Funny post about Man Utd from worldgame forum

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Funny post about Man Utd from worldgame forum

Post by olympiakos »

i thought this was funny

There is apparently a guy at work who is a 'die-hard' United fan, I met him in a meeting just then and asked if he caught the action this morning. He said "we did well against AC, didn't we". I stayed silent for a bit waiting for him to correct himself...none came. I offered that "Roma were a force to be reckoned with, but we detained them" casually. He said "oh yeah, with Totti, they can tear a team to shreds".
At this stage I'm curious if this dude is serious, I'm not like some of the United fans that accuse others of 'the bandwagon', so I offered to send him a post match review...

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Funny post about Man Utd from worldgame forum

Post by Piola »

olympiakos wrote:i thought this was funny

There is apparently a guy at work who is a 'die-hard' United fan, I met him in a meeting just then and asked if he caught the action this morning. He said "we did well against AC, didn't we". I stayed silent for a bit waiting for him to correct himself...none came. I offered that "Roma were a force to be reckoned with, but we detained them" casually. He said "oh yeah, with Totti, they can tear a team to shreds".
At this stage I'm curious if this dude is serious, I'm not like some of the United fans that accuse others of 'the bandwagon', so I offered to send him a post match review...
big deal, personally i told about 5 Man U fans the score of their own game yesterday and again today a couple of Liverpool and arsenal fans.

We Italians are more passionate than these EPL bandwagoners.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

haha like my friend who claims to be a die hard chelsea fan but has no idea when they play or if they win or lose

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

marco ballotta wrote:

big deal, personally i told about 5 Man U fans the score of their own game yesterday and again today a couple of Liverpool and arsenal fans.

Mr.Ballotta has hit the nail right on the head with that response and it's true.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Bianchi9Amaranto wrote:
marco ballotta wrote:

Mr.Ballotta has hit the nail right on the head with that response and it's true.
there are more epl bandwagoners cause the epl has had more hype and theres always news on it and more tv telecast etc. so people know more about it

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

if they don't know when their own team is playing then what do they know???

just more people who wank over Cristiano and Gerrard

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

marco ballotta wrote:if they don't know when their own team is playing then what do they know???

they know the EPL is the best league in the world :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

pires7 wrote:
marco ballotta wrote:if they don't know when their own team is playing then what do they know???

they know the EPL is the best league in the world :lol: :lol: :lol:
look I know someone who supports Gerrard. not Liverpool but Gerrard

how the shiraz can you support a single player?? yes Serie A bandwagoners do exist but these EPL fans are a bottle of shiraz joke. :lol:

seriously if thats what marketing is all about then calcio is better off as it is

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Nothing pisses me off more than getting messages from a united supporter who hasn't watched a game this year, when arsenal lost to chelsea.

I don't think I should care though as if their team does win something sure they will wear the gear and talk about it for a week, but they don't get to enjoy the ups and downs, the poorer years, the saved points that make a title etc.

where there is $$ there are Yanks and they see big money in the EPL hence why it is moving into world prominance.

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

my mate, a chelsea fan? came into my work at about 5pm and didnt even know that they had played.

i told him that they played fenebache overnite.

he asked me which country were they from?

i told him they were a team from spain and chelsea had won 1-0.

.....i still havnt received a phone call. mind you he is married to a wog so theres still hope for him yet.
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

best part about the forum is speaking to people who actually follow the games

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

totsreds08 wrote:haha like my friend who claims to be a die hard chelsea fan but has no idea when they play or if they win or lose
yer i have them too lol.
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

I think it is a bit harsh putting all English fans in the same basket in saying they are shiraz as there are a lot of genuine fans out there. It is very frustating when a so called fan gives you crap about beating your team about a week later when they find out.
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

Every team has those supporters, doesn't matter where. It's more prevalent to English teams because EPL is the most popular league in Aus.

My mate was in Rebel Sports one night with his Chelsea 'Terry 26' top on a couple of years ago when a guy came up to him. "Chelsea, yeah? I like Chelsea they're a good team," he says. First clue right there. "Terry, yeah he's a good player isn't he?"

"Yeah he is," my mate agrees a little cautiously, catching on this guy is a bit of a dropkick.

"Yeah he's heaps good. Terry Henry"

*facepalm*

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

There are plenty italian plastic supporters also

I have a mate who is a 'devout' liverpool and milan supporter (not sure how that works) yet has christiano ronaldo spread all over his myspace, his walls etc.. Napoli10 will know who i am speaking of lol

going back a few weeks, im waiting for a toilet to free up at the futre music festival, there is a man doing the same (who happens to be wearing a juventus top) being the friendly chap i am, i decided to converse with him regarding the overnight result, he was completely oblivious to what i was talking about

It also seems like the 'in thing' for japanese or chinese people to wear ac milan gear perhaps because kaka appeared on an a pepsi commercial with goku or something like that (Other teams also.. its not just limited to EPL)

Anyway, who am i to judge, I support a massive club, i wear a pink floyd top and could only probably name about 3 songs, and i finger my dogs bum because i saw it on tv.. we're all bandwagoners really.

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by El Pocho Lavezzi »

King Henry Returns wrote:There are plenty italian plastic supporters also

I have a mate who is a 'devout' liverpool and milan supporter (not sure how that works) yet has christiano ronaldo spread all over his myspace, his walls etc.. Napoli10 will know who i am speaking of lol
golden! i know exactly who you are on about..

the same guy said he'd turn gay for c. ronaldo..

his name is frankie or something??

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

King Henry Returns wrote:There are plenty italian plastic supporters also

true but these guys tend to at least be Italians. for every Serie A bandwagoner there is 20 EPL bandwagoners

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Last week either an Italian or Greek on here (can't remember) asked if their team was playing that week?

It's the same for everyone, however there are many more EPL fans so you get more idiots, but the % of stupid EPL fans is still far lower :D

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

e-football wrote:Last week either an Italian or Greek on here (can't remember) asked if their team was playing that week?

It's the same for everyone, however there are many more EPL fans so you get more idiots, but the % of stupid EPL fans is still far lower :D
:lol: :lol: that was a bloke called tonigol who is a Riommanista and well and truly shiraz in the head

judging by the way he acts I think hes probably half-Italian half-Greek

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

we just have players worth liking inlike lazio supporters :D
I speak nothing but the truth

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

wat about me... i love and grew up on calcio... yet am a EPL bandwagoner cos i support Liverpool... where does that put me?!?!? :lol:

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

LFTWNG11 wrote:wat about me... i love and grew up on calcio... yet am a EPL bandwagoner cos i support Liverpool... where does that put me?!?!? :lol:
your Laziale so your a legend

your no bandwagoner
but i hate the scouse scum