Collegiate League Results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Collegiate League Results

Post by limozeen »

http://www.collegiatesoccerleague.com.a ... .php?p=1_9

In a previous post someone asked about CSL results. Well the CSL has come into the 21st century at last and has a website with results, tables etc at the above URL.
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Collegiate League Results

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I heard Windsor Gardens Old Scholars are a shoo in to win it this year as they have a new Number 10 fantasista in Tony "Concrete Man" Zito.

I heard he is after Wanganeen and Artone when they play Norwood.

Watch out Gav.

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

they drew on the weekend,so what does shoo mean
grads red?
watch out for norwood

JohnnyP
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JohnnyP »

We (Grads Red) should have beaten Windsor on the weekend, dominated and missed a penalty. Also 2 other sure penalties not given.
That being said, Windsor are a strong side and I don't see them dropping too many points.
We're playing Norwood tomorrow, should be a good game, look forward to seeing how strong they are.

Running Man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Running Man »

Grads Red vs Norwood

4 - 4

A new very spirited rivarly has been forged due to not only our quest for the title but unfortunately some very ugly behind the scenes play by a few bad apples in Grads Red (particularly No5). If they concentrated on football they might actually play better.

Norwood only played at 50% of our capacity with some big names out & a very poor refereeing display - Watch out on the flip side.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Interesting Div 4 results. Pembroke 5 PAOC 1 and Grads Red 4 Grads Blue 4. I don't think Grads blue had scored until now.
Go Reds

Lua Lua
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lua Lua »

I dont know if you were at the same game, but if there were any behind the scenes clashes it was Norwood that was responsible. Many late tackles and only player sent off was from Norwood. I thought overall a great game full of passion and excitement.

Lua Lua
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lua Lua »

Het Limozeen, the Div 4 game Grads Red v Grads Blue result was 2-1. Wrong in paper. 4-all draw was the Div 3 result Grads Red v Norwood.

JohnnyP
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JohnnyP »

Running Machine wrote:Grads Red vs Norwood

4 - 4

A new very spirited rivarly has been forged due to not only our quest for the title but unfortunately some very ugly behind the scenes play by a few bad apples in Grads Red (particularly No5). If they concentrated on football they might actually play better.

Norwood only played at 50% of our capacity with some big names out & a very poor refereeing display - Watch out on the flip side.

No offense Running Machine, but this is a one-sided argument. Was it not one of your players that was sent off? Count how many cards your players received in comparison to ours. 'Behind the scene' antics were going on from both sides and there was nothing malicious, a push here and shove there. If you're going to dish it out, learn how to take it.

Poor refereeing I'll agree on, he only limited your side to the 1 send off when you should have had another 2. One incident, your player clearly head-butted one of ours right infront of the referee out of play... that's a straight red card, but it went unpunished.

So next time, before you come on here bagging someone, look at the game from the the other perspective as well, you don't see Grads Red on here whining about it. When all is said and done, at the end of the game, we all shook hands and it was a thriller, so be happy about the match we put on for those watching and forget the rest.

Anyway, having said that, Grads Red vs Norwood was probably the best game to watch, thrilling match which saw the lead change over 3 times in a matter of 5 minutes and a couple goals scored from well outside the 18 (in particular Artone's from the kick-off grrr).
I don't see any games beating that this year for sheer excitement. All the best and look forward to our next clash.

Johnny

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

hey johnny the way your number 5 carries on.he will get his head kick in one day,sorry mate he deserves it. you don't go around upping cutting guys in the stomach behind play,punching,stomping on players after a challenge, pulling his tongue out to the defender and dropping his pants when he scored.tell him to grow up,other than that,it was a great game to watch.good luck in the season.

Ruff and Tuff
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ruff and Tuff »

Div 3 in the Collegiate League is probably the strongest hardest competition in the Collegiate League, Grads Red are stepping up this year, same as Norwood.

It's good to see new recruits from Super League joining clubs - but Windsor Gardens take it too far - half of their team retired from Super League over the past year or so. Obviously you are going to win the title with the likes of Kierno, Tony Zito, Felice Scalzi and Frank Sergi. If they don't win it - they will be the laughing stock of the league - like last year - they played all thier guns and lost out to Uni Black.

They'll win it this year - but they have dropped two points against Grads Red so they are beatable.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Ruff and Tuff - What would you like - a draft so one team doesnt sign players ??? That is a ridiculous statement.

FYI The guys that run windsor are good mates with the players you mentioned, so its expected that they play there. None of them get paid and they enjoy the social outing. Get over it.Expect a few more from ABE and Metro over the next few years to join - apparently they have signed pre-contracts :wink:

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Lua Lua wrote:Het Limozeen, the Div 4 game Grads Red v Grads Blue result was 2-1. Wrong in paper. 4-all draw was the Div 3 result Grads Red v Norwood.
Yes I noticed now that they finally updated the web site...
Go Reds

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

Hey Ruff and Tuff. I am not associated with Windsor Gardens in any way but what do you want this club to do? Do you want them to turn away ex super league players just because they have played in the highest league in SA. If they have have 11 ex super league starting what does it matter. These guys are out to have a good time and catch up with friends. If they actually tried they could win the league easily but its not about that for them. Personally I think you are just jealous and that is it. If you want to win the league and games you dont need ex super league players you just need a squad of very determined people. I personally think its great that Windsor have managed to keep these ex players involved in the game of soccer.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

POLONIAROCS wrote:Hey Ruff and Tuff. I am not associated with Windsor Gardens in any way but what do you want this club to do? Do you want them to turn away ex super league players just because they have played in the highest league in SA. If they have have 11 ex super league starting what does it matter. These guys are out to have a good time and catch up with friends. If they actually tried they could win the league easily but its not about that for them. Personally I think you are just jealous and that is it. If you want to win the league and games you dont need ex super league players you just need a squad of very determined people. I personally think its great that Windsor have managed to keep these ex players involved in the game of soccer.
I agree. It's great to have these sort of players around, especially if you've got young players at a club so they can learn.

I certainly wouldn't turn them away.
Go Reds

Running Man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Running Man »

Norwood vs Windsor

1-1

Now that was a game! Played in great spirit with both teams having quite a few chances to win the game. Norwood dominanted early & Windsor finished strongly - in the end a fair result. Great to share a beer after the game with opposition - the way CSL should be Grads Red!.

Gav might be back next week (out due to injury for last 2 weeks) to terrorise PAOC.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Heard the same thing re: the Norwood vs Windsor game - cant wait to see the Gav and Artone show in action.

JohnnyP
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JohnnyP »

Running Man wrote:Norwood vs Windsor

1-1

Now that was a game! Played in great spirit with both teams having quite a few chances to win the game. Norwood dominanted early & Windsor finished strongly - in the end a fair result. Great to share a beer after the game with opposition - the way CSL should be Grads Red!.

Gav might be back next week (out due to injury for last 2 weeks) to terrorise PAOC.
You've really hurt my feelings mate...

Can't believe you're still going on about this... it was 2 weeks ago dude, build a bridge already like everyone else has ;)

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Div 4 Unley 7 Pembroke 3. Would have been interesting to watch...
Go Reds

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

Hey limozeen is there something wrong with the Collegiate League website, i cant get in?

Lart
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Lart »

Just remember it's collegiatesoccerleague.com.au. The ellipsis in the above link might be causing you trouble.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

How many Windsor players have been sent off - they are a dirty team.

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

they were hard and fair against us,no problems.
not dirty like grads red

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by limozeen »

Yes they updated the site

http://www.collegiatesoccerleague.com.au/

The above link should be all ok. although I reckon the original site looked better... :cry:
Go Reds

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I can tell you now, that coach from Windsor likes his players to play like dirty pigs.

Good team, but dirty pigs.

JohnnyP
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by JohnnyP »

totti wrote:they were hard and fair against us,no problems.
not dirty like grads red
Hold grudges you lot don't you?
How many reds have you been dealt this season? Because I know for a fact that it's either equal to, or higher than us.

Another thing, one player doing something dirty, shouldn't condemn the whole team. If this was the case, then I could sit here bagging your whole team as well.
Again I will refer to the blatant headbutt out of play by your player to one of ours for no reason. I don't hold your whole team responsible for that and you shouldn't hold our whole team responsible for something you didn't like about one of our players.

Again... get over it already, it's really not a big deal.
You don't see me on forums complaining about the Persian invasion on Greece, so quit it already and worry about what happens next.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Another super win for a super side on the weekend down at Windsor - Marcin Kierno back from getting half a suntan in Fiji and Joe Maiese commanding the game from the back.

Frank Sergi's form has been disappointing, however the fact that he has been playing in goals and is 4 foot 8 might have something to do with it.

Anyway cant wait to see windsor smash grads red later in the years.

Go WGOS!!!!!!

HAMZA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by HAMZA »

Scudetto8687
Quote 1: How many Windsor players have been sent off - they are a dirty team.

Quote 2: I can tell you now, that coach from Windsor likes his players to play like dirty pigs.

Good team, but dirty pigs.

Quote 3: Another super win for a super side on the weekend down at Windsor - Marcin Kierno back from getting half a suntan in Fiji and Joe Maiese commanding the game from the back.

Frank Sergi's form has been disappointing, however the fact that he has been playing in goals and is 4 foot 8 might have something to do with it.

Anyway cant wait to see windsor smash grads red later in the years.

Go WGOS!!!!!!

BIPOLAR? :)

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Hey I am the number 1 ticket holder - they are dirty but a good team.

I heard there is another signing on the way because one of the players is going to a State League Team not based in Adelaide.

persianpleasure
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by persianpleasure »

PersianPLeasure believes that Grads Red are a great team with many superstars. He also believes Windsor and Norwood were lucky to get a draw against this brilliant team.