Barcelona vs Man United................Congratts Barcelona

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Barcelona vs Man United................Congratts Barcelona

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

Barcelona face Reds in Rome

An incredible injury-time equaliser for 10-man Barcelona booked the Catalan giants a Champions League Final date with United in Rome on May 27.

Barça trailed Chelsea for almost the entire match by virtue of Michael Essien's stunning opener at Stamford Bridge, but Andres Iniesta hammered home from the edge of the area in the 93rd minute - with the visitors' first strike on target - to swing the tie towards the La Liga leaders.

Eric Abidal was sent off midway through the second period and Daniel Alves also picked up a third booking of the competition, meaning that they will both miss out on facing United in the Stadio Olimpico.

Chelsea's frustrations boiled over at full-time, with the last-gasp nature of the defeat particularly tough to take, especially when allied to a string of strong penalty claims being waved away - including one for handball in the 96th minute.

It had seemed for so long that, for the first time ever, the same two teams would contest the Champions League Final in successive seasons, but instead it is Barça who will take on the holders in Rome in a repeat of last season's epic semi-final.

man united 5

barcelona 0

yah guessed it, a all man united slaughter for this......
Last edited by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC on Thu May 28, 2009 6:40 am, edited 9 times in total.
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Man United vs Barcelona..your predictions an lead upto game.

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

man united should win, with ferdinand back they look dangerous

barca didnt show much this morning and really shouldnt be there, bias but true

I predict a 2-0 win (ronaldo, rooney)

MESSI is NO RONALDO
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Man U 3 - Barca 0

let the jinxes begin
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Hu$$ler
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Hu$$ler »

Both teams play exceptionally well in their respective leagues. Im predicting Barcelona to be up 1-0 for most of the game and then for Man U to score within the last 20 minutes and for Barcelona to win in extra time.
Hu$$ler by name, Hu$$ler by nature

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

I honestly can see Man Utd winning this one.. :(
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

I think this will be a great game, especially with Fletcher out, that means fergy wont be able to play both him and Carrick, he will have to play one of his more attacking midfielders, like Scholes, Nani, Anderson or Giggs.

I think Fletcher will be a massive blow, they dont have anyone to replace him defensively and because of that Barca to win 3-1 with Ronaldo telling the camera that its all Barossa Pearl.
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Barca 3-1. They just need to consult Rafa Benitez on how to knock them off! :wink:
Ignore this signature

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:Barca 3-1. They just need to consult Rafa Benitez on how to knock them off! :wink:
:lol:
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

This is Man U's match to lose.

and only one thing is certain. Ronaldo will cry.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Man U should win easily. Barca defence looked a mess against Chelski.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

themagnet wrote:Man U should win easily. Barca defence looked a mess against Chelski.
A mess that conceded 1 goal in over 3 hours of football ?

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

povman_2009 wrote:
themagnet wrote:Man U should win easily. Barca defence looked a mess against Chelski.
A mess that conceded 1 goal in over 3 hours of football ?
a mess still, they should of conceeded 5 but chelsea were not good enough
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Twitchyarry wrote:he will have to play one of his more attacking midfielders, like Scholes, Nani, Anderson or Giggs.
Anderson has started every Champions League match since Inter. We have been playing a three man midfield in UCL with Fletch, Anderson and Carrick. Now IMO for the final it will be Carrick, Anderson and Scholes/Giggs.
Loppermann wrote:I think you underestimate how small scousers' lives are... there's football and that's it, none of them have jobs or families or teeth

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

The Joker wrote:
Twitchyarry wrote:he will have to play one of his more attacking midfielders, like Scholes, Nani, Anderson or Giggs.
Anderson has started every Champions League match since Inter. We have been playing a three man midfield in UCL with Fletch, Anderson and Carrick. Now IMO for the final it will be Carrick, Anderson and Scholes/Giggs.

Which in all fairness isn't really a disadvantage. Fletcher is a great player, but some maturity in a final is never a bad thing. Here's hoping Giggs starts.

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Litmanen wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Which in all fairness isn't really a disadvantage. Fletcher is a great player, but some maturity in a final is never a bad thing. Here's hoping Giggs starts.
I agree. Maybe playing an experienced player in the final isn't too bad, but you never know. All I'm hoping for is that when the United players step onto the plane on the way to Rome, the EPL is in the bag. And whatever happens in Rome, happens.
Loppermann wrote:I think you underestimate how small scousers' lives are... there's football and that's it, none of them have jobs or families or teeth

Porcupine
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Porcupine »

Topgun-jimmy-aufc wrote:Man United vs Barcelona..your predictions an lead upto game.
It's barcelona v manchester united. Get your facts straight before making predictions. :wink:
Pining for the pork of the porcupine

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

Maybe with Drogba freaking out at the end of the Chelsea Barcelona game and the controvesy during that game, the officials in the final might look after Manchester United.

These sorts of games can very easily depend how the ref/linespeople perform. Then again it could work for Barcelona. I think that Henri and Ferdinand will both be available.

I can see Barcelona having majority possesion but cant see Man U being pumped. As someone else said on here as long as Man U has the EPL wrapped up by the time the final comes along then go your hardest.

I think Barcelona will win it, probably 1 nil. Hope I am wrong.
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Porcupine wrote:
Topgun-jimmy-aufc wrote:Man United vs Barcelona..your predictions an lead upto game.
It's barcelona v manchester united. Get your facts straight before making predictions. :wink:
we finished 1st to have game there,

so has it changed now,

the othe way round....
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Topgun-jimmy-aufc wrote:
Porcupine wrote:
we finished 1st to have game there,

so has it changed now,

the othe way round....
lol nah Jimmy, the way it was drawn the winner of Man Utd and Arsenal Semi-Final would be the Away team in the final and winner of Barca Chelsea Semi-Final would be the home team. Therefore Man Utd will be wearing white away strip, and I have read on a Manchester United forum that we will be wearing all white, instead of white with blue shorts.

TM87
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by TM87 »

Barcelona 2 - 1 Man. Utd :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

ManU easy 3 - 1 :D :D Can also see a possibility of a blowout in the score to ManU if Barca lose the tempo !!! 8) 8)
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

deep down I don't give a rats, but better a EPL teams wins it than anyone else.

I doubt it will be as exciting or flash as everyone seems to think it might be.

There isn't any justice in football so it will end up a boring nil all draw with Barcelona winning it in a penalty shoot out when CR slips and puts it onto the post then breaks down crying again and throws his shirt to SAF only to show the world he is wearing a Real Madrid shirt underneath.

having said all that I'll now stand back and listen for all of the howls.

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

E. Grant & Co wrote:deep down I don't give a rats, but better a EPL teams wins it than anyone else.

There isn't any justice in football so it will end up a boring nil all draw with Barcelona winning it in a penalty shoot out when CR slips and puts it onto the post then breaks down crying again and throws his shirt to SAF only to show the world he is wearing a Real Madrid shirt underneath.

It will be 10 times the game it would have been if '10 men behind the ball' Chelsea had made it to the final.
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DON HALA MADRID »

Barcelona 3 - 2 Man Utd. the absence of abidal and alves will hurt barca greatly and they will concede, but their unrivaled firepower remains the same and will undoubtedly be showcased in this final. Henry, Eto'o, Iniesta, Xavi & The Freak will be way too strong for Ronaldo & Rooney. Man Utd may get lucky on a counter-attack or two, also set pieces, but if they become too explosive then Barca will pass them to death and just give the ball to Messi, who will destroy the English Champions im sorry to say. The two best sides in the world no doubt, but a few players separate them and therefore no doubt the Blaugrana will win this one. There is no denying that they play the best football in the world.

Ronaldo to get emotional, then seek revenge next season in the El Clasico. :wink:
Last edited by DON HALA MADRID on Tue May 12, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Hala Madrid wrote:Barcelona 3 - 2 Man Utd. the absence of abidal and alves will hurt barca greatly and they will concede, but their unrivaled firepower remains the same and will undoubtedly be showcased in this final. Henry, Eto'o, Iniesta, Xavi & The Freak will be way too strong for Ronaldo & Rooney and therefore no doubt the Blaugrana will win this one. Together they play the best football in the world.

Ronaldo to get emotional, then seek revenge next season in the El Clasico. :wink:
im pretty sure they will b up against evra rio vidic and oshea :P or ronaldo rooney tevez n berbatov ;)

rumour has it we will be wearin our all white strip, so ronaldo mite look like hes playin 4 madrid, i guess u can take a pic of that 1 madridsta n enjoy the sensation in ur pants :lol:

DON HALA MADRID
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by DON HALA MADRID »

ok. if you want to get technical...

starting line ups.

most likely for barca.

Henry, Eto'o, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Keita, Sylvinho, Toure, Pique, Puyol, Valdes.

most likely for united.

Ronaldo, Rooney, Park, Anderson, Scholes, Carrick, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, O'Shea, Van Der Sar.
ImageImage

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

united have more depth on the bench which could b a massive bonus
if we need a goal, tevez? berba?

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

MUFCBOY wrote:united have more depth on the bench which could b a massive bonus
if we need a goal, tevez? berba?

Depends on the formation surely.

Personally i'd be playing

Tevez Rooney

Giggs Ronaldo

Anderson Scholes Carrick Park

Evra Vidic Ferdinand O' shea

Might swap Ronaldo with Rooney if Ronaldo starts diving and crying, while you want him on the ball, you also want to give him as much space as possible, That and Rooney is a harder worker, and will assert himself more physically against the Barca midfield. Man U could play a bit deeper (Chelsea style), and counter punch. I don't think Man U keep the ball well enough to technically outplay the Barca midfield.Messi, Iniesta and Xavi will tear them to shreds, if the Barca mid isn't physically stopped.

Barca. Well i don't really like Sylvinho, Maybe Busquets, he has a physical presence like Toure, and seems to be able to keep the ball, which is all he has to do with the two Spanish dynamos in front of him. Not sure what he's like as a defender, could use his height against Ronaldo who seems to score headers like they are going out of fashion.

Either way, i think you'll find Barca play so attacking that putting midfielders at the back won't really stunt there defense too much, with no Alves this means most of there crosses will actually land in the box and not in row Z...

Man U have more depth and should win this. Having said that, it only took one shot on target against Chelsea for them to snatch it, and if Man U fans claim this will be an " open game" then you'd better hope the Barca strikers aren't having a good day.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Twitchyarry wrote:
E. Grant & Co wrote:deep down I don't give a rats, but better a EPL teams wins it than anyone else.

It will be 10 times the game it would have been if '10 men behind the ball' Chelsea had made it to the final.
Yawn..................next comment please, this one's broken! :roll: