ULTRAS

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

ULTRAS

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Lazio fans attack Ballardini

Davide Ballardini insists he has “no reason to feel my job is at risk,” but he had to suspend training today after Lazio fans staged a violent protest.

The Biancocelesti were forced to move their training session to a different side of the Formello complex when 200 furious ultras descended on the team.

The supporters hurled abuse at the players, who they declared were ‘mercenaries’, and allowed two large fireworks to explode just outside the complex.

Lazio are without a Serie A victory in two months and have picked up just four points from the last seven rounds.

This afternoon most of the squad, Coach Ballardini and director of sport Igli Tare met with the fans at the entrance.

Captain Tommaso Rocchi spoke through a megaphone to apologise on behalf of the team and club for the recent poor performances.

“We are also disappointed at what is happening, but do not for one second think that those who step on to that field don’t give their best. From now on we’ll push even harder to get back to winning ways.”

Despite the tense situation and protests, Ballardini was perfectly relaxed in the Press conference ahead of tomorrow’s game with Cagliari.

“I do not feel like I’m on the edge and see no reason to feel my job is at risk,” insisted the Coach.

Director Tare also put his faith in the tactician and tried to reassure the supporters.

“Ballardini will remain 100 per cent until the end of the season. I repeat our Coach is not in doubt, that is certain.

“It’s true we are having problems, but don’t forget we are just five points off the Champions League, doing well in the Europa League, and we have to wait to the end to see where we end up.”
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: ULTRAS

Post by Blue Mastiff »

FIGC chief: 'Capello is wrong'

FIGC President Giancarlo Abete has told Fabio Capello he is “wrong to generalise” about Italian football and its fans.

The England Coach claimed “the Ultras are in command” and ruining the sport in the peninsula.

“If Capello wanted to represent the complexity of Italian football, then this was already well known,” replied Federation chief Abete.

“There have been problems and it would be foolish to underestimate them, but it would also be wrong to generalise by suggesting a minority are the key to everything.

“We must try to safeguard those spectators who go to the stadium with a positive approach.”

The rules have already been relaxed so that clubs can build and own their own stadiums, with Juventus already constructing the new Stadio Delle Alpi.

Abete was also asked to comment on the situation in the Azzurri camp after Marcello Lippi slammed supporters at Parma’s Stadio Tardini for jeering his squad against Cyprus.

“We had a negative experience at the Confederations Cup and learned from that. Now everyone in the Federation has a job to do so we can all prepare for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

“As for the Parma incident, Italian football is accustomed to great results. Qualifying for the World Cup seems natural, but there are many nations who didn’t achieve that like Turkey, Croatia and Sweden.

“Then there are France, Ireland and Portugal who still have to earn their place through the play-offs. Italian football mustn’t rest on its laurels, but always find the strength and motivation to improve.”

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

'Hooligans ruin Capello argument'

CONI President Gianni Petrucci has hit back at Fabio Capello’s criticism of the Italian Ultra’ culture. “Hooligan is an English word…”

The England manager claimed football in the peninsula was run by its hardline supporters and that clubs were afraid of clamping down on the more violent elements.

“The English certainly can’t lecture us about the birth of a sporting culture,” snapped Petrucci, President of the Italian Olympic Committee.

“It is, after all, no coincidence that throughout the world violent fans are known as ‘hooligans’ – an English word.”

He pointed out recent incidents between Middlesbrough and West Ham, Leeds United and Boro as well as last night’s assault on a catering kiosk by Barnsley and Manchester United fans.

“We have made giant leaps forward, as scuffles and public disorder have dropped considerably. Of course there are still a few incidents, but it is not true that clubs are held hostage by the Ultras.

“Just look at [Lazio President Claudio] Lotito, who fought and won a battle with the Ultras of his club. Capello’s statements may have been true years ago, but not now.”

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Italian football is hostage to the Ultras. That’s the general belief of England manager Fabio Capello. The former Juventus boss is right, but only to a point. The image he paints is a bit too drastic, one that doesn’t take into account what has been done in recent years to combat the problem.

From Capello’s words one may get the impression that watching football in Italy is a dangerous hobby. False, calcio stadiums are as safe as many others. The atmosphere in them is just much more liberal, allowing fans to go wild if they want to.

Italian arenas are not the territory of Ultras either. Children and families can comfortably go, as long as they avoid those stands where the hardcore fans are going to make the atmosphere less comfortable for them. The average attendances have also increased in recent seasons, with the number of incidents decreasing.

Capello also mentioned the English style, which is so popular in Italy nowadays. Do we really want calcio to follow that path? If anything, I would rather have it the German way. It is no secret, as stats will prove, that the Bundesliga has found the best possible solution in Europe.

English stadiums are boring to me, as well as incredibly expensive. If there is a good crowd then it gets a bit better, but it is nothing comparable to what you get in Italy where the Ultras prepare the scenario for weeks before a big game. Some may say this is the price of security, I disagree. Calcio must keep its characteristics while improving the surroundings.

Ultimately, try and watch Roma-Lazio at the Olimpico and Liverpool-Manchester United at Anfield, some of the finest football events around. As a result you will have two different and contrasting experiences.

In the Curva Sud there will be supporters jumping and singing, fireworks, banners and flags of all sorts, in what makes a fascinating and unique atmosphere. In the Kop fans will sing as loud as they can but that’s as far as it gets because they will hold back – not quite the same is it. In the UK it feels like going to the theatre, but supporters are looking for a different experience otherwise they would just stay at home.

Do we want calcio to follow the EPL commercial format? I would rather us study a different way to make our grounds safe while keeping the tifosi heart beating as fast as it does now.

Thryle 7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Thryle 7 »

bravo IRR....
ImageImage

Badragas
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Badragas »

Blue Mastiff wrote:Italian football is hostage to the Ultras. That’s the general belief of England manager Fabio Capello. The former Juventus boss is right, but only to a point. The image he paints is a bit too drastic, one that doesn’t take into account what has been done in recent years to combat the problem.

From Capello’s words one may get the impression that watching football in Italy is a dangerous hobby. False, calcio stadiums are as safe as many others. The atmosphere in them is just much more liberal, allowing fans to go wild if they want to.

Italian arenas are not the territory of Ultras either. Children and families can comfortably go, as long as they avoid those stands where the hardcore fans are going to make the atmosphere less comfortable for them. The average attendances have also increased in recent seasons, with the number of incidents decreasing.

Capello also mentioned the English style, which is so popular in Italy nowadays. Do we really want calcio to follow that path? If anything, I would rather have it the German way. It is no secret, as stats will prove, that the Bundesliga has found the best possible solution in Europe.

English stadiums are boring to me, as well as incredibly expensive. If there is a good crowd then it gets a bit better, but it is nothing comparable to what you get in Italy where the Ultras prepare the scenario for weeks before a big game. Some may say this is the price of security, I disagree. Calcio must keep its characteristics while improving the surroundings.

Ultimately, try and watch Roma-Lazio at the Olimpico and Liverpool-Manchester United at Anfield, some of the finest football events around. As a result you will have two different and contrasting experiences.

In the Curva Sud there will be supporters jumping and singing, fireworks, banners and flags of all sorts, in what makes a fascinating and unique atmosphere. In the Kop fans will sing as loud as they can but that’s as far as it gets because they will hold back – not quite the same is it. In the UK it feels like going to the theatre, but supporters are looking for a different experience otherwise they would just stay at home.

Do we want calcio to follow the EPL commercial format? I would rather us study a different way to make our grounds safe while keeping the tifosi heart beating as fast as it does now.
Just stumbled accross this......Capello is right! but i wouldnt have it any other way..its what makes italian soccer culture! Ultras have a lot of power in italy...just look at the classic roma lazio derby few years ago when game was suspended....in terms of atmosphere....no one goes to stadiums any more...they are always half empty!!! which is sad, unless you go to big derby, but still not like it used to be....dont know if any of you have been to serie a games....but it is not totally safe place to bring your family and children....of course you could not go in curva sud with a child...but the other end or distinti is no better! I certainly would not want children exposed to being passivley stoned!!! If you have money and can afford 50 euro plus to go in tribuna, then sure great place for family.....(im making ref here to stadio olimpico)

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I recently went over and watched Napoli vs Bologna @ San Paolo and was at the Italy vs Cyprus game in Parma thats in question.

Re: Napoli vs Bologna. Badragas, you make a great point about buying tickets to the Tribuna. I paid 69 Euro's to sit in the Tribuna Posillipo (which is behind the coaches box at San Paolo) - I chose to do so because I had my wife with me and didnt know what it would be like in Curva A or B or in the opposite Tribuna. It just seemed the safe option (her ticket in the same spot was only 40 Euro!!!) At no time did we feel threatened were we were - what was amazing though, was the crowd - I had never attended a game in Europe - we spent the first 5 minutes of the game completely fascinated with the Curva A and B and their chanting, singing, flares, flags and bombs!!!! It was absolutely unbelievable - my wife enjoyed every minute of it. (the fact that Napoli snatched it at the death made it even better) Official attendance 45 thousand (just over half full). I have been to AFL finals at AAMI, AFL grand finals, Olympic events, you name it, but there was more atmosphere and noise than anything I have experienced.

Re: Italy vs Parma, we had Tribuna seats, but chose to sit behind the goals (good choice, Gilardino scored his hat trick right in front of us). Again, more atmosphere than any footy game and the funny thing was, that the game was a dead rubber!!!! Yes, the players were whistled at times, but that was more for the fact that Lippi unbelieveably refuses to "Metta Cassano".

Again did not feel in danger with some Parma Ultras there for the game, prob 10 metres away, but reckon we got a contact high!!!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

have been at a Napoli game in the curva b whilst ultras burnt chairs in protest against the old president, they also made a enourmous cock out of polystyrene and chanted "questo cazzo e tutti per patrizia" (the presidents wife), abused thier players, you name it.

but on the flip side i have been at games where the atmosphere is the complete opposite & believe me there is nothing like being amongst the curva in full chorus and full colour.

For those who can understand this song pretty much sums it up.

NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
FORZA NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
LA MIA NAPOLI NAPOLI
'NA BANDIERA TUTT'AZZURRA
C'ARRASSUMIGLIA 'O CIELO
E 'O MARE 'E STA CITTA'
FORZA NAPOLI
INT'ALL'UOCCHIE 'E STI GUAGLIUNE
CA SE SCORDENE 'E PROBLEME
E SE METTENE A CANTA'
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
QUEI RAGAZZI DELLA CURVA B
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
NU STRISCIONE DICE SIAMO QUI
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
LA MIA NAPOLI NAPOLI
E' 'NA CASA CHISTU STADIO
PARIMME 'NA FAMIGLIA
SULTANTO DINT''E CCA
VIECCHIE E GIUVANE
CERCANO DINT''A NU PALLONE
NU POCO 'E PACE NU' JUORNO NUOVO
CA SE CHIAMMA LIBERTA'
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
QUEI RAGAZZI DELLA CURVA B
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI
TU SI' TUTTO CHELLA CA VOGLIO IO
NAPOLI NAPOLI NAPOLI

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

Never had a problem in Curva Nord at the San Siro and wouldn't want to watch the game from anywhere else.

Probably pays to be understand how the Curva works though, there are places within the Curva that you leave for the regulars. Suspose it's also depends on what type of person you are as well.

Personally I find Hindley St on a Friday or Saturday night a lot worse than any curva.
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Badragas

Post by Badragas »

being in any curva, is not dangerous in my opinion...in fact its unifying and secure....going with your mates everyone on the same level...is something we will NEVER HAVE IN AUSTRALIA!!! the danger is outside the stadiums, train stations etc...for visiting supporters!