How cabernet is England?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Facts and Stats
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: How cabernet is England?

Post by Facts and Stats »

The best teams don't win tournaments, look at who is playing tonight :lol:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

I see the inferiority complex is alive and well! :D
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

I have always maintained this. “The day an English team wins either the football or cricket world cup, i will run naked on the roads“. So confident am i that this will never ever happen.

England is a crap team (both cricket and football). Except the sucky English press, who are more adept in writing about the royal family’s affairs, no one else in the world believes that the English team is worth even winning against the minnows.

Thank God, we will be spared the stupid theatrics of the English press when the Euro-2008 Kicks off.

For the first time ever a British newspaper wrote the truth. The below mentioned lines were taken from The Sun newspaper

USELESS, pathetic, insipid, spineless, desperate, rubbish and all those other words we are not allowed to print in the nation’s favourite newspaper. England are the joke of European football.

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

They resort to hiring an Italian to get the job done properly next time. Smart thinking mind you.
ACM1899 4 LIFE

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

WoLFMaN wrote:I heard they are a magnificent team.

All the best for Euro 2008.
hhahah talk about stirring the pot

Facts and Stats
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

You obv know nothing about England. The truth and this rag don't go together.

For the first time ever a British newspaper wrote the truth. The below mentioned lines were taken from The Sun newspaper

The facts are that the majority of fans prefer their club to do better than their country. As I have said before I really couldn't care if England never won a another match as along as Liverpool were doing well, I am not alone in these sentiments. Winning International tournaments may do the country good (feel good factor) but it doesn't get you any more money, this is why the CL is important, and who is dominating that at present?

All players say they want to play CL football, not I want to go the league of the World Champions......

As for the cricket, Engkand are not cabernet, they won the last home series v Australia if I remember correctly, they beat everyone they played for a few years then had a bad time over here. Warne is worried that England will win the Ashes back, hence he may come to help poor old Punter who has lost his form. As for WC cricket that is one day stuff not 5 day, didn't England win the last one day tounament they played against Aus? The record books don't lie,

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

k-man wrote:

USELESS, pathetic, insipid, spineless, desperate, rubbish and all those other words we are not allowed to print in the nation’s favourite newspaper. England are the joke of European football.
The press over in England constantly slag off our national teams. They are famous for doing so you knob jockey

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

lol @ comparing the VB series or whatever it was between Aus + Eng to the WC :D

but they're both ODI and i couldn't give a stuff about either of them tbh

so yes, england are cabernet at everything :)
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Facts and Stats
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I wasn't comparing the 2 comps just stating we beat the Aussies last time we played them, cant do more than that!
We beat them at Rugby too...in a WC...common occurrence...3 in row isn't it?

Yeah we are cabernet at everything :-)

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

e-football wrote:You obv know nothing about England. The truth and this rag don't go together.

The facts are that the majority of fans prefer their club to do better than their country. As I have said before I really couldn't care if England never won a another match as along as Liverpool were doing well, I am not alone in these sentiments. Winning International tournaments may do the country good (feel good factor) but it doesn't get you any more money, this is why the CL is important, and who is dominating that at present?

All players say they want to play CL football, not I want to go the league of the World Champions......

As for the cricket, Engkand are not cabernet, they won the last home series v Australia if I remember correctly, they beat everyone they played for a few years then had a bad time over here. Warne is worried that England will win the Ashes back, hence he may come to help poor old Punter who has lost his form. As for WC cricket that is one day stuff not 5 day, didn't England win the last one day tounament they played against Aus? The record books don't lie,
ROFLMAO@ ENGLAND :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Australia Playing Record in Test Matches
W L D TOTAL
v England total 131 - 97 88 316 :shock:

fACE IT ENGLAND ARE cabernet. :wink:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

The English press are notorious for the putting down of English sporting teams, certainly more than the aussie media would even dream of doing.

Picturing Graham Taylor as a turnip when losing to sweden and an onion when losing to spain, must have been a complment :?

As for us being rubbish at everything.

Well ranked what 11th at football, I guess we're rubbish.

Runners up in the Rugby World Cup, beating australia in the process.

I think we're currently ranked 3rd in the world at cricket.

SO rubish, rubbish and more rubbish.

I don't mind baiting but try and make it have some basics of a factual argument to it.

We don't all choose our nationality based on how we are feeling one day. BANDWAGONERS!!!

Oh and add in

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

just the fact that someone in this thread suggested he is English and doesnt care if England win anything again tells me that the English are patriotic only when its convenient.

and yes hawkesy failing to reach the finals of a European championship, something that Latvia managed to do 4 years ago is rubbish. Not sure of the exact points tally but Northern Ireland matched England's efforts in qualifying.

and for the record, I'm not cabernet stirring here.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Club > Country

international games are just about the novelty.
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

il duce wrote:just the fact that someone in this thread suggested he is English and doesnt care if England win anything again tells me that the English are patriotic only when its convenient.

and yes hawkesy failing to reach the finals of a European championship, something that Latvia managed to do 4 years ago is rubbish. Not sure of the exact points tally but Northern Ireland matched England's efforts in qualifying.

We had a rubbish qualifying, but I wouldn't say we are rubbish.

The fact that e-football couldn't care about the English side. IMO is more to do with the players at the top level not caring about the national side, so we don't care about them. Give me 11 players who would die for the shirt (club and country) over the over paid prima donnas we have prancing round at the moment.

If you offered me the chance of Millwall success or national succes, it would be atough choice but I'd probably choose Millwall. WHy? Well there's always next year for England, next year might not even exist for Millwall quite soon. I await someone pointing out that I'd never get the choice because they're both cabernet.

Oh and add in

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

Hawkesy wrote:
il duce wrote:just the fact that someone in this thread suggested he is English and doesnt care if England win anything again tells me that the English are patriotic only when its convenient.

We had a rubbish qualifying, but I wouldn't say we are rubbish.

The fact that e-football couldn't care about the English side. IMO is more to do with the players at the top level not caring about the national side, so we don't care about them. Give me 11 players who would die for the shirt (club and country) over the over paid prima donnas we have prancing round at the moment.

If you offered me the chance of Millwall success or national succes, it would be atough choice but I'd probably choose Millwall. WHy? Well there's always next year for England, next year might not even exist for Millwall quite soon. I await someone pointing out that I'd never get the choice because they're both cabernet.
you'll never have to make that choice so its irrelevant. Club and country never directly cross apart from the old days when Australia played Man U. (joke IMO)

I dont see why you cant support both club and country passionately, I do, many people do. so why would the english be any different??

Many people call the italian side primadonnas, they are from different regions of Italy who have big rivalries with each other, Milan-Inter and Roma-Lazio players side by side as well and 99% of the time people dont even consider themselves italian, they consider themsleves as Napoletano, veneto, genovese, palermitano, yet we all get behind the Azzurri.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

england have got a great team but they dont play well together. if they found the right coach they would be good..but not as good as italy :D

Facts and Stats
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Lots of reasons why I don't support England passionately, the hooligans that are associated with them, the bandwagoners who only follow the game every 2 years are a couple.

I will verbally abuse any Man Utd player when they are at Anfield, I can't suddenly love them when they play for England. I am not saying I am right or wrong in this, it's my view and that of many others.

I genuinely did not want England to win any comp with Beckham as captain, the thought of seeing him with atrophy forever more scared me. And I am not saying he wasn't a good player, but he was only made captain because Sven was weak and bowed to the press. Campbell should have captained England in Sven's first game v Spain, he didn't and the rest as they say is history.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

totsreds08 wrote:england have got a great team but they dont play well together. if they found the right coach they would be good..but not as good as italy :D
no english would ever say that so presuming that youre Italian, why not support an Italian club??

never understood why anyone "italian" would be supporting an EPL club.

e-football your points are valid. Personally I disagree that Christian Panucci (Roma) is in the Italian squad ahead of Oddo (ex-Lazio) and Maggio but when they cross the line to play I'll support them.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

tobes wrote:Club > Country

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

given club football is about $$, deals with devil, agents, buying from the weaker clubs to keep them in their place etc.

International football is by far more important!

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

MUFCBOY wrote:

agree, World cup was the pinnacle up until 86ish it was the only time you'd see all the stars, these days they're all in Europe representing clubs. Club football by far better than country.

Personally I don't reckon the Italian national side named last night would be hard pressed to finish top 4 in Italy. The English national team would be fighting relegation in the EPL.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

MUFCBOY wrote:

disagree

if australia was good, im sure youd be saying the opposite

lineker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lineker »

hold on, lets have it right, you tossers bagging england just remember if it was'nt for us you'd all be speaking german especially u eyeties your national flag should be a white cross with a white background :lol:
and we might be shite at the moment but you'll never see an englishman dive and cheat and roll around like some of you
c unts, so shiraz off.

lineker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lineker »

WoLFMaN wrote:
lineker wrote:hold on, lets have it right, you tossers bagging england just remember if it was'nt for us you'd all be speaking german especially u eyeties your national flag should be a white cross with a white background :lol:
and we might be shite at the moment but you'll never see an englishman dive and cheat and roll around like some of you
c unts, so shiraz off.
And after all that saving you english did, you had to bow down to the Americans and hand them over Frank Whittle's breakthrough in Aerodynamics which would allow the jet engine to finally break the sound barrier. Your government told him to shiraz off for the third time in his life (originally when he created the first jet engine 10 years prior to the germans)and hand over all documents to the US so they and Chuck Yager could go down in history as being the first to conquer the Sound Barrier.

You Weakkkk Fuckksss!! and you call yourself' tough!!! Thank the Americans for saving your ass and then thank them for stealing a life changing technology form your own son, The wise Frank Whittle.
alrighty thenthanks for the history lesson grenache

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Very cabernet they are, they came to a master tactician like Capello who should be coaching in Serie A at this current time for assistance in turning their squad into a powerhouse.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

I think the one thing England has hoepfully learned is putting two star club players in the midfield and saying go for it doesn't work in international football. Relying on Rio to distribute the ball rather than a world class playmaker will affect your cause. Lampard and Gerrard should never be in the same starting 11 ever again, the press proclaimed not one player from Croatia's first 11 would make the England team, how wrong they were!

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

il duce wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:england have got a great team but they dont play well together. if they found the right coach they would be good..but not as good as italy :D
no english would ever say that so presuming that youre Italian, why not support an Italian club??

never understood why anyone "italian" would be supporting an EPL club.

e-football your points are valid. Personally I disagree that Christian Panucci (Roma) is in the Italian squad ahead of Oddo (ex-Lazio) and Maggio but when they cross the line to play I'll support them.
i am italian but i dont really support 1 becuase i never get to watch the league..and i hate people that say they go for a team when they read there results and news off the internet..id love to watch the italian league and go for a team but i cant for now. but if an english team ever played an italian team..id go for the italian team as long as the team isnt liverpool. i watch the italian league when ever its on..its a thrill..and my dad goes for inter so i could go for them but id feel like a bandwagoner

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

WoLFMaN wrote:Bianchi, when is the petition for the Adelaide Grand Prix going to happen. lol

I'm with you all the way son!
It is going to happen lol, I'm still figuring out where to get more signatures. The Adelaide United forum might be a good place to get some more.

The fight will continue...We will beat the Government

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

totsreds08 wrote: i am italian but i dont really support 1 becuase i never get to watch the league..and i hate people that say they go for a team when they read there results and news off the internet..id love to watch the italian league and go for a team but i cant for now. but if an english team ever played an italian team..id go for the italian team as long as the team isnt liverpool. i watch the italian league when ever its on..its a thrill..and my dad goes for inter so i could go for them but id feel like a bandwagoner
Your father has let you down, you should sue him.

Heads up he's probably not a real Inter fan anyway probably just a bandwagoner from the 60's :P
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

lol yeah probs but he seems passionate..i mean seeing inter win the title made me smile but if i all of a sudden said forza inter everyone would give me cabernet lol ibrahimovic is a machine though and so is zanetti..zanetti impressed me in the ucl..if they gave more inter coverage i might like them more..there was one stage i really liked them but that was a while ago..when they stopped showing inter on epsn..i sort of lost it for them