of the states bring over 12 players. By the quarter final we had 7 fit players and against NSW its not good enuff.. Well theyr gonna bring an open team next year so if your interested juventus ill keep you informed, let me know ay.
Yeh im interested depending on who the coach is and if they are going to actually try and implement a formation and tactics and take a decent team over, not just play 2-2 and stay like that all tournament and only hav 4-5 decent players and the rest are just fillins. They need to be training for a few months not a few weeks.

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Generally, yes. Although even in younger age groups, you could see the difference between the more defensive or more attacking players. But you could argue that that would be always be case - for team balance, amongst other things.

NSW Lightning had 3 players that hardly ever went above the half way line. Obviously, they weren't on the court together but they were "definite defensive roles only" type of players. And to be honest, they didn't really look like attacking players, in the way they carried themselves or the ball.

Juventus FC
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Juventus FC »

I remember our 1st game against NSW Thunder, lost 6-0 and we hardly got a touch, they never had a shot from out wide. Was just pass and move, pass and move. Ball always came back to the middle for a shot. 2nd year i went we were dominating NSW Lighting and Glebe can vouch for that. 1-0 up at half time, they didnt have a sniff. In the 2nd they tactically smashed us and ended up winning 6-1. They swiched to a diamond and the pivot man push right up on the top of the box layed it off everytime for a goal. Our coach wasnt tactically smart enough to change our formation to keep us in the game.

I learnt alot over there watching those 2 teams and Victoria. Would be good if we could get good coaches to teach us how to play as a well drilled, tactical team cos we have some very good players in SA.

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Juventus FC wrote:I remember our 1st game against NSW Thunder, lost 6-0 and we hardly got a touch, they never had a shot from out wide. Was just pass and move, pass and move. Ball always came back to the middle for a shot. 2nd year i went we were dominating NSW Lighting and Glebe can vouch for that. 1-0 up at half time, they didnt have a sniff. In the 2nd they tactically smashed us and ended up winning 6-1. They swiched to a diamond and the pivot man push right up on the top of the box layed it off everytime for a goal. Our coach wasnt tactically smart enough to change our formation to keep us in the game.

I learnt alot over there watching those 2 teams and Victoria. Would be good if we could get good coaches to teach us how to play as a well drilled, tactical team cos we have some very good players in SA.

I can only speak for the U16 boys team but I know what you mean. Last year, we were smashed 14-2 by NSW Thunder (as U15's) but this year, we held them to 2-2.

They went on to win the age group over Lightning. But SA were the only team that Thunder didn't beat in the tournament.

We also drew against Lightning 3-3 in the final round game but lost 5-0 to them in the semi final. Just had no more legs and were beaten by a better team that come from teams that play most of the year.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

8)

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

glebe wrote:
SILENT P wrote:I heard one of the boys broke their leg? Is this true, if so, who was it?
Na na, Peter Karakasilis from the U19's team has done ligaments to his knee following a 50/50 challenge with the goalkeeper.. couldve broken it if he pulled out! Sidelined for 3 months.
NAB would be pretty happy with that..........not :roll:

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Nova wrote:
glebe wrote:

No offense but bugger the club, I'd imagine the lad is pretty gutted.

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Squizzy wrote:
Nova wrote:
glebe wrote:

No offense but bugger the club, I'd imagine the lad is pretty gutted.
Yeah, good point Sqiz, didn't really mean to be one dimensional :oops:
Good kid and I hope he recovers well :wink:

sting
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sting »

There is a club out there who knows the game beter than any person you have coach you. Look up the Stingrays Futsal Programs.
They have played against the best state teams in the other states and can match or beat them. The last tournament Stingrays played was in December against Victoria open mens state team which we beat, but a very tough game it was. Our programs run all year round and tournaments are planned regularly. Our coaches are the best in the state and know the game with all the different formations. Futsal Academies are run all year round for all ages starting at 3 year old.
You can never beat a team going over playing an outdoor version of Futsal, you will always get beaten. Outdoor players are not educated enough about futsal or the diagonal runs or the different formations, not fit enough to keep up with the demand it puts on your body. I mean that without offending anyone. You cant expect a top tennis player to suddenly want to play squash and be the same champion. All I say is go and have a look for yourself, when you meet MR Futsal and you will know what I am talking about.
The players that were chosen do they play all year round?

sting
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sting »

Have you guys ever sat and watched a professional Futsal game?
People get frustrated because they dont know much about futsal but want to win.
You dont need to tackle you are moving all the time waiting for opposition to make a mistake then your turn to be patient and look for an opening.
The art of Futsal isnt about aggression, this is were you are learning the wrong skills. Be creative play to a formation, set pieces will also win you the game. Not havng regular substitutes is were most teams go wrong, they think the best 5 never need to come off. When you learn futsal the way is should be played you cant go for more than 5 minutes at full pace. Even the best teams in the world sub regularly.
GET INDOORS AND "FEEL THE STING"
Spiros 0414 662 771

lb
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by lb »

Sting,
From what I have seen the "stingrays" wouldn't get close to the top teams at nationals so stop talking yourself up. You say you have played the best open state teams so when did you play ACT Cobras or NSW Thunder? They were by far and away the best teams at nationals. When did you play the Solomon Islands or NSW Storm? They were the next best teams. You say you played and beat Victoria. Not much of an achievement considering they're probably the biggest one man team I've ever seen, and he probably didn't play against you guys. Their 45yo coach is one of their better players and he wouldn't get a look in in the B teams for the other states. I doubt the stingrays would have got within 5-6 goals of the top states and I you wouldn't have got close to the quarter finals.

Why don't you stop talking yourself up and actually test yourself against the very best states (NSW and ACT) rather than play meaningless friendlies against the lesser lights of Australian futsal (basically all the "Vikings" affiliates).

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Spiros,

Please go and promote your operations on another topic. I consider your above posts extremely rude.

How about congratulating the players that participated in this year's Nationals? This would at least be in line with the topic.

udinese76
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by udinese76 »

All this bickering of, futsal this and were better than u is a load of bollocks.
I have a propasition for all you out there lets play a series of games were the open mens teams from, futsal SA, stingrays and who ever, play against eachother. It wont do much but hey i want to play some good opponents because i have played against some quality teams here and interstate, so lets settle this by playing on the futsal court and not on forums!

Cmon i am game is anyone else?

I am pretty much sick of this crap and we all must get together and grow futsal as one, Simple as that!

Viking
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

National Titles

Post by Viking »

Wow guys, After reading all your posts, it sounds like you and your children should be playing in a Vikings Futsal comp all year round, like a lot of the players that played at the Nationals do.
I had the opportunity at the Nationals to assist Ewerton a full time professional coach flown in from Brazil by Vikings Futsal, who was the head coach of the Open Men's and Women's QLD teams.
What an experience, the Men's team lost to Solomon Islands (great outfit unlucky not to have been in the final) in the quarters 3-2 only after we missed a few sitters.
The women's team went all the way to the final against NSW and it was 2-2 after extra time and unfortunately we lost 7-8 on penalties.
Watching Ewerton coach with true Brazilian flair was amazing and this is the type of coaching SA needs all year round to be competitive at the Nationals next year.
The Vikings have a full time Brazilian coach Gui Costa based in QLD and also former professional Brazilian player Fernando from VIC. who played in the A League at our disposal.
A few of you mentioned in your posts that you want quality coaches who have played professionally and know all the formations backwards. Vikings Futsal can provide that if you want.
One of the saddest things I saw at the Nationals was a young SA girl who won the MVP for the U14's and she will now back to outdoor and do nothing with her great Futsal talent locally or internationally.
The QLD team won the the U14's Girls, so can you imaging half that team plus a few SA, NSW, ACT and VIC girls mixed in, what a team that would be to take Internationally to better them selves.
Vikings Futsal is not affiliated with the SA Federation or Adelaide Stingrays, as there is no career paths for the players after the Nationals or locally organised VIC. games.
At the Vikings there are many career paths for players all year round from School titles, Regional's titles, Nationals, Men's and Women's National League and Internationals teams.
So if you want to play Futsal the Brazilian way all year round, are not interested in politics and want a career path please contact me on the details below. Yours in Sport Tom
Tom Miletic
Vikings Futsal SA
1800 FUTSAL
Ph/Fax. 08 8258 8590
Mob. 0413 000 866
tom@vikingsfutsal.com
http://www.vikingsfutsal.com

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

udinese76 wrote:All this bickering of, futsal this and were better than u is a load of bollocks.
I have a propasition for all you out there lets play a series of games were the open mens teams from, futsal SA, stingrays and who ever, play against eachother. It wont do much but hey i want to play some good opponents because i have played against some quality teams here and interstate, so lets settle this by playing on the futsal court and not on forums!

Cmon i am game is anyone else?

I am pretty much sick of this crap and we all must get together and grow futsal as one, Simple as that!
Sick of the crap but you want a game between the two, to prove what :?
Like previously stated,stick to the topic or start your own :!:

Viking
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Viking »

Hi Udinese76
Great post and I couldn't agree with you more, but I wish you all the success with the challenge as I would be very surprised if the others will take it up.
To show you how petty they are, some of the FFA officials at the Nationals who I have refereed with, coached with and thought they were so called mates ignored me because I was working with the Vikings.
As for the Stingrays, Spiros also is not happy that I am with the Vikings, so I think you will have your work cut out for you.

I will up the challenge and maybe with your help and the support of the true Futsal lovers we can put SA on the Futsal map and get them playing Futsal out side SA on a regular basis.
The Vikings are running a National Men's and Women's League from which they will pick the best players from around the country to go overseas with the Vikings Australian Team.
Now that's an opportunity that most players only dream about, but to actually be selected for the Australia team and have the trip paid for as well is a very professional offer from the Vikings.
As you may have read previously, at Vikings Futsal we don't get involved in politics, if a player from the Magill comp or a Stingrays comp want's to play in the SA team, then they are most welcome.
Apart from the possibility of playing for your country, playing in a strong Futsal comp on a regular basis will only develop Futsal in SA which is what we all want.
Let me know your thoughts. Cheers Tom
Tom Miletic
Vikings Futsal SA
1800 FUTSAL
Ph/Fax. 08 8258 8590
Mob. 0413 000 866
tom@vikingsfutsal.com
http://www.vikingsfutsal.com