Worst Football Moment

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Worst Football Moment

Post by Robbo »

I was trying to think of the best one, too many, every week had a good thing to it..

Thought we might try the worst, this is eaiser for me... stands out like dog balls... maybe some others too..

Sunday morning - have a huge blue with the then missus, drive all the way down to South Coast's ground (bout 50km) (with her in the car, yelling all the way), played like a dog, got even more frustrated on the park, got a yellow, abused the coach, got another yellow, abused the coach, stormed off park, got called a sook by opposition supporters, grabbed my bag and stormed off to the car where she awaited, and argued all the way home.. Team got well beaten, pretty much all my fault..

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Re: Worst Football Moment

Post by Missing Post Count »

Losing 5-7 to the bottom side getting sent off in the process
  • Opposition awarded penalty
  • Saved, referee determined keeper moved before it was kicked and orders it to be retaken
  • Save retaken penalty, referee determined I moved again and shows yellow card
  • Stand still for re-retaken penalty, kicked straight at me and I catch it, then say to ref book me for that you prat
  • Booked for dissent and red carded
I (actually the team as a whole) had a bad game up to that point.

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

ROBBO wrote:I was trying to think of the best one, too many, every week had a good thing to it..

Thought we might try the worst, this is eaiser for me... stands out like dog balls... maybe some others too..

Sunday morning - have a huge blue with the then missus, drive all the way down to South Coast's ground (bout 50km) (with her in the car, yelling all the way), played like a dog, got even more frustrated on the park, got a yellow, abused the coach, got another yellow, abused the coach, stormed off park, got called a sook by opposition supporters, grabbed my bag and stormed off to the car where she awaited, and argued all the way home.. Team got well beaten, pretty much all my fault..
GET BACK TO WORK - SOOK!!
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Sirslapsalot wrote:
ROBBO wrote:I was trying to think of the best one, too many, every week had a good thing to it..

did your wife say on the way home....told u so....lol

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

I think playing against Ingle Farm a few years a go, i said this in reply to a best memory in the other thread but here it is again, last game of the season playing for a promotion spot if we could beat them and east lost their game, 1-0 up at half time. We'd only consided 12 goals now from 17 and half games and were easily the best defence in the league, didn't give anyone much clear cut chances until the 2nd half where we conceeded 8 to loose 8-1 my biggest lose at senior level, the chance of promtion gone and had to watch the farm celebrate the championship on our ground :cry:
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Sirslapsalot wrote:

eat my shorts,

haha, your one to talk about sooks in your field lol

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

coyote wrote:
Sirslapsalot wrote:

did your wife say on the way home....told u so....lol
lol, no I blamed her for the red card and she howled all the way back, was a long day lol

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Woke up late to a phone call from my coach to ask where I was, told him I'd overslept and was leaving now. Jumped in the car, and sped the whole way to the ground, while arguing with my missus about the speed I was driving at. I had promised my coach I would come back from university (leicester) for this game (300 mile round trip). Turned up at half time and got on the pitch for 5 minutes at the end. WE LOST!!!

2 weeks later the speeding fine and court appearance came through for the 102mph I was caught at. Banned for a month and a huge fine.

All in all a wasted bottle of shiraz day.

In terms of watching, it has to be 1996 Portman Road, watching Millwall get relegated. Ended up hammered in the corner of a pub in leicester with the local nutters buying me drinks because our draw had put them into the play offs.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Being asked to go and play in a state trial and the day before i was playing an outdoor game for my club a couple of days before the trial. i got tackled in the 10TH!!!! minute of injury time from a guy who was never gonna get the ball. he went in studs up from the side of my ankle and smashed it up pretty bad. It busted my ankle up so bad that i couldnt walk on it let alone stand on it, i went and watched the team play like absaloute crap and there was nothing i could do about it. it took 2 years to get it close to what it was but it hasnt been 100% since. practically ended any chance of going anywhere with my career!! what a cabernet day!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

3-2 up in a cup final - thought I was playing well, in fact having a blinder (IMO). Coach's son was having a nightmare. Saw a sub warming up and thought he was going to drag his son - not to be - and I got the flick! The opposition equalised at the death (no prizes for guessing whose fault the goal was) and we lost 5-3 in extra time. Was pissed off big time and never forgave the coach at the time. Was glad he left the club the following season. Wont give his name cos he is no longer with us and I prefer not to slag the departed!
Ignore this signature

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Made in Australia »

Reserves cup round against the Vale at their ground. Draw at half time. Draw at extra time. Goes to penalties - we lost 5-4 from memory. :(
Image Image

Shaken Not Stirred

Post by Shaken Not Stirred »

Watching JayWalking miss hit a long ball from the bye line on the halfway line that soared over the keeper and into the net. If that was not bad enough, as he was editor of the club fanzine at the time we then all had to endure a multi page spread about this so called wonder goal the following home game. What a nightmare.... he still goes on about it today :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

My worst b's moment was in my 2nd senior year, quarter finals against downs at their ground 1-0 down all game but i snatched a headed goal late in the 2nd half to get into extra time. Ended up at penalties i stepped up for the 1st after taking all penalties all year scoring them all and blasted it over the bar we lost 3-1 on pens. Missing a penalty in a shoot out is absolutly gut renching
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Mr Football wrote:My worst b's moment was in my 2nd senior year, quarter finals against downs at their ground 1-0 down all game but i snatched a headed goal late in the 2nd half to get into extra time. Ended up at penalties i stepped up for the 1st after taking all penalties all year scoring them all and blasted it over the bar we lost 3-1 on pens. Missing a penalty in a shoot out is absolutly gut renching
I bet if you had your new Copa's on you would of smashed it through the net!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

doubt it if he took care of the pumas then he would never miss a goal!! kings for life!! copa's are girls boots anyway!
HA'WAY THE LADS

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

imanoutlaw wrote:doubt it if he took care of the pumas then he would never miss a goal!! kings for life!! copa's are girls boots anyway!
My world cups are awesome. Copas with metals! Good old Puma Kings, R.I.P they were around for a long time ey Mr Football.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Mr Football is currently attending the sad funeral of his Puma King SL's. they were a seasoned campaigner and will sadly be missed at the club. Mrs Football said in a statement today that she is glad that they have gone and the house can go back to smelling the way it did before!! i myself have officially started up a fund so we can get Mr Football back into NEW Kings and out of those ratty old copa mundials!!

Any donations would be much appreciated!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

last year being subbed off against Southern Knights for "apparently" going in too hard by Vista's former coach, then too walk past the ref, who shock my hand and said "Unlucky mate, you shouldn't have been taken off, you were one of the best players".
Then having to drive home from south to north, made the drive even further
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Sometimes a coach makes subs for unknown reasons........ us as footballers need to learn from it and move forward, everyone gets subbed sometime!!! some for reasons unknown some know exactly what they did. dunno if that is the worst ever football momment im sure everyone has been subbed once when they beleive they shouldnt have!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

pc wrote:last year being subbed off against Southern Knights for "apparently" going in too hard by Vista's former coach, then too walk past the ref, who shock my hand and said "Unlucky mate, you shouldn't have been taken off, you were one of the best players".
Ahh yes remember that, happened not long after a certain incident involving the Knights, well one player.

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

imanoutlaw wrote:Mr Football is currently attending the sad funeral of his Puma King SL's. they were a seasoned campaigner and will sadly be missed at the club. Mrs Football said in a statement today that she is glad that they have gone and the house can go back to smelling the way it did before!! i myself have officially started up a fund so we can get Mr Football back into NEW Kings and out of those ratty old copa mundials!!

Any donations would be much appreciated!!
My deepest condolences to Mr Football and the Kings, will be sadly missed around the club. Outlaw what you are doing is wonderful, we need more people like you.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

pc wrote:last year being subbed off against Southern Knights for "apparently" going in too hard by Vista's former coach, then too walk past the ref, who shock my hand and said "Unlucky mate, you shouldn't have been taken off, you were one of the best players".
Your old coach told me it was for diving too hard not for tackling too hard. He reckons it's hard to tackle when you are on the floor playing in the mud with your long sleeves on and your wooly gloves.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

now now Joe Hypothermia is a serious condition!! he was down south after all..
HA'WAY THE LADS

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

At the time 1995 I was playing with Noarlunga Lions Reserves who were playing a catch-up game at night in very poor lighting conditions (I'm not sure who we were playing) and the League title was in the balance, we needed to win otherwise the Downs might win the League.
There were plenty of interested Downs players and supporters at the game.
Toward the end of the first half, the opposition team followed in after I had caught the ball and the ball was forced out of my hands and the opposition subsequently scored.
I began questioning the fairness of the goal with the referee.
The referee suggested that I should get my hand seen to, I looked down to see that the end of my little finger (right hand) was virtually hanging off.
Basically, the top of my finger had been broken and flipped open.
To me that indicated that the player had kicked my hand as I held the ball, but the goal stood.
The finger was bandaged up and I was substituted and I watched as the game ended 0-1 (I think) and the Downs won the Reserves title.
Normally that wouldn't bother me, but I give all for any team I'm playing for and then there's the issue of pride.
I drove of (one handed) to the Flinders Medical Centre where I went into theatre and a pin was inserted.
The injury still affects my guitar playing.
Southern Knights SC - 2024 - Celebrating 30 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

Farmer Joe wrote:
Your old coach told me it was for diving too hard not for tackling too hard. He reckons it's hard to tackle when you are on the floor playing in the mud with your long sleeves on and your wooly gloves.
Our old coach brought so much to the club........., 2 points off relegation and couldn't finish the year and left us too pick up the pieces this year, at one stage we had captain, v-captain and best & fairest sitting on the bench, Ingle Farm's B team have been top for a while, my left testicle could coach that side and get the results its getting. Farm are a very well drilled club, orchestrated by Paul Simpson who is a fantastic bloke and coach,
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

pc wrote:
Farmer Joe wrote:
Our old coach brought so much to the club........., 2 points off relegation and couldn't finish the year and left us too pick up the pieces this year, at one stage we had captain, v-captain and best & fairest sitting on the bench, Ingle Farm's B team have been top for a while, my left testicle could coach that side and get the results its getting. Farm are a very well drilled club, orchestrated by Paul Simpson who is a fantastic bloke and coach,
Ease up big fella what happens in the past should stay in the past no need to get all bitter and twisted about it. as far as i can see Vista have now got their cabernet together under a new coach and are doing quite well. the farm b's are a unit u are correct however a team contains more than just the 11 guys that run out on the pitch. there is alot more to winning games than just fielding the best possible side. i think maybe you should think about letting your anger out on a sunday not on the internet on thursday!!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

not angry, shite like that doesn't faze me, just stating the facts. There was no sugar in the office Toilet Seats this morning, that go me angry

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

no worries i have a few extra sachets i will give em to ya tomoro night at training should last you the week plus they are handy to keep in the Toilet Seats just in case!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

imanoutlaw wrote:Sometimes a coach makes subs for unknown reasons........ us as footballers need to learn from it and move forward, everyone gets subbed sometime!!! some for reasons unknown some know exactly what they did. dunno if that is the worst ever football momment im sure everyone has been subbed once when they beleive they shouldnt have!!
I remember twice being subbed at half time in games once the opposition coach shouted out to his players that "they've taken off their best player" and another the ref spoke to me afterwards because he felt I was still deserving of the 3 points.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

playing in a cup final at hindmarsh a few years back i went up for a header and collided with a WC player and knocked myself out. when i awoke was still on the pitch, looked at the electronic score board and the lights were moving all over the place! stayed on for a bit then coach took me off, what ive been told i gave him an absolute mouthful. went off we were up one nil, ended up losing 2-1 in extra time. was sick on the way home and had a wk off after the knock to my scone!
"barmy army, chairboys!!"