Unley & Immanuel Wed/thurs leagues

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Unley & Immanuel Wed/thurs leagues

Post by Red-4-Life »

Anyone play in them??

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Unley & Immanuel Wed/thurs leagues

Post by Litmanen »

I've been playing there for nearly 7 years on and off.

The standard is poor for the most part, and it's 53 dollars a game.

I think it's great for a social team though ( I normally fill-in for some of my friends), the court is fairly small, and considering the referees are young for the most part, they do a better job than some of the "certified" refs i've seen.

The rules are also modified by the guy that runs it, but for the most part it is run well.

I'd give it a go if you live nearby. I guess it depends on your level. are you guys playing anywhere now?

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Im playing on thursday nights in the C grade for DNMV. I came late into the team and have only played 3 games. Games are played at both immanuel and unley, it varies.

Yes i hate how you cannot slide at all to even score, thats cost us a game this year. Fair enough you cant slide tackle but you should be able to slide for the ball as long as no one is being put in danger.

and the refereeing their can be very half assed...unprofessional is the word.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Red-4-Life wrote:Im playing on thursday nights in the C grade for DNMV. I came late into the team and have only played 3 games. Games are played at both immanuel and unley, it varies.

Yes i hate how you cannot slide at all to even score, thats cost us a game this year. Fair enough you cant slide tackle but you should be able to slide for the ball as long as no one is being put in danger.

and the refereeing their can be very half assed...unprofessional is the word.

That's the nature of the competition though. They used to have awards for best player and most goals, but they took them away because it made the game too "competitive".

The refereeing isn't that bad after a while, it just takes some adjustment to get used to it, the rules are soft, so it's more the rules than the refereeing that's bad for the most part.

Perosnally i find it good for a lazy kick, you don't have to run much, and all you have to do is turn one player and shoot, if you want to improve though, you should head out to Magill.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

nah i just want to play for fun, im an FFSA referee so thats my main aim to develop in, although i did think about FUTSAL at one stage.

Last year, we had a ref who pretty much called me a chardonnay, lied, ruled a goal that clearly wasnt and were happily talking to the other team at half time...all in one game this was. Put in a complaint...havent seen them since :P

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Red-4-Life wrote:nah i just want to play for fun, im an FFSA referee so thats my main aim to develop in, although i did think about FUTSAL at one stage.

Last year, we had a ref who pretty much called me a chardonnay, lied, ruled a goal that clearly wasnt and were happily talking to the other team at half time...all in one game this was. Put in a complaint...havent seen them since :P

The refs are players from other teams basically, but i think they do a decent job considering, i don't like the management, but i dont mind some of the refs ( mainly because they play too, so they see the game from both sides at times).

Again it's not bad for a kickaround, the comp is very organised.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

yeah and a massive rip off :P most refs are okay, but you can tell that there are some who dont care. But this season has been alright, just from previous experience i say this. Anyway, my team are winless so lets not go there :P got very unlucky last week, dominated and lost 2-1 :(

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Red-4-Life wrote:yeah and a massive rip off :P most refs are okay, but you can tell that there are some who dont care. But this season has been alright, just from previous experience i say this. Anyway, my team are winless so lets not go there :P got very unlucky last week, dominated and lost 2-1 :(

You're the young guys in the white tops? i watched your match before i filled in for the other team, you guys missed two sitters as soon as i walked in.. I must have been a bad luck charm.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

yeah mate that was us...i did a nice flick to set up one of those misses..we were devo!
I was the player with the Torres top on and Red socks :P

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

10.10pm game tonight....WTF :(

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Red-4-Life wrote:10.10pm game tonight....WTF :(

I played at 10:10 on court two. Unley was crazy last night. One guy got banned for four weeks for mouthing off at the ref, and one guy kept slipping in and out of consciousness with a torn hammy.

Were you on court three? i saw some guy go sliding into the concrete wall at one point.. seemed accidental though.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Litmanen wrote:

I played at 10:10 on court two. Unley was crazy last night. One guy got banned for four weeks for mouthing off at the ref, and one guy kept slipping in and out of consciousness with a torn hammy.

Were you on court three? i saw some guy go sliding into the concrete wall at one point.. seemed accidental though.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

courtesy of a push by me :D i nearly got sent off for pushing him into the wall!! but this guy elbowed one of our players in the face. we lost 10-6. but there was a fight just before half time, 2 send offs! was pretty full on stuff. i think its funny when guys who are 5-10 years older than you think they can start a fight

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Red-4-Life wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

courtesy of a push by me :D i nearly got sent off for pushing him into the wall!! but this guy elbowed one of our players in the face. we lost 10-6. but there was a fight just before half time, 2 send offs! was pretty full on stuff. i think its funny when guys who are 5-10 years older than you think they can start a fight
It doesnt matter who can start fights, it matters who has the ability to finish them :wink:
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Red-4-Life wrote:
Litmanen wrote:

It doesnt matter who can start fights, it matters who has the ability to finish them :wink:

the Refs with red cards :P

SkinninKents
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SkinninKents »

watch for ruth FC if your there sunday, to carpark fights out of three games, and there still not kicked out cant see how this is happening