United O Perth 1

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

United O Perth 1

Post by John Cena »

united should have been up 3 nil at half time, had 3 great chances. how was the dummy spit by the perth player after the first sub....this is were the game is cruel.

BOG......ebbs and macca

if it wasnt for macca in the second half could have been emdarasssing

i think we lost momentum when neits come off..........

One thing i dont understand is.......if your 1 nil down havent scored all season why you would try 3 strikers........in the last 20....

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: United O Perth 1

Post by Željko Jurin »

John Cena wrote:united should have been up 3 nil at half time, had 3 great chances. how was the dummy spit by the perth player after the first sub....this is were the game is cruel.

BOG......ebbs and macca

if it wasnt for macca in the second half could have been emdarasssing

i think we lost momentum when neits come off..........

One thing i dont understand is.......if your 1 nil down havent scored all season why you would try 3 strikers........in the last 20....
AU gk was brilliant, could play Mens Super League on that performance !!
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

shoulda had mj start if they were gonna play two upfront.

weak goal to concede, but the girls played a very good game, definately a much improved performance.

Joe Bloggs
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Joe Bloggs »

Very unlucky, but showed lack of quality up front & couldn't take the easiest of chances.Mj showed in the previous games, not quick enough at this level, but at least they threw everything at Perth in the last 25 mins. What a player that Kerr was, would've been better DeVanna staying on ! Good performance girls & another step forward in improvement, at least their not bottom now after Newcastle getting smashed.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

yeh much better game by united.

brilliant stuff from macca. good game aswell i thought from paps.
we looked pretty dangerous with 2 strikers, but by that time the defence was too tired (which is fair enough - they had a lot of work to do).

what a stinking attitude from de vanna. who does she think she is? EPL superstars wouldnt get away with that. if i was the coach id tell her to go to buggery.

still, just need to break that duck, and maybe the weight will be lifted.

What the?

Post by What the? »

Thought it was a good game from United.(getting better each game)
Lucky but good goal by Perth player.
Macca was at her best.
Thought defence did well against 2 very quick strikers, especially in the first half.But looked very slow in the second half.
Kerr just ran around them like they were standing still.
The midfield was I think at its best with Paps playing well, and Quigs looking very dangerous pushing forward to help Bexis or pushing back to help Paps defend.
Definately should have at least been 2 up at half time with Quigs having a couple of difficult chances, and Donna missing an easier attempt.
Even though they havent scored they definately did look the more dangerous in the first half.
United need to pass the ball around and be more patient when moving forward, as i thought they just kicked and hoped a lot of the time.This was mainly done by the defence, even when they werent under pressure.
Playing 2 strikers was good, but I dont think the Bexis, MJ combo works.
Would prefer to see Mj or Bexis with Donna or Quigs up there, or Donna and Quigs have a go up front together.
Dissapointing game by the Queenslanders, Chapman i think needs to work harder, as she seemed to just be filling gaps and also alot of wasted kicks.

BOG easily Macca followed by Quigs and paps.

Looking forward to the next game and hopefully the start of a scoring spree.

The Random Poster
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Why do retards post results in thread titles?

Post by The Random Poster »

Fantastic result. Well in Glory.
Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

line up for sydney is a toughie....we look better with 4-4-2 and would be more likely to score a goal that way...but against tough opposition, perhaps 4-5-1 would be better to shut down sydneys midfield.

macca
karina/ebs/shorty/neits
tenneille/paps (or ange)/chapman/donna
kat/mj

OR
macca
karina/ebs/shorty/neits
tenneille/paps/chapman/donna
ange (or quigs)
mj

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

barnetty lava

What the?

Post by What the? »

Bennylava

Obviously you dont rate Quigs as you have chosen to leave her out of 442 team, and she just gets a mention in your 441 team.
And you have chosen to put the 2 Queenslanders in, who I think have been a little ordinary.
In my opinion Quigs has been the most consistent player along with Paps in the midfield, that is obviously why MB keeps giving her a start.
I guess its lucky for Quigs your not the coach, otherwise she wouldnt get a game.

But this is the type of dribble we expect from you now.

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

Bennylava

looks like you dont like Rochelle Kuhar as well as Rach....
In my opinion these are two of the better players out there..... even tho I am bais but hey.....

argus tuft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by argus tuft »

I would like to see Quigs up front where she can do some damage. Also would like to see Donna on the right which is her natural position. I still can't see the benefit of playing interstate players. Training with Brisbane during the week then playing for United at the weekend. Crazy.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

hang on a minute, just because i dont include people in my imaginary suggested squads, doenst mean i do not rate or like them. we all have our opinions about how the squad should play (i, for example, think ange should start...barnett doesn't)...but it doesnt mean all of the crazy things you've suggested i mean or words youve put in my mouth are true.

By your logic, What The?, i could say that judging by your post you obviously dont rate ange and think she is a crap player who shouldnt play...but thats not true is it? you just didnt mention her.

i do not dislike quigs or rochelle and i don't think theyre crap footballers. if you read my post sensibly instead of moronically (what we've come to expect from you, What The?), youd see i was harmlessly discussing the sydney game next week and how picking the squad should be tough, not which players i dislike and like.

furthermore:
- this is an opinion forum about womens football. if you dont like this, stiff bloody cheese.
- instead of personal attacks, why not say "hey bennylava i disagree with your squads, heres who i think should play and why..what do you think"
- while players might be seemingly playing well, we still haven't won, or scored, and i think it is sensible to discuss other options for the team.

i look forward to hearing your frantic, ill-thought, attacking replies.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

i would also like to add that there have been several times in the past that What The? has strongly agreed with my posts...dribble? :lol:

What the?

Post by What the? »

[quote]bennylava
hang on a minute, just because i dont include people in my imaginary suggested squads, doenst mean i do not rate or like them. we all have our opinions about how the squad should play (i, for example, think ange should start...barnett doesn't)...but it doesnt mean all of the crazy things you've suggested i mean or words youve put in my mouth are true.[/quote]

Well if they are not in your imaginary squad what does it mean then?
And the only crazy things suggested or words as you say I have put in your mouth are that you dont rate them and they wouldnt get a game if you were coach.

[quote]By your logic, What The?, i could say that judging by your post you obviously dont rate ange and think she is a crap player who shouldnt play...but thats not true is it? you just didnt mention her.[/quote]

I didnt mention 90% of the team, unlike you who left out 2 main players in my opinion.

[quote]i do not dislike quigs or rochelle and i don't think theyre crap footballers. if you read my post sensibly instead of moronically (what we've come to expect from you, What The?), youd see i was harmlessly discussing the sydney game next week and how picking the squad should be tough, not which players i dislike and like.[/quote]

Now whos putting words into my mouth as I did not say you didnt like these players Mrs trainer did.

[quote]- this is an opinion forum about womens football. if you dont like this, stiff bloody cheese.[/quote]

If you dont like my opinions well stiff bloody cheese.

[quote]- instead of personal attacks, why not say "hey bennylava i disagree with your squads, heres who i think should play and why..what do you think"[/quote]

[quote]if you read my post sensibly instead of moronically (what we've come to expect from you, What The?)[/quote]
Maybe you should follow your own advice.

[quote]- while players might be seemingly playing well, we still haven't won, or scored, and i think it is sensible to discuss other options for the team.
[/quote]

which means and correct me if Im wrong, but you think the 2 players who you left out of your squads are not playing well.
If this is true would love to hear what your reasoning behind that is.
If we are not scoring isnt it a problem with the strikers then, not with a defender and a midfielder.
And I think the team thats been playing has played well, and the only reason they havent won or scored has been bad luck and not through lack of chances.

[quote]i look forward to hearing your frantic, ill-thought, attacking replies.[/quote]

If the shoe fits.

chelsea
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by chelsea »

I saw the game against melbourne and the perth game. I am not sure the criticism of the interstate players is fair. Really rate Roweth, fast and skillful. Boaler is also very quick. Chapman seems to be playing a defensive midfield position. Preferred her with Paps better than with quigs in midfield. Great distribution skills. Will take a while for the sa girls to get used to the interstate players. I think Quigs and Cockayne should go up front. Bexis fiddles around too much
Chapman, Paps, Roweth and Boaler in the midfield. Burgess, Harro, Weidenbach and Ketzios in back. Macca is a great keeper.
Good luck for Sydney, wish it was televised.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

@whatthe?
Well if they are not in your imaginary squad what does it mean then?
And the only crazy things suggested or words as you say I have put in your mouth are that you dont rate them and they wouldnt get a game if you were coach.
not in my crazy imaginary squad means that there are eleven player i would play over them....this does not equal dislike...and besides, quigs was in one of my squads..what would your squad be for the sydney game?

i did not say "i dont rate them" or anything like that...so in that case you saying that i did is putting words in my mouth
I didnt mention 90% of the team, unlike you who left out 2 main players in my opinion.
i also left out other players...the fact is you cant have 15 players in a squad, and when there are more than 11 quality players..some have to miss out
Now whos putting words into my mouth as I did not say you didnt like these players Mrs trainer did.
you did say that i dont rate quigs..which i never said and isnt true.
If you dont like my opinions well stiff bloody cheese.
i dont like your opinions, so i try argue them back...unless you make personal attacks...which leads us to
Maybe you should follow your own advice.
well, i normally wouldnt play the man in an argument...but when someone sinks to the level, i feel that it is unfair to not retaliate somewhat...however in this case i merely turned your own statement backwards sarcastically
which means and correct me if Im wrong, but you think the 2 players who you left out of your squads are not playing well.
If this is true would love to hear what your reasoning behind that is.
it doesnt mean that at all...the two players in question are maybe playing well, but others are better..

i think shelley and neits are pretty close, but i think karina is playing much better than both...
quigs, in some aspects is playing well, maybe even better, than paps and chapman, but isnt tracking back as well and is struggling to mark her players...sydney will likely be a good attacking team, so it makes sense to put on two defensive minded midfielders (like chapman and paps) who are better at marking rather than the more attack minded quigs, who would be more usefull at directing attacking plays...if we are to soak up the pressure that is (which i said might be an option - remember, it was only a squad suggestion)
If we are not scoring isnt it a problem with the strikers then, not with a defender and a midfielder.
defenders, perhaps not, but without a midfield strikers will really struggle to score at all...it is a team sport.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

bennylava wrote:hang on a minute, just because i dont include people in my imaginary suggested squads, doenst mean i do not rate or like them. we all have our opinions about how the squad should play (i, for example, think ange should start...barnett doesn't)...but it doesnt mean all of the crazy things you've suggested i mean or words youve put in my mouth are true.

By your logic, What The?, i could say that judging by your post you obviously dont rate ange and think she is a crap player who shouldnt play...but thats not true is it? you just didnt mention her.

i do not dislike quigs or rochelle and i don't think theyre crap footballers. if you read my post sensibly instead of moronically (what we've come to expect from you, What The?), youd see i was harmlessly discussing the sydney game next week and how picking the squad should be tough, not which players i dislike and like.

furthermore:
- this is an opinion forum about womens football. if you dont like this, stiff bloody cheese.
- instead of personal attacks, why not say "hey bennylava i disagree with your squads, heres who i think should play and why..what do you think"
- while players might be seemingly playing well, we still haven't won, or scored, and i think it is sensible to discuss other options for the team.

i look forward to hearing your frantic, ill-thought, attacking replies.
hes still upset blacks not playing this year.... :lol: :lol:

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

ha that is true :lol:

slazenger
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by slazenger »

Wow What the? no need for your tone on this forum.
It is an opinionative forum and bennylava has the right to forward his imaginary squad, after all, it is just that.
If you don't like it, here's an idea, PRODUCE YOUR OWN IMAGINARY SQUAD!
And then you can compare. Kcool.

The Random Poster
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

I can just imagine it !

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

The Random Poster wrote:I can just imagine it !
442 formation
quigs
quigs/quigs/quigs/quigs
quigs/quigs/quigs/quigs
quigs/quigs

quiggles
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by quiggles »

best squad ive ever seen :P lol
Football 4 life!!!

The Last Laugh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Last Laugh »

:lol:
Bresciano wrote:Hows it going Monds. Got a feeling u must also post under another name. No-one has that much self disipline.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

quiggles wrote:best squad ive ever seen :P lol
dont use your hands in the penalty box...lol...

The Random Poster
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

You should see who's on the subs bench :D

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

90th min...au 0-6 syd

argus tuft
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by argus tuft »

0-6. What kind of preparation did the have on matchday. Up at 4am , back at 10.30pm same day!

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

united should be treating the team a bit more serious then that!

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

i dont think anyone in their right mind could now argue that this team is fine now.

lack of professionalism perhaps?