New league

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

New league

Post by John Cena »

looks like the amatuer league is going to have a womans league again, and by the sounds of it is going to be more organised.....I beleive if they do it the right way alot of clubs will move....

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: New league

Post by juniorsupporter »

Sorry. I just can't help myself. I gotta say it. Here we go again.

neits/burgo/shadow
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by neits/burgo/shadow »

womens football isnt big enough in SA to have federation leagues and amateur leagues.
Gubbo and team chi r #1!DJ Di is my hero!
ASIAN-SENSATION ARE FOREVER!

Perfect pitch with ALAGICH!!

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

juniorsupporter wrote:Sorry. I just can't help myself. I gotta say it. Here we go again.

:lol: do we have to drag out the topic from last time to look at why it didn't work etc?! :roll:

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

neits/burgo/shadow wrote:womens football isnt big enough in SA to have federation leagues and amateur leagues.
agreed

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I counted 16 clubs that dont have junior teams,dont have aspirations of SASI/W League/Matilda,basically just want to play . I would not be suprised if they were the ones who would be getting targeted for an amateur league. It will happen one day,if it is done properly should be able to run side by side withe FFSA run competition.

cannavaronesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by cannavaronesta »

amatuer league should call it premiere league and take the reins of women soccer

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

so does that mean that all clubs are happy with the ffsa and how there running it.....i think not

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

I think the clubs with no juniors that don't have aspiration for other than play should definitely make a league of their own. Much cheaper and definitely can't be run worse than FFSA runs the current league.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Bad Egg wrote:I think the clubs with no juniors that don't have aspiration for other than play should definitely make a league of their own. Much cheaper and definitely can't be run worse than FFSA runs the current league.

I agree Bad Egg. There a lot of clubs out there who just want to play soccer/football. They dont want to get involved with all the politics and B/S that is brought up every year regarding eligibilty of players,how many development /state / W league players you can have in your squad etc.

With those 16 clubs forming an amatuer competition,,you would have two divisions of 8,play 3 rounds,standard cup format with all 16 clubs,promotion/relegation every year and as already mentioned,more affordable = will attract more teams.

This may even help the FFSA sort out most of their problems,because the clubs that are left, are the ones have a common goal,who are all competing to play at the highest junior /senior level,may allow more freedom for player movement ( they will all be doing it ).
This probably the closest Ive come to a win/win,but I am sure I have overlooked something ??? usually when something sounds too good to be true,it usually is .

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

General i'm sure of the 16 clubs you have 'identified' at least 6 of those would have aspirations of building junior teams.... alot of the clubs just starting out would have such goals in mind.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

i think the amatuer league didnt really do there homework properly before on this, but they have done this time...

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

With those 16 clubs forming an amatuer competition,,you would have two divisions of 8,play 3 rounds,standard cup format with all 16 clubs,promotion/relegation every year and as already mentioned,more affordable = will attract more teams
of the 16 clubs, a few have more than one team, so there could be enough for 3 or 4 divisions.

beaches
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by beaches »

Probably a good idea to have clubs with social aspirations to play amateur league. Too many clubs in FFSA is a problem, although the revenue they receive would be a point.
Those players with aspirations to play at higher/elite level would transfer from amateur clubs to FFSA, to give themselves the opportunity.

There are only 6 clubs in Premier League now because of so many clubs/divisions with a few very good players, if these players congregated to the top clubs then the Premier League would possibly have 8-10 competitive clubs.

If these few very good players at clubs in lower divisions do not want a challenge then stay playing social with their friends.