a good post for refs

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

tickets4cheese
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

a good post for refs

Post by tickets4cheese »

i would like to say that given the resent attitude towards the reffing standards in the amateur league the ref that did the game between PHE & Beach yesterday had an excellent game.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - King Eric

http://www.parahillseastsoccerclub.com/

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: a good post for refs

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

Rob Lozza had a top game ( Cougars v McLaren). Well done Lozza novski!
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

5cougarsthanx wrote:Rob Lozza had a top game ( Cougars v McLaren). Well done Lozza novski!
Rob Lozza would definitely be one of the better refs we had last year.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

The ref who did MSSC Blue Eagles vs Payneham Postel also had a very good game.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

our ref we had yesterday against Raptors was excellent. Can i say also to Raptors that the B team ref that you guys had yesterday also was fantastic, the best b team ref we have had so well done
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

tickets4cheese
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by tickets4cheese »

i would also like to say that the guy that did the reserves game at beach yesterday was also very good
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - King Eric

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

tickets4cheese wrote:i would also like to say that the guy that did the reserves game at beach yesterday was also very good
He is an ex ref and is normally pretty good. Has is moments but on the whole does a good job.

Lefty from Gardens was a good B Team ref to.

safehands
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by safehands »

Also the guy that reff'd the Inter v Florina b's yesterday. Not too bad, except for the decision at the end where the linesman flagged for offside and the ref waved him away, as he scored. Frustrating, as the goal put them 3-2 up with only minutes left to play. Even more frustrating when I have some of the opposition players tell me after that he was easily a few yards offside.

Oh well thats life, we get on with the job and go again in two weeks.
'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - VINNY JONES
'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - RICHARD RUFUS

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

pc wrote:our ref we had yesterday against Raptors was excellent. Can i say also to Raptors that the B team ref that you guys had yesterday also was fantastic, the best b team ref we have had so well done

I thought the ref Vista had against Gully in the B's also done a fantastic job.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

pc81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc81 »

Lance 23 wrote:
pc wrote:our ref we had yesterday against Raptors was excellent. Can i say also to Raptors that the B team ref that you guys had yesterday also was fantastic, the best b team ref we have had so well done

wouldn't have been the ref from this year that you'd be talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like at work, he just wondered around doing nothing!!!!
You go on the p*ss all day, you've ballooned out like the Pillsbury Doughboy!
You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville? *Mike Basset*

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

perhaps a topic could be stickied in regards to refs who played a good game and putting some names in and descriptions of what they did well :?:

we all seem to have a lot to say when they do poorly so why not give some to those who do a fair job and make them known to the rest...

just a thought
retired handy man!

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Tom at vista
Glen at the Farm
Trevor's brother at Florina
The Vale guy who done the ressies on Sunday
Rainer at the Downs

All of these have done a fair and honest job each time
we've either played them this season or in the past.
And I always make a point of thanking them too afterwards, they get enough sh*t
its nice to give them praise too.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

tickets4cheese
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by tickets4cheese »

the ref from the East vs Beach game on sunday was the tall greek bloke Steve(don't know if that narrows it down), not sure of his last name.

Flowers
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Flowers »

Vlassis, and yes I think he is one of the better ones.
Father forget us or father forgive us
Giving us faith and then calling us sinners
Mixing up the losers with all of the winners
Tonight yeah yeah yeah

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

pc wrote:
Lance 23 wrote:

wouldn't have been the ref from this year that you'd be talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like at work, he just wondered around doing nothing!!!!
That is the one i'm talking about. But unlike your opinion- like at work he kept up with play well, was fair,well organised, communicated well with players and nothing was to hard for him. :) even when he was being abused.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

Jack Mehorf
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jack Mehorf »

As I have said in previous posts this season, IMO the refereeing has been very good compared to past years. :D

Don't know if it's because were playing in Div 1 :?:

Don't think i've spat my chewie once thus far :D

Great job guys keep up the good work....the ones i'd love to commend are....not sure on names.

Italian guy we had at Strirling.......
Lozza in a reserves game and a few times in the past.
The Englishman we have had at least 3 times this year, Uni, Sturt and Bosa......very very good and top bloke also..caught up with him at the Parade I think :?:
The Englishman we had last week against Gleeson and once or twice before...very much in control and a pleasure to play under.
Must also mention Tony Cerracchio who does our reserves games......very very fair and does a great job.

:D

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

Seems like we could all do with getting to know these guys and their names...... i remember as a youngster it was always a good feeling if a ref knew your name and brought the best out of me....why would these guys be any different....

2 curly wurlys for whoever can name the most refs off the top of their head so swannsong and those who will look it up dont count....
retired handy man!

stickhead
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by stickhead »

Jack Mehorf wrote:As I have said in previous posts this season, IMO the refereeing has been very good compared to past years. :D

Don't know if it's because were playing in Div 1 :?:

Don't think i've spat my chewie once thus far :D

Great job guys keep up the good work....the ones i'd love to commend are....not sure on names.

Italian guy we had at Strirling.......
Lozza in a reserves game and a few times in the past.
The Englishman we have had at least 3 times this year, Uni, Sturt and Bosa......very very good and top bloke also..caught up with him at the Parade I think :?:
The Englishman we had last week against Gleeson and once or twice before...very much in control and a pleasure to play under.
Must also mention Tony Cerracchio who does our reserves games......very very fair and does a great job.

:D
Thought he did a really good job on the weekend, very fair and relaxed, seemed like he was enjoying himself having a chat with the players.

blackout
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by blackout »

handy_man wrote:Seems like we could all do with getting to know these guys and their names...... i remember as a youngster it was always a good feeling if a ref knew your name and brought the best out of me....why would these guys be any different....

2 curly wurlys for whoever can name the most refs off the top of their head so swannsong and those who will look it up dont count....
Not sure I entirely agree with you on this one. Good idea when things are going well, but some top ref will have an off day, and his name will be slagged off here (in another post, of course), and every w@nker will jump on the wagon.

If you know their name, all the better for you, but keep it to yourself.

Bravo for starting this topic.

The ref at Gleeson is top notch, but you'd expect that, he's a former official.

I thought the Africa ref was really good. Played advantage well, pulled up play when he had to. And all in a very unique, laidback style. Not the easiest gig out there.

Gardensgoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gardensgoon »

we had kim (nerdy lookin italian fella) against the downs on the weekend, and he did a top job, as these games can get out of hand with a poor ref. he let the game flow and produced few cards, and the cards he did produce were all probably there. we also had him in the cup final and a few other times and he has been awesome. by far the best ref in the league in my opinion.

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

gardensgoon wrote:we had kim (nerdy lookin italian fella) against the downs on the weekend, and he did a top job, as these games can get out of hand with a poor ref. he let the game flow and produced few cards, and the cards he did produce were all probably there. we also had him in the cup final and a few other times and he has been awesome. by far the best ref in the league in my opinion.
Have to agree, i have a lot of time for Kim, definitely one of the better refs and has a lot of personality and uses it to his advantage.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

blackout wrote:I thought the Africa ref was really good. Played advantage well, pulled up play when he had to. And all in a very unique, laidback style. Not the easiest gig out there.
I'd agree that the games I saw there last season the referee was quite good. Both Old Ignatians (and Fc Adelaide the season before) said they had no complaints either.

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Jay Walking wrote:
tickets4cheese wrote:i would also like to say that the guy that did the reserves game at beach yesterday was also very good
He is an ex ref and is normally pretty good. Has is moments but on the whole does a good job.

Lefty from Gardens was a good B Team ref to.
Yer thanks Jay you must be after a free Bourban again. Im actually enjoying it at the moment now that I can keep up with play and dont have to rely on trainers like yours at Farm to give me treatment :lol: . But the whistle will get put away for a couple of years as Im keen to organise & play in the over 35's next year with the Rodent & Gweet :D .
I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate....Thierry Henry

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

handy_man wrote:2 curly wurlys for whoever can name the most refs off the top of their head so swannsong and those who will look it up dont count....
I'll start the bidding at 3 names and I have their phone numbers as well.

grouse n' ice
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by grouse n' ice »

Hey,

Just wanted to say the guy who reffed the ressies for Munno Para v's Beach game on Sunday was probably the best club ref we've had all season away from home.
I am not an alchoholic. Alchoholics go to meetings!

Right Back
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Back »

The ref who did the ACU Falcons v Murray Bridge (Sat Div 4A) game on August 15th needs a new watch.

Second half went for 57 minutes with only 2 goals and about 4 subs, no injuries.....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

The referee that did the St Johns/Christies v Seaford under 8's did a good job also :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Cunning Stunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cunning Stunt »

acu_falcon wrote:The ref who did the ACU Falcons v Murray Bridge (Sat Div 4A) game on August 15th needs a new watch.

Second half went for 57 minutes with only 2 goals and about 4 subs, no injuries.....
If it was ACU Falcons v Murray Bridge surely it was your ref???
Does Kevin Rudd refer to his genitals as the stimulus package?

Made in Australia
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Made in Australia »

grouse n' ice wrote:Hey,

Just wanted to say the guy who reffed the ressies for Munno Para v's Beach game on Sunday was probably the best club ref we've had all season away from home.
He's a great clubman & ref.

Big mouth too :D :wink:
Image Image

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Cunning Stunt wrote:
acu_falcon wrote:The ref who did the ACU Falcons v Murray Bridge (Sat Div 4A) game on August 15th needs a new watch.

If it was ACU Falcons v Murray Bridge surely it was your ref???
I assume it was a league ref, being Div 4A.