The Game of Their Lives

Forum for the discussion of football movies and related topics.

Moderators: adam, Forum Admins

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

The Game of Their Lives

Post by Jeda »

8)
The Game of Their Lives http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0354595/

The match against England in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, on June 19, 1950 was "the game of their lives". more
Plot:Based on a true story, this film tells the tale of the 1950 US soccer team who, against all odds, beat England 1 - 0 in the city of Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Although no US team has ever won a World Cup title, this story is about the family traditions and passions which shaped the lives of the players who made up this team of underdogs.
I liked it :)
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: The Game of Their Lives

Post by johnydep »

SBS had a special on this a week or two ago. I think it was an aniversary, had some of the original players being interviewed.

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: The Game of Their Lives

Post by mattieg1200 »

yer this is a good film.. i recommend it
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

Yangkee286
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

A Boy with a Mission

Post by Yangkee286 »

bump the thread up.

In 1945, a 12-year-old boy saw something in a shop window that set his heart racing. But the price—five dollars—was far beyond Reuben Earle's means. Five dollars would buy almost a week's groceries for his family.

Reuben couldn't ask his father for the money. Everything Mark Earle made through fishing in Bay Roberts, Newfoundland, Canada. Reuben's mother, Dora, stretched like elastic to feed and clothe their five children.

Nevertheless, he opened the shop's weathered door and went inside. Standing proud and straight in his flour-sack shirt and washed-out trousers, he told the shopkeeper what he wanted, adding, “But I don't have the money right now. Can you please hold it for me for some time?”

“I'll try," the shopkeeper smiled. “Folks around here don't usually have that kind of money to spend on things. It should keep for a while.”

Come and buy WoW Gold, Cheap WoW Gold wow Accounts here, Cheap WoW Gold,Cheap WoW Gold, our WoW Gold web .