Best Junior Coach

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

joejoejoe
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Best Junior Coach

Post by joejoejoe »

To Rabbit,Big Mac,6,Silent P,Barney & anyone else who took offence about anything I posted,said,suggested,thought of saying or complained about last week.
My sincere apologies.....sorry guys but i was on the rags real big time !!!
Whoops....put my foot in it again...this is a Junior Forum !!!
:roll: :wink: :!: :clown:
p.s. and i wont take offence to anyone who tells me to stick my apology up my shiraz or wherever else !!!
Great Junior Finals day yesterday and good to see some of the 15 year olds and other younger boys who played in the under 19´s Final on Saturday play so well considering the age difference.
:D :D :D

DONK
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by DONK »

coaches at recent renmark country championships were fairly shabby

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

joejoejoe wrote:To Rabbit,Big Mac,6,Silent P,Barney & anyone else who took offence about anything I posted,said,suggested,thought of saying or complained about last week.
My sincere apologies.....sorry guys but i was on the rags real big time !!!
Whoops....put my foot in it again...this is a Junior Forum !!!
:roll: :wink: :!: :clown:
p.s. and i wont take offence to anyone who tells me to stick my apology up my shiraz or wherever else !!!
Great Junior Finals day yesterday and good to see some of the 15 year olds and other younger boys who played in the under 19´s Final on Saturday play so well considering the age difference.
:D :D :D
Bad day at the office eh :lol:

No offence taken but impressed if some of the boys playing yesterday also played in the U19's on saturday 8)

There is an asperation for your son to aim for :D

Hey i may of even been sitting behind you :shock:

Thought ABE did well and suprised themselves when they took the lead but all credit to Birks for re-starting the game plan and going after the game.

Oh, and besides if i didn't like your post i would of posted a joke after it :wink:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Well done Mark Zito u/12 JPL Cup Winner.
The boy's played fantastic.

Mark Zito is Best Junior Coach
1/ Top of the table
2/ got the boys to kanga cup final
3/ won jpl cup
4/ developed the team
5/ brought up 3 under age players
6/ taugh them to play fantastic soccer

Best Junior Coach

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

best wrote:Well done Mark Zito u/12 JPL Cup Winner.

Excellent U12 Coach
Edited for accuracy
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

:lol: :lol: Is this thread still going? :lol: :roll: :lol:
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

I'm really not too sure....all they had to do was ask me :P

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

joejoejoe wrote:
Jeda wrote::idea: here within this thread lies the reason to the failure of young talent reaching maturity :arrow: selfish parents & coaches :oops: who gives a toss which coach is the best, chardonnays :P the best coach is not the coach of a team that wins every week or every torunament :clown: :clown: its the coach that produces elite senior players :idea:
your all a waste of space & shouldn't be anywhere near football kids :(
The best coach is the one who coaches the team that gets belted every week,never wins a tournament,comes bottom of the D division,has kids messing around in the training sessions,parents arguing that little Johny should play in his favorite position and play more minutes etc. and who has a theory like yours.
Yes, parents and kids do give a toss about who are the better/best coaches especially if the kid has natural talent or has had good previous coaching/development or is a good player who wants to learn and loves the game.
If they have had the bad experience of having had one of our many bad,useless,unfair,incompetent and self centered coaches they will not want to experience that ever again.
So, its the coach that produces elite senior players?..does the coach that coached him in U6´ get any credit or does he have to coach him right through to U17´s? Should only the coach who coached him the season before he became an elite senior player get the vote? :? :?: :?
For the kids sake hopefully you are not a coach,assistant,manager or junior coordinator etc.but just one of those people who shouts out chardonnay when the decision doesn't go your way !!!
Besides coaching staff clubs need lots of other help like marking the lines,putting up the nets,clearing bins and cleaning toilets to name a few.Do yourself and the kids at your club a favour,help with those jobs as you dont seem to be smart enough to be involved with much else.
Go back to sleep and wake up in the real world as obviously you're mixed up muddled up !!!
:oops:
I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

Jeda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jeda »

I do not know which makes a man more conservative—to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
- John Maynard Keynes

joejoejoe
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by joejoejoe »

Jeda wrote:
joejoejoe wrote:
Jeda wrote::idea: here within this thread lies the reason to the failure of young talent reaching maturity :arrow: selfish parents & coaches :oops: who gives a toss which coach is the best, chardonnays :P the best coach is not the coach of a team that wins every week or every torunament :clown: :clown: its the coach that produces elite senior players :idea:
your all a waste of space & shouldn't be anywhere near football kids :(
The best coach is the one who coaches the team that gets belted every week,never wins a tournament,comes bottom of the D division,has kids messing around in the training sessions,parents arguing that little Johny should play in his favorite position and play more minutes etc. and who has a theory like yours.
Yes, parents and kids do give a toss about who are the better/best coaches especially if the kid has natural talent or has had good previous coaching/development or is a good player who wants to learn and loves the game.
If they have had the bad experience of having had one of our many bad,useless,unfair,incompetent and self centered coaches they will not want to experience that ever again.
So, its the coach that produces elite senior players?..does the coach that coached him in U6´ get any credit or does he have to coach him right through to U17´s? Should only the coach who coached him the season before he became an elite senior player get the vote? :? :?: :?
For the kids sake hopefully you are not a coach,assistant,manager or junior coordinator etc.but just one of those people who shouts out chardonnay when the decision doesn't go your way !!!
Besides coaching staff clubs need lots of other help like marking the lines,putting up the nets,clearing bins and cleaning toilets to name a few.Do yourself and the kids at your club a favour,help with those jobs as you dont seem to be smart enough to be involved with much else.
Go back to sleep and wake up in the real world as obviously you're mixed up muddled up !!!
:oops:
The 1st part was sarcasm,the 2nd was opinion,suggestion,question,fact or however you took it.
Besides an apology has been given if you happen to have taken offence to the reply about your comment ¨you are all a waste of space and shouldnt be anywhere near football kids ¨ so can we move on ???
None of this refers to the Cumberland 14a thread posts and or replies.
:? :? :? :wink:

Stonthialo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Stonthialo »

Too many excellent junior coaches in the system, so therefore impossible to name just one. You shouldn't be just looking at results, but more importantly the way the team plays and the attitude it demonstrates.
Σκατά στα μουτρα σου

clubman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by clubman »

oohnanahiya wrote:
grumbly wrote:My wife hase the best a$$ of any coach I know..... does that count?
your wife aside, I'd say that guy from CTown who's got the 14a's - he's had this team since the 12's i think and had them playing "bootyfool" football.
this year they've dropped a couple but he's still a top junior coach. kids actually play for him.

Heard rumors drago is leaving ctown
does anyone know were he is going and if it is true

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

it's true going to metros

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oohnanahiya »

best wrote:it's true going to metros
can you add anything more to this??
juniors? seniors? canteen? curator?

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

oohnanahiya wrote:
can you add anything more to this??
juniors? seniors? canteen? curator?
Yes all of these roles :wink:
He's going to be a busy man.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Has he left the building

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

GONE :D :D :D :D

best
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by best »

Raiders have picked up a major asset in Carl Maynard.
If anyone has seen or have been coached by Carl, they will know just how good he is

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

best wrote:Raiders have picked up a major asset in Carl Maynard.
If anyone has seen or have been coached by Carl, they will know just how good he is
Interesting if true. I thought Kossie was staying at Raiders, so Carl has left Galaxy to do what?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Interesting if true. I thought Kossie was staying at Raiders, so Carl has left Galaxy to do what?
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... =7&t=48824
Time for some righteous indignation

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stitch This wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Interesting if true. I thought Kossie was staying at Raiders, so Carl has left Galaxy to do what?
Thanks, I just found it. An odd decision IMO to go from Seniors to "Development" Coach but a great result for Raiders.

Carl must like Jaeger bombs.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:
Thanks, I just found it. An odd decision IMO to go from Seniors to "Development" Coach but a great result for Raiders.

Carl must like Jaeger bombs.
Maybe Seniors is not the most enjoyable place to coach at times :!:

Lets face it... politics more politics and lots of over paided big egoed players that want to play Bootiful and Fightball and don't want to be taught sweet Faaaaark all or teach a group of young talented kids how to play football....mmm which one whould you pick :wink: :wink:

Go Raiders now Kossie and Carl who next :idea:

New Boy On The Block
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by New Boy On The Block »

Drago?

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

:lol:
Time for some righteous indignation

Bresciano
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bresciano »

What age group is he coaching at Metros?

Clubsport
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Clubsport »

1/ Top of the table
3/ won jpl cup
4/ developed the team

Best Junior Coach
I think the best junior coach going around , would have to be Adelaide City's U17's coach.
Have watched his teams , from U10 through to U17,s and if my memory serves me right , I don,t think any of his teams have ever lost a JPL grand final yet, but more importantly , I have seen some of his players make the next step at senior level.

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Clubsport wrote:

1/ Top of the table
3/ won jpl cup
4/ developed the team

Best Junior Coach
I think the best junior coach going around , would have to be Adelaide City's U17's coach.
Have watched his teams , from U10 through to U17,s and if my memory serves me right , I don,t think any of his teams have ever lost a JPL grand final yet, but more importantly , I have seen some of his players make the next step at senior level.
Well that has to be a gold star in his corner then.

Lets face it, THAT is successful coaching when that is achieved.
Less so if they have only been there a year though.

through the ranks and into seniors should be a fair target for all junior coaches to set their goals . :)

IMHOA
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

SID
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SID »

who are the players that have made the next step to senior ranks ? Are you talking 1st team or just to under 19's.....

oohnanahiya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by oohnanahiya »

Barney Rubble wrote:
Clubsport wrote:

1/ Top of the table
3/ won jpl cup
4/ developed the team

Best Junior Coach
Well that has to be a gold star in his corner then.

Lets face it, THAT is successful coaching when that is achieved.
Less so if they have only been there a year though.

through the ranks and into seniors should be a fair target for all junior coaches to set their goals . :) IMHOA
some clubs could have the best junior coaches in the world but unless the "hierachy" was willing to promote these kids into their senior ranks rather than go out and buy players when gaps needed filling then this thread etc is just a waste of time. you know who you are.

Philanthropist
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Philanthropist »

through the ranks and into seniors should be a fair target for all junior coaches to set their goals . :) IMHOA[/quote]

some clubs could have the best junior coaches in the world but unless the "hierachy" was willing to promote these kids into their senior ranks rather than go out and buy players when gaps needed filling then this thread etc is just a waste of time. you know who you are.[/quote]

Which clubs buy players? How much do they pay for them & where do they come from? I can't see a bloke from Spain coming over to play on a lucrative contract with Western Strikers. Surely the majority of players playing in the state have come from junior clubs in Adelaide..