Taylor Makes Eduardo Hospital Visit

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Birmingham City's Martin Taylor has visited Eduardo in hospital after the horror tackle that wrecked the Croatian's season

Arsene Wenger and Arsenal fans alike largely seem to have calmed down from their initial demands that Martin Taylor be banned from football for life.

The Birmingham City defender was dismissed in just the third minute of Saturday's 2-2 draw with Arsenal after making a leg, shin and ankle-breaking tackle that will keep Gunners striker Eduardo out of action for around a year.

Hospital Beds

Taylor is said to be extremely distressed by the incident and has paid several secret visits to Eduardo in the Birmingham hospital. The defender has offered the Croatian an apology for the tackle and an explanation of what happened, stressing that there was no malicious intent.

Taylor tried to visit Eduardo for the first time on Saturday, soon after the game, but was unable to because the Gunners player was in surgery. He returned yesterday to speak to the striker. Eduardo is understood to have accepted Taylor's apology and last night appeared more focused on recovery than he was angry at the perpetrator.

I'll Be Back

"I’m determined to overcome this injury," he said. "I don’t remember the incident very well and it is not something I want to see again. All I remember is, when I fell, I looked down at my foot and it had turned the other way. The rest is just a blank. It’s an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football.

"I am unsure at the moment of the extent of the injury and how long I will be out of action," he continued, "but I know that I won’t be able to play for the rest of the season or be ready in time for Euro 2008 this summer. But I’m not worried about that. My concentration and determination is on making as quick a recovery as possible.â€￾

Eduardo has now been moved to a hospital closer to his home in London.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

thats good...he didnt do it on purpose..give him a break..but hopefully eduardo gets back soon..hes a great player

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

Well in
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

one thing I can tell you is there is no worse feeling than being involved in an injury like that. You feel physically sick, wondering why you made the challenge, knowing that a bloke would not be in hospital if it wasn't for you challenging for the ball.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

I agree .. leave this guy alone ... if i do it on purpose, he wouldnt visit him in hospital !!

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

give the guy some respect for visiting him im sure there are players out there that wouldnt bother.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

well done taylor and cmon eduardo, come back soon

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

yeh i dun see none of u arsenal guys visitin him...

well in taylor

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

MUFCBOY wrote:yeh i dun see none of u arsenal guys visitin him...

well in taylor
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Good on Taylor for visiting, hate to see a player go down like that, just hope he recovers well.

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

unlucky, bad tackle

Mr DJ
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mr DJ »

the problem is, that with everyone flying in with studs up it was always going to end up with a serious injury to someone.

hope he gets well soon though.

but dare i say it EDS's biggest problem playing was he got no right foot, maybe he may come back better (as i know full well after a bad injury to a leg it takes a long time to be fully confident in it again) he may be more inclined to go with the right foot?

Art Vanderlay
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Art Vanderlay »

Prick of a tackle, but at least Taylor gives Eduardo the respect to go and visit him in hospital. There is no way he did that on purpose. But if he did, the bobbies should waddle on down to Taylors house and arrest him for manslaughter..... Same as if anybody lays a tackle like that with the intention of hurting them
DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4uKZSNplEc

You kept making all the stops? Well people kept rrrrrrrringing the bell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpvON6IpNs

Ray Parlour
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Ray Parlour »

well in taylor
lol stop stirrin sh**

all the arsenal players went to the hospital as soon as he was awake waiting for him...

interesting story on how gary lewin saved his career

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow
http://www.fastfootball.net - live football news & scores from around the world in one fast loading page

*NHS has announced that all sperm banks in Manchester & West London will close over the next few days as all the chardonnays will be in Moscow

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Robert Pires* wrote:

well in taylor
lol stop stirrin sh**

all the arsenal players went to the hospital as soon as he was awake waiting for him...

interesting story on how gary lewin saved his career

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow
exactly why he is England physio and gets paid so much

kmaau
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kmaau »

Good luck on his recovery .
Also credit where its due for Taylor visiting him.

Imo, I've seen too many similar tackles creeping in to the game , both here and in the epl. I agree that its only a matter of time for an extremely nasty injury like this to happen again.
Too many full-blooded studs-up tackles.
Clearly recall round 1 Qld v Ad United, some of the tackles made me shudder. Many other similar games this year as well. Almost put me off encouraging my boy taking up the game.
Only the quickness of players like Burns etc,in evading these tackles , saved them from similar fate.

Want to see more red cards and harsher suspensions for these tackles, and less reds for hurting referees feelings .