Bizarre pitch fracas follows Chelsea match

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

chelsea91
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bizarre pitch fracas follows Chelsea match

Post by chelsea91 »

Chelsea ground staff and Manchester United players were involved in a bizarre fracas on the pitch in an almost deserted Stamford Bridge stadium after Saturday's Premier League match between the two teams.

None of the United players who played in the match were involved but players Patrice Evra, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Gerard Pique and John O'Shea were all warming down when an argument began with the ground staff tending the pitch.

Stewards quickly moved in to separate those involved but after the situation quietened down the row flared up again, although no punches were thrown.

The incident came a few minutes after Chelsea beat Manchester United 2-1 to pull level with United at the top of the table.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Bizarre pitch fracas follows Chelsea match

Post by Hawkesy »

If none of them played then why did they need to warm down. It's not chelsea's responsibility to provide training facilities for man u reserves.

My money is on chelsea's groundstaff wanting to finish their job and go home and man u players being all bertie big bollocks.

I'd have turned the lights off, and gone and had a cup of tea with the comment of train in the bottle of shiraz dark then.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I thought the general behaviour of the players towards the match officials was appalling. I know it waa crucial game, but almost every decision was followed by groups of players ganging up on them. Over the game thought United's behaviour was the worst, constantly going in groups to the referee arguing and abusing. As an ex-ref I thought the referee cut the players too much slack.

The message has to go get out this behaviour has to be stamped out, the answer issue some cards early in the game.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

ozzie owl wrote:I thought the general behaviour of the players towards the match officials was appalling. I know it waa crucial game, but almost every decision was followed by groups of players ganging up on them. Over the game thought United's behaviour was the worst, constantly going in groups to the referee arguing and abusing. As an ex-ref I thought the referee cut the players too much slack.

The message has to go get out this behaviour has to be stamped out, the answer issue some cards early in the game.
In the first half they were OK, then the second half i think it all became too much for them. Terry pulled a few of his players away from doing it and then 2 minutes later man u were doing it then 10 minutes after that, they surround the linesman.

The FA needs to do something about all of this, this was a showpiece game watched by millions in England, and even more round the world. Kids see this in probably the biggest game of the year and think it's acceptable.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

ozzie owl wrote:I thought the general behaviour of the players towards the match officials was appalling. I know it waa crucial game, but almost every decision was followed by groups of players ganging up on them. Over the game thought United's behaviour was the worst, constantly going in groups to the referee arguing and abusing. As an ex-ref I thought the referee cut the players too much slack.

its the refs fault that players go up 2 him and argue.... they should look at the mascherano incident.... the ref should get the most respect on the pitch, and if he doesnt like sumfin thats sed 2 him then give out a yellow card, and that will stop the rest of them havin a go

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

MUFCBOY wrote:

its the refs fault that players go up 2 him and argue.... they should look at the mascherano incident.... the ref should get the most respect on the pitch, and if he doesnt like sumfin thats sed 2 him then give out a yellow card, and that will stop the rest of them havin a go
if he did that MamU would have ended the game with 8 on the pitch! :wink:

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

Suspensions or fines to follow?
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born