SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 16/05/09

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 16/05/09

Post by Missing Post Count »

Post them here (other results topics may be merged into here) :lol:

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 16/05/09

Post by Kitchimo »

:lol:
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Division One:
A's: United Allstars 1 Adelaide University 2
B's: I didn't see either game but I am led to beleive Uni won the reserves too.

Division Two:
A's: Fc Adelaide 0 Adelaide Budapest 3
B's: Fc Adelaide 9 Adelaide Budapest 1

I saw this fixture last season as a neutral and asked this question. Funnily enough I saw the same linesman run the line for Budapest drinking and smoking and making several dodgey calls. Shame really because it does their club no favors when there are no problems with their players on the park or fans on the side.

In the A's a sublime chip over the keeper gave the visitors a one goal lead. The second one was well taken before a third that crept in straight from the corner settled the match. I think it went straight in, although I wasn't in the best position to see it.

The B's match was like the last few B's matches.... 2-0 at half time before a glutten of second half goals has really given us a healthy goal difference. Personally I was disappointed to conceed the goal but that happens.

Division six:
Fc Adelaide 2 Adelaide Vipers 1

To be quite frank I think we were a tad lucky get the points from this game after the first half in which we (me included) didn't play particularly well.

Teza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Teza »

Villa 1-1 Navarino

Flud
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flud »

Division 4 -

A Grade

Murray Bridge Utd 3 - Adelaide Pumas 2

B Grade

Murray Bridge Utd 1 - Adelaide Pumas 1

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

SPOC 1 - 3 BOSA
Saint Peters were well beaten by BOSA today. I think that we have seen the 2 best teams in the league play off today. Standard of play was quite high on a nice St Peters home pitch. BOSA set up with a very attacking line up which caused us some problems early on.

I do think that the scoreline ended up flattering BOSA as they were certainly not a 2 goal better side. SPOC certainly had their chaces in the game - especially one lovely following move that ended u hitting the post when it was 2-1. Mind you we had one goal mircaculously saved off the line!!!

Great to have a hard game in the league though and BOSA will be very tough for all to take points off this year.

Shame that the BOSA linesman didn't want to play fairly but the ref was fantastic today!!!

BillyBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BillyBob »

Bodø Glimt wrote:Division One:
A's: United Allstars 1 Adelaide University 2
B's: I didn't see either game but I am led to beleive Uni won the reserves too.
B's: Africa 1 Uni 3
http://auscblacks.com
Adelaide University Soccer Club Blacks

BillyBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BillyBob »

oh and before I forget, most hilarious moment I've seen in SAASL. Half time of the ressies and the africa boys get out the lawn mower and start mowing the grass on the pitch!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

With the length of the grass at some games last season they probably realized that the council or school wasn't going to do it and invested in a lawn mower.

BillyBob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BillyBob »

they only mowed one patch, lol, but they didn't have the catcher on the back of the mower so the grass clippings remained on the pitch. Rest of the pitch was a lot better than it has been in the past, no sand in sight, but the pitch isstill very soft. Only proble mwas the ankle/shin high grass all down one side of the pitch.

watp
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by watp »

jets 0- sterling 5 (b's)
jets 1- sterling 1 (a's)

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

St Peters 1 - 3 (B's 2-3, C's 3-1)

A's

A very entertaining match particularly as a BOSA club member. The first 15 minutes was all BOSA with SP looking very much under the pump. To their credit they settled and rather than attempting to play the same style as BOSA started to utilise their stengths. The rest of the first half became pretty much an arm wrestle with BOSA claiming a goal by pouncing on a scrammble within the box.

BOSA got a second relatively early in the second half and looked on top. SP then scored a well finished header that was flagged offside although ignored by the ref. This gave them a rejuvinated attitude and during the next 10 minutes looked in control. They hit the post only a matter of minutes later and were hungry for the equaliser. BOSA composed and scored a third taking the wind out of SP's sails. After that it was pretty much all BOSA with some attacks from SP but most of the chances fell to BOSA. A well deserved win IMO.

B's

BOSA were well on top for most of the first half and scored the opener. We remained on top until 5 of madness gifted two goals to SP (They were well finished though). BOSA then scored a second to head into the break.

The second half was tough for both sides with hard and sometimes missed judged tackles. It probably could have gone either way with two very different styles of football. BOSA subbed with an almost immediate result. A converted penalty resulted following a foul in the box. The rest of the half was on thin ice. Although BOSA kept the ball well SP kept up their normal belief and continued to create chances. Another well fought win.

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

watp wrote:jets 0- sterling 5 (b's)
jets 1- sterling 1 (a's)
I hope that you don't play for them. It may have been a sterling effort but they play for Stirling.

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

Wanderers 0 - Villa 0

Not sure of the B's result.

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Wanderers 0 v Adelaide Villa 0 (Reserves 2-2)

Very tough game in all aspects. Villa dominated first half and looked like the only side capable of scoring, Wanderers struggled to string 2 passes together and knew they would be in for a tough afternoon. Second half was very even with Wanderers tightening up in midfield and pressuring Villa into taking a more cautious and direct approach. All in all not to many clear cut chances from either side with both defences dominating the opposition strikers. Tassovic had the best chance of the game with only Jack to beat :wink: but the keeper got his angles right to force his chip just off target :wink: Must say that in the end a 0-0 draw was a fair result between 2 quality sides.

Don't right off Wanderers they are a well organised quality side and hard as nails. Great to see the way we handled our selves against them which gives us great confidence for the rest of the year.

GO THE GREEN AND GOLD

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Southern Breakers V Vipers.

A's 2 -3
B's 2-3

and look ^ for C's

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Flud wrote:Division 4 -

B Grade

terrible referee, what a joke
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

Monkey Boy wrote:SPOC 1 - 3 BOSA
Saint Peters were well beaten by BOSA today. I think that we have seen the 2 best teams in the league play off today. Standard of play was quite high on a nice St Peters home pitch. BOSA set up with a very attacking line up which caused us some problems early on.

I do think that the scoreline ended up flattering BOSA as they were certainly not a 2 goal better side. SPOC certainly had their chaces in the game - especially one lovely following move that ended u hitting the post when it was 2-1. Mind you we had one goal mircaculously saved off the line!!!

Great to have a hard game in the league though and BOSA will be very tough for all to take points off this year.

Shame that the BOSA linesman didn't want to play fairly but the ref was fantastic today!!!
See what we can do to accomodate you further in a few weeks :wink:

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Jack Mehorf wrote:
Monkey Boy wrote:SPOC 1 - 3 BOSA

See what we can do to accomodate you further in a few weeks :wink:
Yep I dare say that our next few weeks will tell us exactly where we are at. Same as some of the other teams to play each other.... Massive next couple of weeks for the entire league and I think there will be some sore bodies for the next few Sunday's!!!

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Zeus wrote:Southern Breakers V Vipers.

A's 2 -3
B's 2-3
Scorers (A - Vipers): Geladaris (2), Matsouliadis

Was an interesting game. Vipers took the lead within 2 minutes from an absolute screamer from Matsi, to only see that cancelled out after a lapse in concentration. Took the next two, with the third a Ned-Zelic-esque zero angle shot following from a corner, with the Breakers grafting hard to get their 2nd. The 2nd half was quite a tussle - both sides had chances, perhaps Vipers with the clearer cut of those, and the Breakers keeper must be commended. I can see why they've stolen points off of teams higher up the table though.

Interesting bunch of results in Div II, I'll be interested to see the table after this round.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:

B Grade

What was the A grade ref like? Heard he gave a last minute penalty as well.

Our B grade was bad today, A grade ref counted 3 penalties turned down in the last 20 minutes.

Punks Not Dead
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Punks Not Dead »

God is an Englishman wrote:What was the A grade ref like? Heard he gave a last minute penalty as well.
Our B grade was bad today, A grade ref counted 3 penalties turned down in the last 20 minutes.
That's nice, but how about you post your results as well :wink:

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

Bodes wrote:
watp wrote:jets 0- sterling 5 (b's)
jets 1- sterling 1 (a's)
I hope that you don't play for them. It may have been a sterling effort but they play for Stirling.
dont laugh... back in 2005 when I was playing for Stirling and we did the Div 2 Saturday double (A's & B's) The amateur league engraved 'Sterling' into our winner medals..

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Die Toten Hosen wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:What was the A grade ref like? Heard he gave a last minute penalty as well.
That's nice, but how about you post your results as well :wink:
we won 4-0

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Teza wrote:Villa 1-1 Navarino
Why do you never post your reserve side score?

I find it strange that you and some others on here only post the senior side score like the reserves are not your reserves but another team altogether. You can easily spot which clubs respect their B/C team(s) as much as the rest of the club.

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Div 2

Monarchs - OISC 3-1 (0-2)

Div 4

ACU - OISC 3-2 (0-4)

Div 6

Hahndorf - OISC 4-1

Championships

Cups

Flud
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Flud »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Chelsea4thewin wrote:

B Grade

What was the A grade ref like? Heard he gave a last minute penalty as well.

B Grade 'club' ref didnt have the best of games but I have seen a LOT worse!!

A grade ref was unfussy, yes he gave a penaly with 3 or 4 mins to go but there were no arguements from the Puma's players and I still have a knee the size of a football to show that it really wasnt a good challenge by the keeper.. Worth noting that he didn't even book the keeper though!!!

A VERY hard fought game which could have gone either way.. no contentious decisions that i can recall and it was great to see a few of the Pumas players sticking around for a beer afterwards.. The game was played in great spirit and was cleanly contested..

A good day all round - B grade I reckon we got out of jail with the point but the A grade was (in my humble opinion) deserved..

Rattus
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rattus »

Whats happening with Iggies and Navarino? they both were div one last year!

early days but would div 3 be in the back of the back of their minds yet?

moundman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by moundman »

very concerning results for Iggies. But they have a young side that is still taking time to gel. The club has a record numbers of players and at this rate our first team might find themselves playing our 3 side in the same division :shock:

Another disturbing aspect is our reserves keep winning but our A's can't buy a win. This has been the case for the last 10 years strong reserves but a first team that can't get the needed results

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Rattus wrote:Whats happening with Iggies and Navarino? they both were div one last year!

early days but would div 3 be in the back of the back of their minds yet?
Plenty of games to go.

Championships

Cups