lol shiraz chelski

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

lol shiraz chelski

Post by delfino_1936 »

Chelsea's Essien ruled out for 'several months'

Chelsea look set to be without Michael Essien for the rest of the year after it was confirmed the midfielder would need surgery on a knee injury.

The 25-year-old suffered the problem while on international duty and was stretched off in the game between Ghana and Libya on Friday night.

He had missed the start of Chelsea's Premier League season because of injury and had only recovered last week.

A club statement read: "Michael has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and will undergo an operation as soon as the majority of the swelling has subsided. We expect this to happen in a week's time.

"In the meantime, Michael has started rehab in the aqua therapy centre at Cobham which will improve the condition of the knee prior to surgery. A return to full fitness is not expected for several months."

Essien's agent Fabian Piveteau has confirmed that it's a serious problem for the former Lyon man.

Piveteau said: "Unfortunately it's not good news. I am afraid it's a big problem. A big problem.

"He's taken a bad blow to the knee. I don't know exact details but I think it's not good. I don't know what will happen. It's now two or three times that he has taken blows to his knee."

Essien has become a key figure for Chelsea since signing from Lyon for £24 million three years ago and the loss of the combative Ghanaian for such a long period is a major blow to the Blues, who have no like-for-like replacement available and will not be able to buy any fresh faces before the transfer window re-opens in January.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's men - who opened the new campaign with two wins and a draw - are in Premier League action away to Manchester City on Saturday before then embarking on their European campaign at home to Bordeaux and a clash with champions Manchester United on September 21.
for me, their main man
feel bad for him as a player but feel good as an Arsenal follower and a chelski hater :D
Last edited by delfino_1936 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: lol poor chelski

Post by Le King »

yeh unlucky, love watchin essien, 1 of my favs for chelsea
a huge blow, hes in there top 4

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

MUFCBOY wrote:yeh unlucky, love watchin essien, 1 of my favs for chelsea
Man, massive loss to the structure of the team! Top player!
Should be able to cover him though.
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

sweeps wrote:
Big loss for Chelski :D
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

haywood djablowme wrote:
sweeps wrote:
Big loss for Chelski :D
Still win the EPL!!! Chelsea has plenty of depth, so we'll be sweet.
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

i call this injury 'KARMA'
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Bali Cowman wrote:i call this injury 'KARMA'
i call you an 'IDIOT'

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

sweeps wrote:
Bali Cowman wrote:i call this injury 'KARMA'
i call you an 'IDIOT'
"Inzaghi is simply a grenache with ears," - Reggina

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

this is a HUGE loss... a much bigger one than many people will think....

very lucky there's so much depth...

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

adriano10 wrote:this is a HUGE loss... a much bigger one than many people will think....

Exactly! Least someone knows what he is talking about!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

essien is a class act and is one player chelski fans would not want to see injured if they had to pick one.

Unlucky, hope the string of injuries continue at Chelski

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

delfino_1936 wrote:essien is a class act and is one player chelski fans would not want to see injured if they had to pick one.

harsh!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

sweeps wrote:
delfino_1936 wrote:essien is a class act and is one player chelski fans would not want to see injured if they had to pick one.

harsh!
but deserved :P

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

delfino_1936 wrote:
sweeps wrote:

harsh!
but deserved :P
why? i don't like seeing anyone getting injured, even for rival teams.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

dont care ..
regardless what happen, we will still win the title !!

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

ronaldo07 wrote:dont care ..
regardless what happen, we will still win the title !!
no you won't. Chelsea has closed the gap from last season between the 2!
NO RONALDO, NO MAN U!

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

no ronaldo - we still got 4 points out of 2 games ..

we do much better than last year this time with ronaldo playing !! so what r u trying to say ??

oh we got berbatov now !!

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

ronaldo07 wrote:no ronaldo - we still got 4 points out of 2 games ..

we do much better than last year this time with ronaldo playing !! so what r u trying to say ??

oh we got berbatov now !!
I know!
But Chelsea is stronger, and has more depth than Man U!

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

chelski has more depth than manutd last year also ..
in fact they hav more depth than any club in the world after abrov came ... too bad, they end up with nothing last season !!

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

ronaldo07 wrote:chelski has more depth than manutd last year also ..
in fact they hav more depth than any club in the world after abrov came ... too bad, they end up with nothing last season !!
True, but last year they had alot of off-field dramas, coaches, etc and that disabled the team's performance.
This year, everything on and off-field is running perfectly, so this season we will bring home silverware!

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

sweeps wrote:
True, but last year they had alot of off-field dramas, coaches, etc and that disabled the team's performance.
This year, everything on and off-field is running perfectly, so this season we will bring home silverware!
isn't it the talk at the moment that they are having a drama with scolari because he is pissed off that they didnt pay the extra 3 mill to get robinho

but any way you guys had depth last year we still won we had a worse start last year we still won so really right now no one can really say anything its to hard to predict this early look what a couple of arsenal supporters on here looked like last year when they celebrated and predicted triumph prematurely

and come on except for the first game you cant tell me chelsea have looked good
I speak nothing but the truth

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Who do they have to replace Essien?? He is a one-in-a-kind player, one of the top 5 midfielders in the world. Obi Mikel is a very poor man's replacement. This will significantly hurt Chelsea.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

The one and only wrote:
sweeps wrote:
isn't it the talk at the moment that they are having a drama with scolari because he is pissed off that they didnt pay the extra 3 mill to get robinho

but any way you guys had depth last year we still won we had a worse start last year we still won so really right now no one can really say anything its to hard to predict this early look what a couple of arsenal supporters on here looked like last year when they celebrated and predicted triumph prematurely

and come on except for the first game you cant tell me chelsea have looked good
That isnt why we didnt get him. Real Madrid only accepted the Man City offer because they didnt want to sell him to a CL rival. even if we paid a few million more tehy would have only accepted the City offer.
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

oh yeah im not saying it was a fact it was probably a rumour that was just started like thousands of other romours that get started
I speak nothing but the truth

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

what's so great about essien? he's just another DMC that has a decent shot on him. for all the dirty tackles he's put in and been UNPUNISHED for, it's about time he got injured.
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Kitchimo wrote:Who do they have to replace Essien?? He is a one-in-a-kind player, one of the top 5 midfielders in the world. Obi Mikel is a very poor man's replacement. This will significantly hurt Chelsea.
I agree Kitchimo, Essien is in the top 5 midfielders in the world.
But as I have stated, Chelsea has depth. Just need to reshuffle the midfield.
If Chelsea play 4-5-1. They can play Ballack in the holding role, then Lampard and Deco make up the triangle in the middle of midfield.
If Chelsea play 4-4-2. They play Ballack in the holding role, Deco in the AM (creative role) and Lampard out wide and switches with Deco frequently.

And the end of the day, Chelsea will be affected by the loss of Essien. But over the last couple of years, Chelsea have built a team of 16, not just 11!

While Ballack is injured, Scolari will either play Juliano Belletti or John Mikel Obi for the time being!

Chelsea fans have nothing to worry about!

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Bali Cowman wrote:what's so great about essien? he's just another DMC that has a decent shot on him. for all the dirty tackles he's put in and been UNPUNISHED for, it's about time he got injured.
i agree ..
the only thing i like about essien is his never tired attitude and will do whatever thing to get back the ball .. just as my attitude at any sort of sport !!

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

id rather a player like cole or mikel out for 7 months.... shiraz twats the both of em

chelsea91
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chelsea91 »

We'll be fine.. Plenty of depth, so no worries to replace him, big loss but now someone else has to step up.. Last season with multiple injuries including big names like Lampard and Ballack it didnt effect the winning ways..

adriano10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by adriano10 »

sweeps wrote:
adriano10 wrote:this is a HUGE loss... a much bigger one than many people will think....

Exactly! Least someone knows what he is talking about!
:wink: thanks mate... dont worry, we'll get through....last year we had to deal with this 4-fold, without Cech, Drogba, Terry and Lampard!

As for you Delfino, you're proving how strong this side really is when your only comment is 'i hope the injuries continue for the blues,' because if they don't Assnal are in trouble???