Pass back

This forum is for the discussion of other football topics including Futsal, Indoor Soccer, 7-a-side, Referees and Rules of the Game

Moderator: Forum Admins

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Pass back

Post by Loppermann »

Just wondering, why is it not considered pass back if it is a header? I thought the rule was that if it was deliberately played back to the keeper it is an indirect free kick?
Does it have to be off the foot for it to pass back or something?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Pass back

Post by Bomber »

I cant believe you dont know! :shock:
Ignore this signature

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Bomber wrote:I cant believe you dont know! :shock:
Hey,some referees are still unsure. One referee told me if the ball is played back to the Goalkeeper,from the waist down ( any part of your leg basically )and the GK cannot pick it up. If the ball comes off your stomach ,chest or head,the GK can pick it up.
Lo and behold,the following week,a player chested it to the Goalkeeper and the referee blew up for an indirect free kick when the GK picked it up ???
My rule book is bit old ( Birdwood Mill want it back )maybe someone who has an updated rule book, can clarify the ruling please.Thankyou.

Loppermann
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Loppermann »

explain then

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Loppermann wrote:
explain then

You will find it here (try page 35 for a start). In a nutshell rule says "from a kick" - Thus meaning from the foot/lower leg.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... 0_11_e.pdf
Ignore this signature

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

Here's one for you, what happens if a goalkeeper throws it onto the head of his defender and catches it again thereby restarting his 6 seconds?

Lets see who gets it!

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

Randoman wrote:Here's one for you, what happens if a goalkeeper throws it onto the head of his defender and catches it again thereby restarting his 6 seconds?

Lets see who gets it!
Indirect free kick to the other team (and a yellow card to the defender) for circumventing the LOTG (aka Unsporting Behaviour)...

Waygtdwyl
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Waygtdwyl »

rooboy1986 wrote:Indirect free kick to the other team (and a yellow card to the defender) for circumventing the LOTG (aka Unsporting Behaviour)...
Shouldn't the keeper get the yellow card because he caught it? Surely the defender can head it in any direction he wants.
What are you going to do with your life?

Randoman
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Randoman »

Both correct. I think both players would be up for a booking as they are both acting unsportingly if the referee deems they both know what they're doing.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I doubt Damo could head it accurately enough to get it back to Carl. Worth a try though. :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

Waygtdwyl wrote:
rooboy1986 wrote:Indirect free kick to the other team (and a yellow card to the defender) for circumventing the LOTG (aka Unsporting Behaviour)...
Shouldn't the keeper get the yellow card because he caught it? Surely the defender can head it in any direction he wants.
No because the player circumventing the law is the defender (remember a pass back has to be deliberate/intentional) hence the defender can't be in trouble for just headering the ball 'anywhere' he must of intended to give it back to the keeper hence he recieves the booking... i'll stand to be corrected.. i'm not a ref anymore so what would i know!!

Waygtdwyl
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Waygtdwyl »

So you'd still book him if the keeper doesn't handle it?
If you ask me there's nothing forcing the keeper to handle it, so if he does he must be the one at fault.
What are you going to do with your life?