Villa Vs Wanderers

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

muzzle
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Villa Vs Wanderers

Post by muzzle »

Any one know why the two above clubs didnt play on the weekend?

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Villa Vs Wanderers

Post by Wraith »

muzzle wrote:Any one know why the two above clubs didnt play on the weekend?
Game called off 15 mins into 2nd half. Look at results thread for further info.

muzzle
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by muzzle »

cheers mate!!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

muzzle wrote:Any one know why the two above clubs didnt play on the weekend?
Put a muzzle on it. I thought you had been told to keep quiet about the weekend's 'incident'. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

So what was the outcome here? I was just looking at the Division One table, and it's madness atm. 4 points between top and 8th, with only Vipers and Stirling seemingly out of the race for the title.

A win for Wanderers moves them from 8th to 2nd, a win for Adelaide Villa moves them from 6th to 1st. A draw moves Villa to 4th and Wanderers to 7th, and would leave 3 points separating the top 8 :shock:
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Kitchimo wrote:So what was the outcome here? I was just looking at the Division One table, and it's madness atm. 4 points between top and 8th, with only Vipers and Stirling seemingly out of the race for the title.

A win for Wanderers moves them from 8th to 2nd, a win for Adelaide Villa moves them from 6th to 1st. A draw moves Villa to 4th and Wanderers to 7th, and would leave 3 points separating the top 8 :shock:

Game has been cancelled and both teams are awarded 0 points!
absolute disgusting decision from the SAASL, it sets up a dangerous precedent.
As far as I know, both teams are not happy, and are in process of contesting the decision from sassl.
stay tuned, this is gonna get interesting!

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Chivas wrote:
Kitchimo wrote:So what was the outcome here? I was just looking at the Division One table, and it's madness atm. 4 points between top and 8th, with only Vipers and Stirling seemingly out of the race for the title.

As far as I know, both teams are not happy, and are in process of contesting the decision from sassl.
What do u think the outcome should be chivas i thnk the saasl did the right thing here for once
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Chivas wrote:

*sigh*

Championships

Cups

ryesmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ryesmith »

Sounds like the right decision to me - SAASL shouldn't buckle to any pressure and stand by the decision. Dangerous precedent? More like a resounding message to teams to keep it's supporters and players in line!

soccerman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by soccerman »

the message is if your losing start a fight and then the other team doesnt get any points either

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by I Am Number Two »

soccerman wrote:the message is if your losing start a fight and then the other team doesnt get any points either
Maybe it was determined that the team that was winning started the fight?

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

Or based on the referee's report the SAASL deemed both to be at fault.

soccerman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by soccerman »

i was not there so i dont know any more than has been written on here. so i dont know who started what.
i was meaning if this was to happen again it sets a precedent for the future which could have other motives behind it
eg if you would prefer team a to win the league, and they are one point ahead of team b, just start a fight with team b, no points are awarded for that match , team a wins a championship.

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

soccerman wrote:i was not there so i dont know any more than has been written on here. so i dont know who started what.
Say no more. All you can do is speculate.

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
soccerman wrote:i was not there so i dont know any more than has been written on here. so i dont know who started what.
Say no more. All you can do is speculate.
Were you there Bodo?
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

Fresh Football wrote:Were you there Bodo?
No (which is why I haven't said this should be done or that shouldn't be done). The only abandoned matches I have seen are Black Eagles v Simba Of Congo (pitch invasion), Navarino v Fc Adelaide (fight between two players) and Mount Barker v Fc Adelaide (lightening). The last one was due to weather and consequently replayed. I think the SAASL made the right decision on the other two.

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

Chivas wrote:

:lol:

Just cop it on the chin and leave the fighting out of it, :clown:

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

i was meaning if this was to happen again it sets a precedent for the future which could have other motives behind it
eg if you would prefer team a to win the league, and they are one point ahead of team b, just start a fight with team b, no points are awarded for that match , team a wins a championship.
organised fighting?! I don't think any team in any div will stoop to that level.

it's safe to say the right decision was made here to prevent the same happening again. There was a fight on the weekend in our game with Wanderers, a few punches thrown by them more than us, but it ended very quickly and probably because they didn't want to have the same thing happen again.

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
organised fighting?! I don't think any team in any div will stoop to that level.

it's safe to say the right decision was made here to prevent the same happening again. There was a fight on the weekend in our game with Wanderers, a few punches thrown by them more than us, but it ended very quickly and probably because they didn't want to have the same thing happen again.
So, 2 fights this season involving the Wanderers, interesting...... :shock:

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

Jean Claude wrote:
Lucas Leiva wrote:

So, 2 fights this season involving the Wanderers, interesting...... :shock:
exactly right, WTF is going on, is it the same player loosing it??

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Depends if the same player was kicked in the face against Villa :lol:
Last edited by Kitchimo on Tue May 25, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Championships

Cups

wacker
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wacker »

Lucas Leiva wrote:

Villa V Wanderers, we all know it was instigated by Villa, shame the ref did not show some balls and send off the Villa PLAYERS involved and then let the game carry on.

Vipers you make me laugh, one of your players breaks a Wanderers players nose by dangerous play, the injured players just gets up and carries on. One of your players blatently kicked another Wanderers player, the Wanderers player retaliates, but no worse than what your player had just done to him and the Vipers player is rolling around on the ground. The two players get booked, two other Wanderers players get booked for trying to calm matters down.

If you think that is a fight go to David Jones when the sales are on, its over more than handbags

Dad's Army
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dad's Army »

wacker wrote:shame the ref did not show some balls and send off the PLAYERS involved
Like that incident in the reserves game against Bosa where the referee chose not to see it?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

wacker wrote:
Lucas Leiva wrote:

Villa V Wanderers, we all know it was instigated by Villa, shame the ref did not show some balls and send off the Villa PLAYERS involved and then let the game carry on.

Vipers you make me laugh, one of your players breaks a Wanderers players nose by dangerous play, the injured players just gets up and carries on. One of your players blatently kicked another Wanderers player, the Wanderers player retaliates, but no worse than what your player had just done to him and the Vipers player is rolling around on the ground. The two players get booked, two other Wanderers players get booked for trying to calm matters down.

If you think that is a fight go to David Jones when the sales are on, its over more than handbags

maybe u SHOULD read the referees statement of who started the fight
:clown:

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
wacker wrote:shame the ref did not show some balls and send off the PLAYERS involved
Like that incident in the reserves game against Bosa where the referee chose not to see it?

that referee is the BIGGEST cheat u will ever come across.
Not only does he turn a blind eye to most things from the home team, he also runs the line in the A team. If he can manage to stumble along the line. Against Villa, he was pissed before half time, and at half time, took another few beers before stumbling onto pitch for second half.

if wanderers want to b taken seriously this year, they NEED to replace the B ref and the A linesman! This clown is causing more harm than good. If Only their president was back at the club!!!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

my point exactly!

it will b interesting to see, if and when this happens again!

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Chivas wrote:that referee is the BIGGEST cheat u will ever come across.
Not only does he turn a blind eye to most things from the home team, he also runs the line in the A team. If he can manage to stumble along the line. Against Villa, he was pissed before half time, and at half time, took another few beers before stumbling onto pitch for second half.

if wanderers want to b taken seriously this year, they NEED to replace the B ref and the A linesman! This clown is causing more harm than good. If Only their president was back at the club!!!
I'm not too sure whether he is a cheat, he may be, but he just has NFI honestly.

Fair call that the Wanderers guys were cracking it with him too, but having a ref like that does nothing for your club, and only allows for the control to be lost in the game. In my opinion, take some action and get a half decent club ref in, his intentions may be there but he can not officiate correctly.

And it was beyond a joke for the A's, he was flagging off side but not even moving, luckily the ref had some sense and didn't take him into account.

I'm not bagging the club for one moment, just giving some feedback.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

crue head wrote:
Chivas wrote:that referee is the BIGGEST cheat u will ever come across.

I'm not too sure whether he is a cheat, he may be, but he just has NFI honestly.

Fair call that the Wanderers guys were cracking it with him too, but having a ref like that does nothing for your club, and only allows for the control to be lost in the game. In my opinion, take some action and get a half decent club ref in, his intentions may be there but he can not officiate correctly.

And it was beyond a joke for the A's, he was flagging off side but not even moving, luckily the ref had some sense and didn't take him into account.

I'm not bagging the club for one moment, just giving some feedback.

see what i mean, the guy was blatantly cheating and flagged offside a couple of times in the A team.
He is ONLY causing more harm than good, and if Wanderers were serious about changing their image, they would take actions against him!

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

Yep and Villa are completely blameless in this... :roll:

It takes two to tango :clown:

wacker
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wacker »

Bodø Glimt wrote:

Like someone else mentioned before BODO, you were not there, so do not comment, I think Bodes has already put a seperate post on this matter, just think you are a very BUSY person