The Least Most Mentioned Junior Age Group

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Huddo #3
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Least Most Mentioned Junior Age Group

Post by Huddo #3 »

its seems to be the under 16's.
there is never anything about the 16's in this forum.
and they're league is quite high quality, except a few teams.
i just dont understand why there is never anything about they're league.
the 16's mid-table is very very close between 5-6 clubs, and even though top placed modbury have not dropped a point so far, they still seem to pull out some unexpected results week in and week out.
i.e. modbury reciently played comets, who are sitting bottom, only to hold modbury to a 2-1 win.
they also have the SASI Girls in the age group, who still manage to give the boys a real good run.
i just thought the under 16's would have more talk about it than what it displayed in the forum.

please... lets change this yeah?

Mrs Roma
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mrs Roma »

Yes i agree with you huddo#3, because i have watched a few under 16 teams play and they are all pretty good.

one nil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by one nil »

Im sure the kids try their best and there are some close games, but........... the standard is poor, very poor! Unnfortunately if you are a good player who is 15 yrs old then you should be pushing under 19s! Its a shame that this is so but unfortunately its a fact!

Huddo #3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Huddo #3 »

yes that may be the fact, but my initial point was that there is never any topic about the 16's in this forum. i just think it would be good to see a bit more enthusiasm in their league, thats all.
and i can tell you the standard is not poor at all, you may have been mistaken by watching a few lower ranked teams...

oh, and thanks Mrs Roma! :)

El Pocho Lavezzi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by El Pocho Lavezzi »

In the know wrote:Im sure the kids try their best and there are some close games, but........... the standard is poor, very poor! Unnfortunately if you are a good player who is 15 yrs old then you should be pushing under 19s! Its a shame that this is so but unfortunately its a fact!
must agree with this comment...

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Never agreed with 16s :(

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

more kids playing the better... not every kid is gonna make it to the 1st team... but while they think they can, or while they still want to play then we should be encouraging them to play...

also sometimes it is the star junior that drops out and it is the so called lesser players that become club stalwarts... i am sure that not every 1st team player was a champion junior who played 19s when he was 15.

Vagrant
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vagrant »

Agree totally Thunders. Everyone is harping about development and quality of the game - this level keeps kids (and families) involved. They may not be the absolute stars of tomorrow, but they may be quality team players, administrators and coaches.

Huddo #3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Huddo #3 »

hey thanks for backing me up guys! :)