Shaun Wright-Phillips joins Man City

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

bradley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Shaun Wright-Phillips joins Man City

Post by bradley »

4 year contract for about 10 million pounds.

Good signing for them..

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Shaun Wright-Phillips joins Man City

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Heard he didn't want to leave Chelsea?

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

E. Grant & Co wrote:Heard he didn't want to leave Chelsea?
WRIGHT-PHILLIPS RETURNS TO CITY

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, on a four-year contract, for an undisclosed fee.

Three years after leaving Manchester City in a £21m deal, Shaun Wright-Phillips is back at the club for about £9m on a four-year deal. He says: "Obviously I'm delighted to come back to City and I just can't wait to started again." Manager Mark Hughes has described it as a "fantastic coup" for the club. We call it a very nice piece of business indeed for City
prior to reading that i also read he didn't want to leave, but i guess he has

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

he was doing nothing and goin nowhere at chelski anyway

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

smart move for him, going back to the club where he had good success

bradley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by bradley »

Apparently the comments made about not wanting to join Man City or Everton were made by (here this) his former agent who actually sued SWP a few years ago.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

He didn want to leave Chelsea cos he knows they are going to dominatethis season.
Scolari is a master mind....

Wright Phillips - out
Robinho - in

WHAT A TRADE!

Robinho and Joe Cole either side of midfield! So much pace!
Looks even better for Chelsea now
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

hgd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hgd »

I have heard the same thing. I think from memory, wright phillips has even been quoted on the chelsea website as saying he didn't want to leave. And even scolari said that he liked him as a player, and he was very well liked as a person at the club.
Interesting though, that's two transfers out of players going back whence they came... That can't be at all common in football.
Good luck to him. I hope he regains his england spot too.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

hgd wrote:I have heard the same thing. I think from memory, wright phillips has
even been quoted on the chelsea website as saying he didn't want to
leave. And even scolari said that he liked him as a player, and he was
very well liked as a person at the club.
Interesting though, that's two transfers out of players going back whence they came... That can't be at all common in football.
well thats wat chelsea do, waste ppls careers... and no offence to them, but every1 sed that t was crap when they signed shev and swp(not 2 mention othas) cause it will b a waste and they wont fit into the team
2 yrs lata we see shev and swp move bak 2 where they came from

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

MUFCBOY wrote:
hgd wrote:I have heard the same thing. I think from memory, wright phillips has
even been quoted on the chelsea website as saying he didn't want to
leave. And even scolari said that he liked him as a player, and he was
very well liked as a person at the club.
well thats wat chelsea do, waste ppls careers... and no offence to them, but every1 sed that t was crap when they signed shev and swp(not 2 mention othas) cause it will b a waste and they wont fit into the team
i totally agree with you.
hopefully shev and swp bounce back at their former clubs, and get back to their high standards before their struggle @ chelsea.
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

hgd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hgd »

MUFCBOY wrote:well thats wat chelsea do, waste ppls careers... and no offence to them, but every1 sed that t was crap when they signed shev and swp(not 2 mention othas) cause it will b a waste and they wont fit into the team
Every club does it mate. And its not called wasting people's careers, its just a signing, that hasn't worked out as well as both parties would have hoped. Retrospect is a wonderful thing. Anyway, its not just chelsea. Man U did it yesterday too....

From premierleague.com

Dong on his way
Manchester United have released Dong Fangzhuo after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

The Chinese striker, 23, joined United from Dalian Shide for £500,000 in 2004 and went on loan at Royal Antwerp for two years, scoring 35 goals in 61 matches, as he awaited a work permit to play in England.

When Dong got clearance, he made his United debut against Chelsea in May 2007 and became the first Chinese player to feature for the Red Devils.

However, Dong made only two appearances last season as United clinched the Barclays Premier League title.

A statement on United's website confirmed: "Dong Fangzhuo's United contract has been cancelled by mutual consent."