downs v munno para

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

downs v munno para

Post by legga »

downs 0 munno para o. Hot as anything played 4 quarters for the supporters it was spot the shade. Lads gave it their all. Good to see ross taylor strech out for a hole game. Agars in to everything and big bert itching to have a run. A few good young ones for the para. not much to do for benny in goals. Should of been played at a beach somewhere. To cap it off downslow man rocked up smashed. the worst part was all the money went to the dodgy cricket club who shut the feed bin down just as everyone was looking for tea.
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: downs v munno para

Post by swannsong »

legga wrote:downs 0 munno para o. Hot as anything played 4 quarters for the supporters it was spot the shade. Lads gave it their all. Good to see ross taylor strech out for a hole game. Agars in to everything and big bert itching to have a run. A few good young ones for the para. not much to do for benny in goals. Should of been played at a beach somewhere. To cap it off downslow man rocked up smashed. the worst part was all the money went to the dodgy cricket club who shut the feed bin down just as everyone was looking for tea.
And he still hasn't made a post on the forum yet !
Southern Knights SC - 2024 - Celebrating 30 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

I'm sure you could teach him how

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Very Very hot day. Downs never really got out of first gear. The heat definately effected the way they played. Didn't look to bad but at times they appeared disinterested more from the heat.

Agars was ok but will be better for the run. Hughes not to bad, Andrews solid at the back. The one who impressed I thought was Ross Taylor. Got involved and looked dangerous. Radford wasn't to bad as a striker partner either.

Para were quite good. A few good kids who got stuck in. Class and experience definately on the Downs side but Para held their own in patches.

Woudn't read to much into the game either when they still have Fuda, Reeves, Blackwood and Brookes to come back in.

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Taylor was a Huge loss for our club!..........

Gardens have a habit of un_earthing good 1st Div. forwards & I dont think that will CHANGE :wink:

A Mature League
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by A Mature League »

nugget66 wrote:Taylor was a Huge loss for our club!..........

Gardens have a habit of un_earthing good 1st Div. forwards & I dont think that will CHANGE :wink:
Are you saying that Gardens have a habit ? There is treatment available !
And who might all of these 1st Division forwards be that you have unearthed ?
Image Image
" I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." - Tom Waits

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

A Mature League wrote:

Are you saying that Gardens have a habit ?
ROSS TAYLOR 1 Div. s.a.a.s.l leading goal scorer 06

MO IMBRAHAM 1 Div. s.a.a.s.l leading goal scorer 07

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

nugget66 wrote:
A Mature League wrote:

Wasnt Mo unearthed by Saint Augs? You poached him from them for what I recall.

Also, didnt Nicholls get leading goal scorer last year? Donovan was runner up

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

unearted in Div.4???

& we didn't poach him Jay he walked off the street & asked to play for us;
sorry Jay...

05 Taylor
06 Imbraham

finderskeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by finderskeeper »

nugget66 wrote:
A Mature League wrote:

2, that's a shocking habit Parafield have :shock:

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

Very tough conditions to play in. Very dry and bumpy pitch. Munnos bounce is even worse than the Downs Bounce! :lol:

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

Munno Para Bounce :o :?: :o The conditions were tough, but both teams had to play in them!! I think Munno Para done rather well on the day but yes they have a little to work on. Radford and Taylor worked very well together, I reckon this partnership will result in a few goals for the Downs. The Munno Para defence held thier own for most of the game.

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

The Russian Submarine wrote:Munno Para Bounce :o :?: :o The conditions were tough, but both teams had to play in them!! I think Munno Para done rather well on the day but yes they have a little to work on. Radford and Taylor worked very well together, I reckon this partnership will result in a few goals for the Downs. The Munno Para defence held thier own for most of the game.
Until Brooksy comes in!

supporter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by supporter »

KEANO16 wrote:Very tough conditions to play in. Very dry and bumpy pitch. Munnos bounce is even worse than the Downs Bounce! :lol:
at least its green :lol:

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Topgun wrote:
The Russian Submarine wrote:Munno Para Bounce :o :?: :o The conditions were tough, but both teams had to play in them!! I think Munno Para done rather well on the day but yes they have a little to work on. Radford and Taylor worked very well together, I reckon this partnership will result in a few goals for the Downs. The Munno Para defence held thier own for most of the game.
Until Brooksy comes in!
I can see a few headache's for Motts :? good problem to have!

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

I realise both teams had to play in the conditions, wasn't using it as an excuse, just commenting on how bumpy both pitches are!! :lol:

The Russian Submarine
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Russian Submarine »

I realise both teams had to play in the conditions, wasn't using it as an excuse, just commenting on how bumpy both pitches are!!
Not saying you were pal, I agree Munno Para bounce is way worse than The Downs Bounce! Especially on that our second pitch!!

"It was the challenge of returning home and wearing the famous black and white shirt which made up my mind." - Alan Shearer

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Made in Australia »

The Russian Submarine wrote:
I realise both teams had to play in the conditions, wasn't using it as an excuse, just commenting on how bumpy both pitches are!!
Not saying you were pal, I agree Munno Para bounce is way worse than The Downs Bounce! Especially on that our second pitch!!
It's that bad we train on it & still can't get used to it!!!
Image Image

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

.....drawing a bit of a long bow with Taylor there mate, I believe he had played with Enfield and even with the Redbacks before you......and I understand that he is now at a club that he feels looks after him and he enjoys the family atmosphere.

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

OldRedback wrote:

.....drawing a bit of a long bow with Taylor there mate, I believe he had played with Enfield and even with the Redbacks before you......and I understand that he is now at a club that he feels looks after him and he enjoys the family atmosphere.
stop sitrring mate :D :D

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

nugget66 wrote:unearted in Div.4???

& we didn't poach him Jay he walked off the street & asked to play for us;
sorry Jay...

05 Taylor
06 Imbraham

07 O'Malley

05 Taylor
06 Imbraham

07 O'Malley
08.................[/quote]

Sorry Nelly couldnt resist!!

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

05 Taylor
06 Imbrahim
07 OMalley
[b]08 Lefty[/b]

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

like many clubs in that area the council is meant to 'look after' the pitch and do sweet F.A. about it.last yr half way through the season we had to dump a load of dirt on it to try and make it flat but the next day there were juniors playing on it!! oh and i hate the cricket club, the sooner they leave the better.
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

sparts wrote:like many clubs in that area the council is meant to 'look after' the pitch and do sweet F.A. about it.last yr half way through the season we had to dump a load of dirt on it to try and make it flat but the next day there were juniors playing on it!! oh and i hate the cricket club, the sooner they leave the better.
I agree Sparts, they are a burden to MPCSC!
Image Image

Tick
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Tick »

Made in Australia wrote:
sparts wrote:like many clubs in that area the council is meant to 'look after' the pitch and do sweet F.A. about it.last yr half way through the season we had to dump a load of dirt on it to try and make it flat but the next day there were juniors playing on it!! oh and i hate the cricket club, the sooner they leave the better.
I agree Sparts, they are a burden to MPCSC!
Guy's ( sparts & made in Aus )
Can we try to be constructive with our views on the cricket club, people have worked very hard to build bridges & opinions on a public forum has the potentual to ruin alot of hard work done behind the scenes :!:

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Ever heard of Freedom of Speech?

Myself & every other person here is entitled to an opinion, whether you agree with it or not!

I ask, what hard work has been done?

The same problem happens season in, season out.

"You can't train here, you can't use the canteen, you can't use the bar, you can't use the main pitch." FFS
Image Image

Fork Sake
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fork Sake »

Didn't you have problems with the rugby club aswell?
Golden Greek wrote:You can't punish Sydney. it's in the FFA constitution.
ImageImage

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Years ago we did.

That's what jealousy does! :P
Image Image

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

hasnt the cricket club just celebrated their 20th anniversary??
how long since you guys moved up the hill to use craigmore cricket club clubrooms??
be grateful , i'm sure the cricket club says the same at the end of the soccer season!!
aren't there many people involved in both clubs??

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

The cricket and rugby clubs wouldn't be financially viable there by themselves.

Grove kept them afloat the whole time we were up there. All dividends(if there were any) were split evenly three ways then, even though we were bringing in at least 80% of the total revenue.

I was under the impression that Munno Para have full control of the clubrooms and the cricket and rugby answer to them. Am I wrong?
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio