Schwarzer

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

takeonthekeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Schwarzer

Post by takeonthekeeper »

AUSTRALIAN goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has pleaded with Fulham to let him join fellow Londoners Arsenal.

Schwarzer has been the subject of repeated bids from Gunner's boss Arsene Wenger, but Fulham have consistently rejected his approaches.

However, Schwarzer has pleaded with Cottagers manager Mark Hughes to let him leave.

"I need it to happen," Schwarzer told the Daily Telegraph. "I've had a couple of chats with Mark (Hughes). It's delicately poised. Who wouldn't be keen to go to Arsenal?

"At this stage in my career it's an amazing opportunity to play at that level and one I really want to take. Only time will tell whether that happens or not."

Wenger is determined to sign a new custodian with the Frenchman reportedly unhappy with current goalkeeping options Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski.

At the age of 37, Schwarzer feels that his last chance to join a big club and potentially play in the European Champions League is slipping away from him.

He is expected to hold talks with new Fulham boss Hughes as soon as possible about a move to the Emirates Stadium.

But the former Boro keeper denied allegations that he would sit out Fulham's Premier League opener against Bolton on the weekend.

"I have never sat out a game (to prove a point) and never would. But it needs to be resolved sooner rather than later," Schwarzer said.

"I'm not sure whether I'll play (for Fulham) on the weekend. I've got a few little injury problems but we'll have to wait and see how I pull up when I return to London."

Schwarzer felt a move to Arsenal was guaranteed after former Fulham boss Roy Hodgson ensured the shot-stopper that he would help the move along.

Hodgson soon moved to Liverpool and new Cottagers boss Hughes ruled out selling the Australian.

"It's taken a long time and the season's very close," Schwarzer said.

"On one hand you understand them not wanting to disrupt too many things but I want things resolved as quickly as possible."
"My Legs Sort Of Dissapered From Nowhere"