Malaysia XI- ....vs ....Man United- Game 2 on RIGHT NOW!!

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Malaysia XI- ....vs ....Man United- Game 2 on RIGHT NOW!!

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

Malaysia XI 2......... United 3

Michael Owen secured a 3-2 victory for the Reds in their opening Asia Tour match on Saturday, coming off the bench to fire the winner on his debut against a hard-working Malaysian XI.

Sir Alex’s men had earlier taken a 2-0 lead through Wayne Rooney and Nani. Rooney opened the scoring on eight minutes, tapping in from close range, and then turned provider for Nani, who finished with aplomb, 20 minutes later.

A stunning volley on half-time from Mohammed Amri Yahyah gave the hosts hope, before a mistake from Ben Foster seven minutes after the restart allowed Yahyah to grab his second. But Owen wrapped up the win with a cool finish five minutes from time.

In searing heat, the Reds were given a good workout by their enthusiastic and energetic opponents who were only five minutes away from a famous result.

Sir Alex picked a strong side for the match against a hugely inexperienced Malaysian side (only four players in their side were over 23), but opted to leave Owen on the bench. With Nemanja Vidic missing through injury, Jonny Evans partnered skipper Rio Ferdinand in central defence, with John O’Shea and Patrice Evra on the right and left flanks respectively. In front of them, Darron Gibson took up a position on the right with Nani down the left. Paul Scholes and Anderson anchored the midfield, while Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov linked up in attack.

And it was the Bulgarian who had United’s first sight of goal after just three minutes. Anderson's ball into him on the edge of the area just rolled under his foot, but after a couple of

Team Line-ups
United: van der Sar (Foster 46); O'Shea, Ferdinand (Brown 61), Evans, Evra (Fabio 61); Gibson, Scholes (Tosic 61), Anderson (Giggs 76), Nani; Rooney (Owen 61), Berbatov (Macheda 76).

Goals: Rooney 8, Nani 28, Owen 85

Malaysian XI: Marlias; Mazlizam (Azmi Muslim 74), Zamani (Gurusamy 67), Zafuan (Ahmad 80), Asraruddin; Rahim (Mat Abu 88), Rohidan (Bunyamin 63), Kunalan (Muhymeen 67), Yahyah (Talaha 80), Indra Putra (Bakhtiar 80); Zaquan (Kadir 80).

Goals: Yahyah 45, 52

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pageg ... id=6636399

2nd game confirmed to play malaysia,
The club have confirmed they will play a second game against a Malaysian XI on Monday evening (20 July) in Kuala Lumpur following the cancellation of their visit to Indonesia.

The Reds had been due to fly to Jakarta on Saturday evening after the opening tour game, but Friday's terrorist attacks in Indonesia prompted a change of plan.

Julian Kam, CEO of ProEvents, the tour organisers, revealed further details on United's second match in Malaysia at Saturday's post-match press conference.

"The game will take place on Monday 20 July at 20:45 local time [13:45 BST] again at the Bukit Jalil Stadium. Looking at the tremendous reception the team have received in Malaysia, and the capacity crowd on Saturday evening, we believe many fans will be eager to watch the team play again. A second match will give fans who missed out first time around another chance to watch the players in action, and those who would like to watch them again can also do so.
Last edited by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Malaysia XI- ....vs ....Man United-

Post by Le King »

well in owen!
gd 2 see the youngsters get a game
thats wat i like about fergie, neva shy 2 play the young boys
gibson is gonna b a star

Union Carbide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Union Carbide »

meh
We killed more Indians than John Wayne

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

MUFCBOY wrote:well in owen!
gibson is gonna b a star
I actually agree with that. He's a smug sherry and I hate his guts, but that I agree with.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

CFC10 wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:well in owen!
gibson is gonna b a star
I actually agree with that. He's a smug sherry and I hate his guts, but that I agree with.
well hes lost ronaldo and tevez, and hasnt spent the cash from ronaldos sale, instead he has decided to keep macheda and welbeck and not loan them out, which shows faith in the 2 young boys that they can take the next step this season

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Berbatov is back in full lazy swing again. Did anyone see the goal he missed from 6 yards out that Rooney had to finish? He basically side footed it to the keeper and fell over...

Owen's goal was an open net effectively.
Foster had a shocker.... Kalac-like

It's good that they're getting the cobwebs out now i guess.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

2nd game goin on
watchin it on mutv online
macheda scored 1st goal and owen scored the 2nd, nice play for owens goal

tosic playin well too, like th look of this young kid
30 mins gone 1st half

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MUFCBOY wrote:2nd game goin on

30 mins gone 1st half
lucki you, i carn't afford the $$$ for it..........

keep us upto date ladd...
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

TOPGUN-JIMMY-AUFC wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:2nd game goin on

30 mins gone 1st half
lucki you, i carn't afford the $$$ for it..........

keep us upto date ladd...
its 9.20 australia for 1 month trial
i was gonna watchin the criket but thats ova so was shiraz bored and jst impusled it hahaha

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Malaysia XI- ....vs ....Man United- Game 2 on RIGHT NOW!!

Michael Owen scores again for Manchester United

July 21, 2009 07:22am
.MICHAEL Owen hit the target again as Manchester United made it two wins out of two on their pre-season tour of Malaysia overnight.

United beat a plucky Malaysian XI 2-0, Owen scoring from close range after 13 minuites.

Teenage Italian Federico Macheda had put United ahead a few minutes earlier.

But despite countless other chances they failed to stretch their lead in the energy-sapping conditions.

"It was a sticky night and I was exhausted just watching it," manager Sir Alex Ferguson said.

"It was not as good a game as the other night. We had a lot of chances in the second half and maybe we should have done better with the finishing."

But he singled out Owen for praise after his storming start for the club.

"If he stays fit it will be an absolute bonus for us," he said.

"There were a couple of cases tonight where he's shown his real experience, and that's what he's really good at, his positioning, and he's so quick to get to the ball."

On a steamy night, the teams observed a minute's silence in memory of those who died in the Jakarta bombings last Friday.

United were due play Indonesia last night but cancelled the trip after the hotel they were to stay in was hit by the blasts which killed eight people and injured more than 50.

Sir Alex Ferguson rung the changes for this hastily-arranged match, the second against the hard-working Malaysians in as many days following their sluggish 3-2 win on Saturday, with Jonny Evans the only player to keep his place.

After coming off the bench to score on his debut, Owen was in the starting 11 for the first time, teaming up with Macheda up front.

Despite a blunder in their opening game of the tour Ben Foster started in goal with Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Fabio, and Evans at the back.

Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher and Zoran Tosic were in the middle.

They next play FC Seoul on Friday, with Park Ji-Sung, who missed the Malaysia leg, joining his teammates in the South Korean capital.

Michael Owen (second from right) is congratulated by Manchester United teammates after scoring the second goal in the 2-0 win over a Malaysian XI on Monday night.
RADIO LALASEMENO

dont use my name..