Under 17's league title

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Under 17's league title

Post by the juggler »

Now that round 11 is out of the way, and with some juicy games coming up in the next 2-3 weeks, anybody care to tip the winner? When Adelaide City hit a patch of poor form there are 3 or 4 teams waiting to pounce. I just hope that coaches are honest with their squads and don't continue to stack their teams just to help try and win important games. If they do, they should be ashamed and be dismissed from their duties which primarily is to develop their players, not have them getting splinters on the bench. Sad thing is, the 19's and 23's that come down and help probably are not that bothered who wins the league. They should, after all, be more focussed on their 'senior ' careers as it was the choice they made at the start of the season. If i was a parent of a kid who made way for these players, i'd be switching clubs quick smart next year. Clubs...you ought to be ashamed!!! Good luck Adelaide City and Metro. You can't buy league titles.

gulf
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Under 17's league title

Post by gulf »

sc1 wrote:Now that round 11 is out of the way, and with some juicy games coming up in the next 2-3 weeks, anybody care to tip the winner? When Adelaide City hit a patch of poor form there are 3 or 4 teams waiting to pounce. I just hope that coaches are honest with their squads and don't continue to stack their teams just to help try and win important games. If they do, they should be ashamed and be dismissed from their duties which primarily is to develop their players, not have them getting splinters on the bench. Sad thing is, the 19's and 23's that come down and help probably are not that bothered who wins the league. They should, after all, be more focussed on their 'senior ' careers as it was the choice they made at the start of the season. If i was a parent of a kid who made way for these players, i'd be switching clubs quick smart next year. Clubs...you ought to be ashamed!!! Good luck Adelaide City and Metro. You can't buy league titles.
i think you will find nearly all clubs do a similar thing. why cant you for example drop down 19/23's to 17's to help avoid possible relegation, it only makes sense.

I agree that clubs shouldnt encourage players dropping down to win leagues and cups though.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the juggler »

[quote="Thierry Henry"][quote="sc1"]Now that round 11 is out of the way, and with some juicy games coming up in the next 2-3 weeks, anybody care to tip the winner? When Adelaide City hit a patch of poor form there are 3 or 4 teams waiting to pounce. I just hope that coaches are honest with their squads and don't continue to stack their teams just to help try and win important games. If they do, they should be ashamed and be dismissed from their duties which primarily is to develop their players, not have them getting splinters on the bench. Sad thing is, the 19's and 23's that come down and help probably are not that bothered who wins the league. They should, after all, be more focussed on their 'senior ' careers as it was the choice they made at the start of the season. If i was a parent of a kid who made way for these players, i'd be switching clubs quick smart next year. Clubs...you ought to be ashamed!!! Good luck Adelaide City and Metro. You can't buy league titles.[/quote]
i think you will find nearly all clubs do a similar thing. why cant you for example drop down 19/23's to 17's to help avoid possible relegation, it only makes sense.

I agree that clubs shouldnt encourage players dropping down to win leagues and cups though.[/quote]

Bit of a contradiction that. Is there relegation from the 17's comp? What's wrong with relegation? Playford 17's are having the time of their lives in the B league after being relegated last year. Top of the league and cup semi-finalists. Good for character and something you deal with in Senior comps.

gulf
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gulf »

i meant as an example. im sure clubs would drop 17's to 15's to avoid relegation.

as for playford? thrashing teams weekin week out, wheres the competition in that?

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Last edited by delfino_1936 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wild Eagle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Wild Eagle »

Abe08, did you get many U19s yesterday?

I hear your coach recruited 2 new players over the break; I am sure he would be disappointed in his players posting inaccurate facts all over the web.

Very disappointed.

stargazer
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by stargazer »

ABE08 wrote:Thierry Henry what happens is the u/15 a teams that get relegated go down for the 17s league, so therefore the bottom 2 at the moment comets and modbury dont effect next years entries. Do you understand what i mean??

Also with the dropping down of 19s/23s to 17s i have noticed though metro have lost a lot of players and they need to bring down players from 19s otherwise they dont have enough. Same goes with our 17s as well at Blue Eagles.

Metro 16 members under 19 squad are an academy type of set up consisting of 14 to 16 years old players and whilst they are in that set up they dont move either up or down that's why our under 23s have barely enough players to put on the park and some of those lads go on the bench for the first team even though they played a full game.
When the seventeens are short of players the 14's A's step up.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

metro u/17's

Post by the juggler »

When Metro 17's don't have enough players, they bring down their 19's. No denying that FACT.

jsea
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jsea »

metro 17s now have a squad of 9 players, this is due to a couple of players leaving, and the rest moving up to the 19s to develop their game. in a case like this what else is there to do but bring players in from other age groups to make numbers. the players are often from the 15s and when 19s are dropped they are players from the 17s team who have moved up to work on their game at a higher level. i know for a fact most of the teams in the 17a division do this, western strikers have players constantly movining up and down from 19s to 17s to make numbers in both teams. and other teams will drop players if a tough game arises. its just a fact of the game, theres no avoiding teams dropping players.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

dropping players

Post by the juggler »

Granted, but it doesn't make it right. Only the most talented (of which there are few) players should be pushed up to 19's and that's where they should stay if it's for the sake of development. Don't get this problem in other age groups as much. Football is the loser.

jsea
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jsea »

yeah, everyone will have opinions and agree and disagree with others. there is no point arguing about it either. nothings going to change.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vale »

sc1 wrote:Now that round 11 is out of the way, and with some juicy games coming up in the next 2-3 weeks, anybody care to tip the winner? When Adelaide City hit a patch of poor form there are 3 or 4 teams waiting to pounce. I just hope that coaches are honest with their squads and don't continue to stack their teams just to help try and win important games. If they do, they should be ashamed and be dismissed from their duties which primarily is to develop their players, not have them getting splinters on the bench. Sad thing is, the 19's and 23's that come down and help probably are not that bothered who wins the league. They should, after all, be more focussed on their 'senior ' careers as it was the choice they made at the start of the season. If i was a parent of a kid who made way for these players, i'd be switching clubs quick smart next year. Clubs...you ought to be ashamed!!! Good luck Adelaide City and Metro. You can't buy league titles.
sc1 correct me if i am wrong, but you seem to be part of Adelaide City.
If this is the case, then I can assume by your post that you wont be with Adelaide City next season.
They are the biggest culprits when It comes to stacking their team against stronger opposition.
If you were at the Adelaide City / Campbelltown game earlier this year you would agree with me 100%.
We believe in our players abilityand feel no need to bring down players regardless of who we are playing on the day. In fact because of injuries we have played a few games this year with only1 player on the bench.
I can not agree with you more about clubs stacking teams, but if you are part of Adelaide City U17 (not sure if you are) then I suggest you look at your own club before you complain about others.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stacking teams

Post by the juggler »

Not with the team you mentioned. Couldnt agree with you more. It's a bloody disgrace and needs to STOP. Obviously those team coaches lacked something in their own careers. It's nothing more than CHEATING. Yes, read these words and have a good look in the mirror. What comes around, goes around.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vale »

ABE08 wrote:Thierry Henry what happens is the u/15 a teams that get relegated go down for the 17s league, so therefore the bottom 2 at the moment comets and modbury dont effect next years entries. Do you understand what i mean??

Also with the dropping down of 19s/23s to 17s i have noticed though metro have lost a lot of players and they need to bring down players from 19s otherwise they dont have enough. Same goes with our 17s as well at Blue Eagles.
ABE08 You obviously didnt know that your coach is on this forum.
I think you might have some explaining to do at training. Didnt see any U 19s playing for you on Sunday so dont know what your on about.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Stacking teams

Post by Vale »

sc1 wrote:Not with the team you mentioned. Couldnt agree with you more. It's a bloody disgrace and needs to STOP. Obviously those team coaches lacked something in their own careers. It's nothing more than CHEATING. Yes, read these words and have a good look in the mirror. What comes around, goes around.
Its not CHEATING if the players are of the correct age, but the message it sends to those kids that have to make way for these U19 players is their coach/club have little faith in their ability against stronger teams.
I'm not sure if I understand your last quote correctly (have a good look in the mirror, what comes around, goes around) but if your implying that we stack our team as do Adelaide City, you obviously know nothing about our team.
Wheather we win together or lose together we know that it was played with the squad that was chosen late last year at trials.
How many teams can HONESTLY make this statement ? WE CAN !!

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

stacking teams

Post by the juggler »

Vale, vale, vale...dont be so sensitive towards your team. I am not having a go at your club/coach/players. I'm with you buddy. What goes around etc etc is aimed at Metro and Adelaide City and Co. They know who they are.
Do your u/17s play on the main pitch?

stargazer
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: metro u/17's

Post by stargazer »

sc1 wrote:When Metro 17's don't have enough players, they bring down their 19's. No denying that FACT.
Wrong,
the 16 members under 19 squad only plays under 19.
If you regard our better 15 years old training with the 19s coaching staff as under 19s then you are right but those kids play only for under 14s to 17s.
Now, that's a FACT!

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: metro u/17's

Post by Vale »

stargazer wrote:
sc1 wrote:When Metro 17's don't have enough players, they bring down their 19's. No denying that FACT.
Wrong,
the 16 members under 19 squad only plays under 19.
If you regard our better 15 years old training with the 19s coaching staff as under 19s then you are right but those kids play only for under 14s to 17s.
Now, that's a FACT!
Metro have the problem of losing a few players during the season for various reasons from th U17 team, but you do bring down players from the U19 on a regular basis as well as occasionally bringing some up from the 15 but not often.
Will not start naming names but I know the players which come down.
I wouldn't put Metro in the same catagory as Adelaide City because your situation is different . You actually don't have enough players in the U17 to field a team some weeks.
This is not a fact its reality.

CLUB
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by CLUB »

If all the players are age to play in the under 17 team. what dose it matter??
all the post have said that Adelaide City and other club are dropping under 19 players. but all the playes must be under the age of 17. so that is not ture as player are free to move from team to team. Don't forget people you are all player for a club not yourself. So if you are under 17 years old you can play for the 17,19,23 or 1st team. same player and club just use this as a excuse when they lose games.
Because you are picked for the under 19 team at 16 years old. It should not mean that you have to stay there!!

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

stacking players

Post by the juggler »

EVERYBODY is missing or avoiding the point. If you are younger, but good enough to play up, then that's one thing. Bringing these players down for so called "big games" is the issue as regulars miss out. Like I said..clubs ought to be ashamed. :cry:

CLUB
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by CLUB »

I think that you are missing the point. WHAT IS A BIG GAME in a under 17 comp. clubs are there to play the game with play they have.
for a player that has been playing under 17 all year it is wrong for him to miss out just to bring down a player. but most of the time, player go down because of a numbers. and if you play for the 19 and have to help the 17 team, you have right to start the game.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

stacking teams

Post by the juggler »

What the!! Club...read the forum properly, inwardly digest what you read and come up with some logic. PS...your grammar is appalling!! :shock: :idea:

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

I play for under 17's A's Adelaide City and we never bring down players because we have an important game coming up! We have only bought under 19's down for about 3 of our games and thats because we needed players as we did not have a full bench

Stav_14
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stav_14 »

on the topic of dropping players or bringing them up to a different team i think there is no problem with that. They are still the same age so theyre not cheating. Im sure every team does it time to time incase of injuries or even important matches. I see every reason to drop players and its fair so why not do it?

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

this topic has gone off the boil , who cares who drops down or who goes up , at the end of the day its between adel.city , campbelltown and strikers to win the title and the most consitent team will win. iuries and suspensions will play a part and coaching will be tested as this is a very hard league in 17a .

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

17's title

Post by the juggler »

:( Couldn.t agree more Corona...gone right off the boil because people keep dodging the issue. Do you think any other teams have a chance to win the league? Metro? Para Hills? Don't forget league table on FFSA website is wrong. Para 4 pts behind leaders..Metro 5 pts behind. If these teams beat top teams in 2nd round anything could happen! watch this space. :wink:

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Could be any one of the top 5, they seem to have broken away from the bottom half !
Next 3 weeks should narrow it down even more !
Para Hills look like the danger team to me and Strikers look like they have a few tricks up their sleeve, amazing what happened at Panthers in 2 weeks :wink:

jsea
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jsea »

the ffsa have confirmed that their u17a tables are correct. are you sure that they are incorrect? because they seem right to me.. whats ment to have been changed?

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

tables

Post by the juggler »

:?: For example with the 17's tables...Both Modbury and Para have reults for 10 games listed but only 9 on the league table. They are NOT up to date. Hopefully the FFSA will award the title correctly!!