Chelsea V Newcastle

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Chelsea V Newcastle

Post by paokara »

Predictions? I've read that among those starting for Chelsea are Gael Kakuta, Jeffrey Bruma, Daniel Sturridge and 17 year old debutant Josh McEachran, whom Didier Drogba rates highly, however could be a bit of bias involved. Newcastle to rest anyone or play a full-strength side?

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Chelsea V Newcastle

Post by Chaos »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know its only the Mickey Mouse Cup.........but still :lol:
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

GET

OUTTTTTTTTTTT

BYE BYESS

WELLARD NEWYS
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

this had a topic lol

didnt watch it, this cup is to try out the youngsters, we had 10men for half the match and still lost it in the 90th minute

we will focus on the big trophy's, man united can have the carling cup again :lol:
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Couldn't agree more C4W - amazed this game was worthy of a whole topic let alone people getting excited about it - this is a cup designed for the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and Man Utd ( :wink: last season!) to try and get some silverware because they won't win anything really worth having!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guarantee, that if Cheslki were into the quarters, they would b singing a different tune!!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Carling Cup/Community Shield > Nothing
Feel Good Inc.

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

of course your happy if you continue in the tournament, but being knocked out early is sometimes a good thing if you want to push for the title or european champions league glory
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

must say i'm a bit disappointed with the team we put our, particularly now so many big teams got knocked out. having such a large squad i think we could have risked playing a few more seniors. surely the money they are on they can handle playing two games in a week. a win this week may justify the loss but the supporter would have taken this cup as worth winning for sure given its been awhile.

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

blue moon wrote:must say i'm a bit disappointed with the team we put our, particularly now so many big teams got knocked out. having such a large squad i think we could have risked playing a few more seniors. surely the money they are on they can handle playing two games in a week. a win this week may justify the loss but the supporter would have taken this cup as worth winning for sure given its been awhile.
i think we are more concerned about playing Man City this weekend followed by a champions league game as well as Arsenal the following week

this two week period can set up the season so it had to be done

more concerning was the injuries to Kalou, Benayoun and Kakuta

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

This is the least important trophy for most of the big clubs but every single one of them would love to have a long run each year to blood their youngsters and give their reserves a run out.

I like how everyone on here (mainly aussies) are bagging the comp cos their teams don't have a strong enough youth/reserve setup to do much in this comp.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Jimbob wrote:I like how everyone on here (mainly aussies) are bagging the comp cos their teams don't have a strong enough youth/reserve setup to do much in this comp.
Im sure the youth of man united is that good it won last season

Owen is real young haha

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
Jimbob wrote:I like how everyone on here (mainly aussies) are bagging the comp cos their teams don't have a strong enough youth/reserve setup to do much in this comp.

Owen is real young haha
I'd probably class Owen as a reserve player myself. He's actually not that young believe it or not.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Jimbob wrote:
Chelsea4thewin wrote:

Owen is real young haha
I'd probably class Owen as a reserve player myself. He's actually not that young believe it or not.

That's the funny thing about last night. Newcastle's reserves included 2 ex england internationals (Smith and Campbell), and our reserves were essentially kids that should be in school still. The lack of maturity showed at times, but I don't think we have a bad reserves squad at all. In fact Van aahnholt and Kakuta are pretty bloody good if you ask me.

They'll mature, and then if we're lucky we might with the league cup in a year or two :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

somebody on here was giving me cabernet when i said that lampard, terry and drogba are on the wrong side of thirty....
well atleast now you know what im talking about, cause if that is the future of your club, then gd luck with that one

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

well i would love to hear the Man United young guns who will set the premier league a light?

we are at least trying to get some academy players pushing through to the first team, we have already seen Kakuta, Bruma, Sturridge in the EPL this year

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Chelsea4thewin wrote: Im sure the youth of man united is that good it won last season

Owen is real young haha
Reserves =/= Youth
Feel Good Inc.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

MUFCBOY wrote:somebody on here was giving me cabernet when i said that lampard, terry and drogba are on the wrong side of thirty....
well atleast now you know what im talking about, cause if that is the future of your club, then gd luck with that one

how's your number 10 going ?

As i see it there are at least 3 players last night that were introduced and played quite well. We also played the last 30 mins with 10 men and still scored two goals.

Between them, and ramires, that's already 4 blokes that can eventually make there way into the side.

I'd take Bruma over Johnny Evans, at least Bruma will improve....

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:well i would love to hear the Man United young guns who will set the premier league a light?

we are at least trying to get some academy players pushing through to the first team, we have already seen Kakuta, Bruma, Sturridge in the EPL this year
who's academy :wink:

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote: I'd take Bruma over Johnny Evans, at least Bruma will improve....
:D
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

hero2zero
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by hero2zero »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:well i would love to hear the Man United young guns who will set the premier league a light?

From this mornings game - Smalling, Rafael, Hernandez, Macheda, Bebe, Obertan.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

El Capitano wrote:Carling Cup/Community Shield > Nothing
you make it sound like Chelsea will be getting nothing at the end of the season :?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

hero2zero wrote:

From this mornings game - Smalling, Rafael, Hernandez, Macheda, Bebe, Obertan.
so impressed :roll:

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

4-1 wrote:
El Capitano wrote:Carling Cup/Community Shield > Nothing
you make it sound like Chelsea will be getting nothing at the end of the season :?
Your right. My post was a broad/general statement. But you caught my underlying subtext, which I added just in case Chel$ki ended up trophy-less... You know, so i could bump this post and claim to be a god.

Thx for ruining it.
Feel Good Inc.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

blue moon wrote:

who's academy :wink:

Sturridge came from yours i think, thanks for selling him to us :D

Metal Face
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Metal Face »

Chelsea dont push players through most of them get sent out on loan never to be heard of again and then that Russian crook just gets his chequebook out

hero2zero
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by hero2zero »

Scholesy_18 wrote:

Chelsea dont push players through most of them get sent out on loan never to be heard of again and then that Russian crook just gets his chequebook out
About the first time i can recall Chelski playing more than one young player in any of their games! Usually play all experinced 'reserves'. Unlike Arsenal and Man Utd who have been doing it for years and therefore IMO have better depth but not neccessarily better first 11's.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Newcastle winning is great but (i havent seen) im assuming Chelsea rested a lot of key players.

Carling Cup = a waste of time

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

hero2zero wrote:
Scholesy_18 wrote:

About the first time i can recall Chelski playing more than one young player in any of their games! Usually play all experinced 'reserves'. Unlike Arsenal and Man Utd who have been doing it for years and therefore IMO have better depth but not neccessarily better first 11's.
good post, pretty true on all accounts

Roman has stopped the big spending and Carlo Ancellotti has been speaking a lot about trying to get the youngsters experience so they can fit into any of the starting positions if need be, already this season when the game has been in control, 2-0 etc he has put in a Bruma or a Kakuta or have dont exceptional well when they have come on

we also let go of a lot of Older players, Deco, Ballack, Belletti and i think they will continue to do this