Under 17's Leading Goal Scorer?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Under 17's Leading Goal Scorer?

Post by strikerzebra »

I wonder who is the Under 17's leading goal scorer for the year so far?
Last edited by strikerzebra on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stargazer
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Under 17's Leading Goal Scorer?

Post by stargazer »

strikerzebra wrote:I think its that Jordan Lesiuk guy from Adelaide City.. hes a great player think hes scored 14 goals or so, just I hate that Athanasios Mantopooulous guy from Adelaide City. . I think hes gay? well thats what he told me anyway.
Stick to scoring goals son!

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

Whats the point of the referee recording the goals if theres no golden boot away anyway?

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Is this what happens when cousins marry :?:

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

yeh greeks marry there cousins.. but I'm not related to the guy.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

There is a couple of lads down at Noarlunga K.Maclean and S.Reed that have scored a few goals for the season. Maclean has 16 for the season and Reed has 15.

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

The One wrote:There is a couple of lads down at Noarlunga K.Maclean and S.Reed that have scored a few goals for the season. Maclean has 16 for the season and Reed has 15.
Thats under 17 b's? goals are alot more easier to come by in the lower divisions though. ..

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

fair point. Im not disrespecting the Div "A" teams but i have seen a couple of games in the cup between div "A" and div"B" teams and there hasnt been much difference, birks only lost to city 2-0, playford thrashed blue eagles 7-0 and noarlunga only lost 2-1 to campbelltown. i also hear that the noarlunga 17's beat panthers 17's 3-1. So some of the results show that the difference is not that great between the 2 divisions. But thats only my opinion and weather it is a valid 1 or not you decide.

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

dont think there is a massive gap, playford have been very impressive and they would be right up there if they were in the 'a' division, birks and city was a tight close game, and with white city beating para hills in the cup, the gap isnt that big at all.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

[quote="BillShankly"]dont think there is a massive gap, playford have been very impressive and they would be right up there if they were in the 'a' division, birks and city was a tight close game, and with white city beating para hills in the cup, the gap isnt that big at all.[/quote]

I'm sure there were some "interesting" factors that shaped the results of some of those games you mention. Why didn't White City turn up for their Cup game on Sunday!!?? I've seen Adelaide City play this year and Birkalla and in my opinion there IS a massive difference in the quality of the two teams. Funny things happen in cup rounds don"t they!!!!

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

White city players are all cup tied becasue of injury in 19s and 23s at the time so all players had to move up. WC 17s could probly beat any 17s A team. They did beat para hills in cup

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

[quote="cevape"]White city players are all cup tied becasue of injury in 19s and 23s at the time so all players had to move up. WC 17s could probly beat any 17s A team. They did beat para hills in cup[/quote]

Not without help from the 19's they couldn't!

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

sc1 wrote:
BillShankly wrote:dont think there is a massive gap, playford have been very impressive and they would be right up there if they were in the 'a' division, birks and city was a tight close game, and with white city beating para hills in the cup, the gap isnt that big at all.
I'm sure there were some "interesting" factors that shaped the results of some of those games you mention. Why didn't White City turn up for their Cup game on Sunday!!?? I've seen Adelaide City play this year and Birkalla and in my opinion there IS a massive difference in the quality of the two teams. Funny things happen in cup rounds don"t they!!!!
Adelaide city dominated the game vs birkala just couldn't finish on the day, not to mention the wet pitch with just about gale force winds on the day.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vale »

The One wrote:fair point. Im not disrespecting the Div "A" teams but i have seen a couple of games in the cup between div "A" and div"B" teams and there hasnt been much difference, birks only lost to city 2-0, playford thrashed blue eagles 7-0 and noarlunga only lost 2-1 to campbelltown. i also hear that the noarlunga 17's beat panthers 17's 3-1. So some of the results show that the difference is not that great between the 2 divisions. But thats only my opinion and weather it is a valid 1 or not you decide.
Campbelltown played the worst game I have seen this year against Noarlunga and still should have scored at least 2 more goals. Noarlunga's only scoring opportunity was from a penalty which confused both teams as to why it was given. In my opinion the top A sides might tend to switch off slightly mentally when playing B teams and B teams tend to lift when playing A sides. I think there is a big difference between the top A sides and the top B sides especially in strength and skill level. But that only my opinion.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vale »

BillShankly wrote:dont think there is a massive gap, playford have been very impressive and they would be right up there if they were in the 'a' division, birks and city was a tight close game, and with white city beating para hills in the cup, the gap isnt that big at all.

Playford U17B would be the only team that should probably be in the A division this year, but unfortunately their U15A of last year sealed their fate by finishing LAST thus relegating them to the B div this year.

As far as White City U17C team goes, I still can not believe they could not gather 11 eligable players to turn up and have a kick in a quarter final cup game. There must be at least 20 other U17 teams who would have jumped at the chance to play this game.

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

White city 17s always have players dropped from 19s because they do not have enough players. Most of the time the 15s are pushed up to play. It happens in every club.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vale »

cevape wrote:White city 17s always have players dropped from 19s because they do not have enough players. Most of the time the 15s are pushed up to play. It happens in every club.

I know of one U17 team that has more than enough players, but will always drop 19s when they come across top 5 sides.
Played them this year at --- Park and could not believe what I saw. There were 6 regular U17 players sitting on the bench making way for the u19 players. I wonder what message that sends to those kids sitting on the bench.
U19 players that have their name on the team sheet in a cup game are automatically cup tied and it would be a shame to see a team lose a game for playing cup tied players.

gulf
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gulf »

strikerzebra wrote:Whats the point of the referee recording the goals if theres no golden boot away anyway?
to confirm the result written at the bottom of the team sheet

giggs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by giggs »

strikerzebra i think you need to grow up buddy. you sound extremely big headed. for starters it doesnt matter whether your in the a league or the b league if you have scored a decent amount of goals you are doing well, goals dont come easier in the b league. and i have watched your 17's play 4 times this year and you's are nothing special, yous cant put 2 passes together. so grow up buddy and get your head outta ya a#!e

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

giggs wrote:strikerzebra i think you need to grow up buddy. you sound extremely big headed. for starters it doesnt matter whether your in the a league or the b league if you have scored a decent amount of goals you are doing well, goals dont come easier in the b league. and i have watched your 17's play 4 times this year and you's are nothing special, yous cant put 2 passes together. so grow up buddy and get your head outta ya a#!e
sure man, when we play a good game we are the best team in the league. . and when we play cabernet we are one of the worst. Just look at the ladder at the end of the season, city will be no 1.

giggs
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by giggs »

GROW UP!!! if you win the league then you can say you are the best in the league but until then dont make an idiot out of yourself. and if you do win no one like's a cocky winner

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

strikerzebra = jordan lesuik?

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

RandomRanger wrote:strikerzebra = jordan lesuik?
RandomRanger = michael jackson?

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

scorer

Post by the juggler »

:P Hey strikerzebra...how did you go today against Para Hills...learn to use your brain mate...not your mouth!!!

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: scorer

Post by strikerzebra »

sc1 wrote::P Hey strikerzebra...how did you go today against Para Hills...learn to use your brain mate...not your mouth!!!
we lost? I give credit to para hills they played a good game

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

17's

Post by the juggler »

Dignified answer. Very sporting. What sort of game was it..end to end no doubt?

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 17's

Post by strikerzebra »

sc1 wrote:Dignified answer. Very sporting. What sort of game was it..end to end no doubt?
I scored the 1st goal putting us up 1-0, they got the next 3 goals due to poor defensive decisions on our behalf then we got a penalty and the game was 3-2 with about 5 minutes to go.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

17's

Post by the juggler »

Thanks mate..good luck rest of season

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: 17's

Post by Vale »

strikerzebra wrote:
sc1 wrote:Dignified answer. Very sporting. What sort of game was it..end to end no doubt?
I scored the 1st goal putting us up 1-0, they got the next 3 goals due to poor defensive decisions on our behalf then we got a penalty and the game was 3-2 with about 5 minutes to go.
I was at the game and para hills played well and deserved to win.Unfortunately Adelaide City and Para Hills had one of their players sent off and both will miss the next game.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Striker Zebra wins the good sportsman award for the week.

I have waited a long time to see someone admit the other team played well and deserved their win.

Congratulations on learning a very important lesson in life, it is not whether you win or lose but how you play the game.

Long live good sportsmanship