Question

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Question

Post by dinozoff »

why is it when a keeper walks to get a ball thats gone out for a goal kick and walks back to the 6 yard line to take a kick some reffs view that as time wasting? where in the rule book does it say that the kepper/player has to jog/run to collect and bring the ball back?

and

if a goal keeper wishes to change positions with someone on the field does that count as a sub? do they have to swap shirts? etc
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Mister Miyagi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Question

Post by Mister Miyagi »

There's time wasting and there's time wasting. I've been given the signal to move it on after going to fetch a ball the opposition has booted out into row Z and thought that's a bit harsh.

As for the latter, it's not a sub if the two players were already on the park and remain on the park after the switch. The do have to swap shirts so that the keeper has a different color to everyone else.
Colossus wrote:You arent priviliged enough just yet to have my forum name anywhere near your sig so heres your first and last chance to rid of it quick smart sunshine before someone gets rid of you first :wink: :D
Thankyou kindly 8)

dinozoff
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dinozoff »

Mister Miyagi wrote:There's time wasting and there's time wasting. I've been given the signal to move it on after going to fetch a ball the opposition has booted out into row Z and thought that's a bit harsh.

As for the latter, it's not a sub if the two players were already on the park and remain on the park after the switch. The do have to swap shirts so that the keeper has a different color to everyone else.

but then the names and number are diffrent on the team sheet..........
Dan Birdwell - You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

dinozoff wrote:
Mister Miyagi wrote:There's time wasting and there's time wasting. I've been given the signal to move it on after going to fetch a ball the opposition has booted out into row Z and thought that's a bit harsh.

but then the names and number are diffrent on the team sheet..........
The ref would merely make a note of it. Its not like if the keeper on the team sheet suddenly earned himself a red card, that the player who was wearing the number initially would be sent off or suspended. Having said that, some refs out these, you never know what they are capable of!
:wink:
Ignore this signature

Mister Miyagi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mister Miyagi »

(b) The shirts of players must bear a distinctive number corresponding to the number
show on the team’s team sheet. No two players may wear the same number except
that where a goalkeeper is injured or changes position and is replaced in goal by an
outfield player, it shall not be necessary for that outfield player to wear a shirt
Colossus wrote:You arent priviliged enough just yet to have my forum name anywhere near your sig so heres your first and last chance to rid of it quick smart sunshine before someone gets rid of you first :wink: :D
Thankyou kindly 8)

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Mister Miyagi wrote:
(b) The shirts of players must bear a distinctive number corresponding to the number
show on the team’s team sheet. No two players may wear the same number except
that where a goalkeeper is injured or changes position and is replaced in goal by an
outfield player, it shall not be necessary for that outfield player to wear a shirt
So he can wear "skins"?? :shock: :wink:
Ignore this signature

Mister Miyagi
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Mister Miyagi »

I thought that was odd too when I read it. That's what it says word for word on the SAASL website.
Thankyou kindly 8)