Rooney Wants Out.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Rooney Wants Out.

Post by Lilly Whites »

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed Wayne Rooney wants to quit Manchester United.
The Old Trafford boss admitted he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear the news but said he had not fallen out with the England international, 24.
"We are as bemused as anyone can be, we can't quite understand why he would want to leave," said Ferguson.
Ferguson said the "door is still open" for Rooney, who will miss Wednesday's European game with Bursaspor after being stretchered off in training.
The frontman suffered minor ankle damage at the end of the session and will sit out the Champions League tie at Old Trafford.

Rooney's future has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few days following reports that he was not prepared to sign a new contract.
His current deal is due to finish at the end of the 2011/12 season.
In an interview with MUTV filmed before he spoke to the media, Ferguson said club chief executive David Gill had told him about Rooney's decision not to sign a new deal back in the summer.
"I was in the office on 14 August and David phoned me to say he (Rooney) wasn't signing a contract," said Ferguson.
"I was dumbfounded. Only months before he was saying he was at the greatest club in the world."
Having learned of Rooney's desire to go, Ferguson requested to speak to the player.
"Dealing with the next step was always going to be decisive for us, how we dealt with the situation," he said.

Rooney laughs and jokes in training

"I asked to have a meeting with the boy and he reiterated what his agent said, that he wanted to go.
"The one thing I said to him was 'respect this club', I don't want any nonsense from you.
"I don't know if he has done that. I have doubts on that, we are reading all these things about falling out with me and all that nonsense.
"It's disappointing because we have done everything we possibly can to help Wayne Rooney ever since he came to the club.
"We have always been here as a harbour for him any time he has been in trouble, the advice we have given him, I was even prepared to give him financial advice.
"But it's not just Wayne Rooney, we have done that for all the players. Wayne has been the beneficiary of that, just as Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes has... so there has been no falling out.
"So there we are, we have got into a situation where we had to clarify this for our fans because what we saw on Saturday was unacceptable.
"When we got to 2-2 (against West Brom) and they were chanting Wayne Rooney, it's a pressure on the players and didn't do the team any good so we had to clarify the situation and put it right."
Rooney's decision has clearly had a big impact on Ferguson, who signed the player from Everton in.

United paid the Toffees £25.6m for the 18-year-old, a world record fee for a player aged under 20.
"We've done nothing but help him since he's been at this club," said Ferguson, who has not given up hope of Rooney remaining at Old Trafford.
"I feel that we still have to keep the door open for him, especially as he's such a good player," said the manager.
Rooney has been a key figure for United, helping them to win the Premier League in 2007, 2008 and 2009 as well as the coveted Champions League in 2008.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Rooney Wants Out.

Post by The Kop »

What was that song about a scouse kssing his badge and handing in a transfer request???????? :shock: :roll: :? ..........swings and roundabouts eh.
he did this to his boyhood club, pretty shiraz naive from the mancs to think they're immune.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

i think its a win for united, he is a playmaker and never a prolific goalscorer, doesn't really fit at united as they usually play a 442... they'll get 50 or 60 mil pounds and buy 2 or 3 players they need

look at his form and he is right down on it and struggles to score goals and play consistently well
ImageImage

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

DOC wrote:i think its a win for united, he is a playmaker and never a prolific goalscorer, doesn't really fit at united as they usually play a 442... they'll get 50 or 60 mil pounds and buy 2 or 3 players they need

look at his form and he is right down on it and struggles to score goals and play consistently well
they'll be doing extremely well to get half that.
too many factors in place driving his value down.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

The Kop wrote:
DOC wrote:i think its a win for united, he is a playmaker and never a prolific goalscorer, doesn't really fit at united as they usually play a 442... they'll get 50 or 60 mil pounds and buy 2 or 3 players they need

they'll be doing extremely well to get half that.
too many factors in place driving his value down.
i'm predicting a bidding war between real and city, only reason i put it so high
ImageImage

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The money they do get for him (which will not in the region of 50-60 million pounds due to his desire to leave) will mostly be put towards United's debt. They'll be lucky to see 20m of it spent on players.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

Dan Agger wrote:

The money they do get for him (which will not in the region of 50-60 million pounds due to his desire to leave) will mostly be put towards United's debt. They'll be lucky to see 20m of it spent on players.
they'll be lucky to see 20m as the offer...2 years left on his contract, he could be convinced to just buy it out for 5 mill and then get a signing bonus of 5 mill where ever he moves to. Not to mention all the trouble he causes off the pitch, hes bad for the image of clubs, that said if he wants to come to liverpool i will accept his decision :D lol

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

If Man Utd are lucky to get 20-25mil for Rooney, Then Liverpool would be lucky to get 5mil for Torres.

Man Utd will not settle for anything less than 50mil.
Feel Good Inc.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

The Kop wrote: What was that song about a scouse kssing his badge and handing in a transfer request???????? :shock: :roll: :? ..........swings and roundabouts eh.
he did this to his boyhood club, pretty shiraz naive from the mancs to think they're immune.
Apples and Oranges.

The scouse was your captain and he did it purely for a pay rise.
Feel Good Inc.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

El Capitano wrote:If Man Utd are lucky to get 20-25mil for Rooney, Then Liverpool would be lucky to get 5mil for Torres.

not sure any english team would want him. united may not end up being in a seller's market and be forced to accept what they can get if he's not offloaded in january.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Rooney is contracted to june 2012!!!!

if he wants to leave, MAN U will be asking big bucks!!

ps, dont believe all the hype

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Interesting comments by Ferguson on MUTV. Trying to win the public relations war. If Rooney knew what was good for him, he'd sign for a club outside of England.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

El Capitano wrote:If Man Utd are lucky to get 20-25mil for Rooney, Then Liverpool would be lucky to get 5mil for Torres.

Man Utd won't be selling him any time soon then, hes contracted for another year and a half, he wants out, hes had a spat with the manager and he's been bottle of shiraz prostitutes, be thankful if you get 25m

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Shocked and devo about this... clearly didnt see this coming
Fergie came out and said the truth because there were rumours going around that it was fergie that forced Rooney out, and the fans wanted to know the truth.

I cant see him being sold to a club in England, i reckon his main reason for leaving United is to leave England all together...

Before the world cup he was keen on signing the new contract, then after having a cabernet world cup he got hammered from the english press for it, and ontop of that the whole prostitute saga, i reckon hes sick of the press and wants to leave, Spain or Italy awaits.

Will be very interesting to hear his reasons for wanting to leave... as for money, well david gill and fergie both stated that his wages were the highest that were being offered too him out of any other club.

Hopefully Fergie can change his mind and when it comes down to it, Rooney realizes there is no better club for him then Manchester United Football Club. The offer is still there Wayne....

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

MUFCBOY wrote:Shocked and devo about this... clearly didnt see this coming
Fergie came out and said the truth because there were rumours going around that it was fergie that forced Rooney out, and the fans wanted to know the truth.

I cant see him being sold to a club in England, i reckon his main reason for leaving United is to leave England all together...

Before the world cup he was keen on signing the new contract, then after having a cabernet world cup he got hammered from the english press for it, and ontop of that the whole prostitute saga, i reckon hes sick of the press and wants to leave, Spain or Italy awaits.

Will be very interesting to hear his reasons for wanting to leave... as for money, well david gill and fergie both stated that his wages were the highest that were being offered too him out of any other club.

Hopefully Fergie can change his mind and when it comes down to it, Rooney realizes there is no better club for him then Manchester United Football Club. The offer is still there Wayne....
Fergie will never admit it's his or Utds fault, and probably rightly so, but as I said on another thread, UTD should show some balls, get Rooney to stay and pension Fergie off. Rooney has longer in the game left and can win you many more trophies.

It could also be the fact that Rooney has seen what UTD could well be facing in a year or two...what LFC have just gone through,,, the debt will cripple UTD unless they get bought out very soon.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

We'll see what happens. I wonder if he's ego has taken over a bit. He always seemed like the simple workhorse type player, now he comes across as an egotistical prick...

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

El Diego wrote:Rooney is contracted to june 2012!!!!

Wayne Rooney could terminate his contract at Manchester United for around £5 million next summer if he chooses to buy out the final year under the 'Webster Ruling'.

Wayne Rooney could buy himself out of his contract for a year's salary.

Article 17 of FIFA's transfer rules dictate that a player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out three years after the deal was signed, if he pays his final year's salary and a small compensation fee.

Rooney last put pen to paper in November 2006, when he agreed a contract extension to keep him at Old Trafford until the summer of 2012, and The Independent has revealed that the striker's ability to use the ruling has been confirmed by the Spain-based law firm Ruiz Huerta y Crespo, who have been involved in every major Article 17 case to date.

Former Scotland international Andy Webster set the precedent when he moved from Hearts to Wigan in 2006, and FIFA's decision has now seen the rule used by Tony Sylva and Jonas Gutierrez since.

The ruling only needs 15 days' notice in writing to come into force and could force Manchester United to sell Rooney in the January transfer window, where they would be able to get something close to his full valuation.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

blue moon wrote:
El Diego wrote:Rooney is contracted to june 2012!!!!

Wayne Rooney could terminate his contract at Manchester United for around £5 million next summer if he chooses to buy out the final year under the 'Webster Ruling'.

Wayne Rooney could buy himself out of his contract for a year's salary.

Article 17 of FIFA's transfer rules dictate that a player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out three years after the deal was signed, if he pays his final year's salary and a small compensation fee.

Rooney last put pen to paper in November 2006, when he agreed a contract extension to keep him at Old Trafford until the summer of 2012, and The Independent has revealed that the striker's ability to use the ruling has been confirmed by the Spain-based law firm Ruiz Huerta y Crespo, who have been involved in every major Article 17 case to date.

Former Scotland international Andy Webster set the precedent when he moved from Hearts to Wigan in 2006, and FIFA's decision has now seen the rule used by Tony Sylva and Jonas Gutierrez since.

The ruling only needs 15 days' notice in writing to come into force and could force Manchester United to sell Rooney in the January transfer window, where they would be able to get something close to his full valuation.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

if u HONESTLY think wayne will buy out his contract
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

he'll be a hero if he does that
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Lucas is god
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Lucas is god »

e-football wrote:

Fergie will never admit it's his or Utds fault, and probably rightly so, but as I said on another thread, UTD should show some balls, get Rooney to stay and pension Fergie off. Rooney has longer in the game left and can win you many more trophies.

It could also be the fact that Rooney has seen what UTD could well be facing in a year or two...what LFC have just gone through,,, the debt will cripple UTD unless they get bought out very soon.
so let me get this straight your idea for winning more trophies is getting rid of the best manager of all time in order to keep hold of a player that may or may not carry you to trophies, United were strong before Rooney, how good were they before Ferguson? Liverpool were 230 million in debt not close to 1 billion like uniteds, though you guys do have something like 2 billion in assets.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Wow, they must have amazing strikers in Scotland. Rooney scored 34 in 44 last season but he's never prolific.

Been injured this year (and caught with his pants down) so it's too early to judge.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Frithy wrote:
e-football wrote:

so let me get this straight your idea for winning more trophies is getting rid of the best manager of all time in order to keep hold of a player that may or may not carry you to trophies, United were strong before Rooney, how good were they before Ferguson? Liverpool were 230 million in debt not close to 1 billion like uniteds, though you guys do have something like 2 billion in assets.
Who mentioned Paisley?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Wow, they must have amazing strikers in Scotland. Rooney scored 34 in 44 last season but he's never prolific.

Been injured this year (and caught with his pants down) so it's too early to judge.
Last season was Rooney's breakthrough year in regards to goals. I think last season was the first time Rooney ever scored more than 20 goals in a season.
His strength prior to last season wasn't really goal scoring, it was mainly his assists and the ability to do the hard yards to set up others.
Feel Good Inc.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Frithy wrote:
e-football wrote:

e-football is a Liverpool supporter mate.

And El Diego, since you know Rooney so well and all, we'll take your word for it that he won't buy out his own contract. Even though he could basically do it for free, given that he can just get a massive signing on fee at a different club. It will also mean he has free choice over which club he goes to, rather than being the centre of a bidding war between only two clubs.

But like I said, we'll take your word for it.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

El Capitano wrote:
The Kop wrote: What was that song about a scouse kssing his badge and handing in a transfer request???????? :shock: :roll: :? ..........swings and roundabouts eh.
Apples and Oranges.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
:lol: :lol:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Was?

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

lol, dreamer. big big dreamer.

Zlatan went to Milan on loan with an option at year end for 24m--If Man Yoo get a similar price they've done very well.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Everton are the big winners out of this.

He will go cheaply due to having only 18months of his contract left.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Capitano wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Last season was Rooney's breakthrough year in regards to goals. I think last season was the first time Rooney ever scored more than 20 goals in a season.
His strength prior to last season wasn't really goal scoring, it was mainly his assists and the ability to do the hard yards to set up others.
Purely and simply because the Ladyboy was more or less playing as a striker and was too lazy to work for himself.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Hinderz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hinderz »

El Capitano wrote: Man Utd will not settle for anything less than 50mil.
They might not have too many options, particularly if they refuse to sell to City.

1. Dont sell him and try and convince him to stay, have him continue to play poorly and risk him going for free in 18months
2. Rooney buys out his contract from 5mil... Basically him going for free
3. Take what you can get for him.

Best they'd do is a Player + Cash (Think Ashley Cole to Chelsea)

Who will play the role of William Gallas?
Benzema?
Diarra?
Kaka :lol:
Last edited by Hinderz on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.