australia's world cup video

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

australia's world cup video

Post by God is an Englishman »

found it very ironic:

A kangaroo steal the world cup from fifa, obviously a historical stance regarding the reason your country even exists.

Then a bloke well known for his tax fraud is the guy who rides in and takes it back to fifa.

GK1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: australia's world cup video

Post by GK1 »

Hahahah

I'll pay that. But you refer to Australia as "your country" even though you live here aswell.

What sort of movie would you produce to the FIFA executives to get the World Cup to Australia? As in what ideas would you use to promote the country coming from an "outsider".

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Tax fraud? Charges have been dropped havent they? Anyway, Hoges is half yankee these days.
Ignore this signature

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

God is an Englishman wrote:found it very ironic:

A kangaroo steal the world cup from fifa, obviously a historical stance regarding the reason your country even exists.

Then a bloke well known for his tax fraud is the guy who rides in and takes it back to fifa.
Australia mainly received the "overflow" from the British penal system....the majority remained in British prisons and upon release began founding many of the football clubs in and around London :wink:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

GK1 wrote:Hahahah

I'll pay that. But you refer to Australia as "your country" even though you live here aswell.

What sort of movie would you produce to the FIFA executives to get the World Cup to Australia? As in what ideas would you use to promote the country coming from an "outsider".
when do I refer to it as my country?

Personally, I thought it was a good video as it got the attention and was a bit different. from the bid point of view, it would need to be about the facilities on offer, the "reasonable" weather for a winter sport. Using iconic images such as the opera house, the beaches, the harbour. Pushed on the success of the 2000 olympics etc, pushed on the sporting culture of the nation..

Pretty much what they did.

England's video was bottle of shiraz boring, full of stats and the like, we should have used the history of London and other areas that are hosting games and not just relied on viewing and playing figures for football.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steelinho
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Steelinho »

It's essentially a tourism ad. It's meant for 22 people on a panel, not for Australians and not anyone else. If we get the nod, the video's done its job.

Also,
God is an Englishman wrote:Found it very ironic:

A kangaroo steals the World Cup from FIFA; obviously a historical stance regarding the reason your country even exists.

Then, a bloke well-known for his tax fraud is the guy who rides in and takes it back to FIFA.
Fixed your post's grammar. Learn your own country's language.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Steelinho wrote:It's essentially a tourism ad. It's meant for 22 people on a panel, not for Australians and not anyone else. If we get the nod, the video's done its job.

Also,

A kangaroo steals the World Cup from FIFA; obviously a historical stance regarding the reason your country even exists.

Then, a bloke well-known for his tax fraud is the guy who rides in and takes it back to FIFA.
your points on most are valid, however I only use capitals for things that are worthy of them. fifa for example is not a worthy organisation so doesn't get capitalisation for the acronym.

GK1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GK1 »

God is an Englishman wrote:

Personally, I thought it was a good video as it got the attention and was a bit different. from the bid point of view, it would need to be about the facilities on offer, the "reasonable" weather for a winter sport. Using iconic images such as the opera house, the beaches, the harbour. Pushed on the success of the 2000 olympics etc, pushed on the sporting culture of the nation..

England's video was bottle of shiraz boring, full of stats and the like, we should have used the history of London and other areas that are hosting games and not just relied on viewing and playing figures for football.
Sorry I meant to say that you refer to Australia as your country like your from somewhere else. Like if I lived in England as said to an Englishman "Why do you do this in your country?" Hard to explain on here.

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

here's a link for anyone who hasn't seen it:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/austr ... 5964405366

Locust
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Locust »

they are wanting to show tradition
they make theft in their video england lose on penalties in their video
Image Image Image

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

GK1 wrote:

Sorry I meant to say that you refer to Australia as your country like your from somewhere else. Like if I lived in England as said to an Englishman "Why do you do this in your country?" Hard to explain on here.
but I am from somewhere else!

Shearer #2
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shearer #2 »

I like the video it shows off Australia very well although julias acting could do with some work
Wait, what does this do?

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

Steelinho wrote:It's essentially a tourism ad. It's meant for 22 people on a panel, not for Australians and not anyone else. If we get the nod, the video's done its job.

Also,

your points on most are valid, however I only use capitals for things that are worthy of them. fifa for example is not a worthy organisation so doesn't get capitalisation for the acronym.
Is the first letter of a new sentence worthy?
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ontheblackburner wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: your points on most are valid, however I only use capitals for things that are worthy of them. fifa for example is not a worthy organisation so doesn't get capitalisation for the acronym.
Is the first letter of a new sentence worthy?

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

I find it Ironic that you have come from England and go on about Australia's past, but are in many ways a prisoner here :wink:

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

was better then the video the poms showed to the world of aston villa and birmingham rioting

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

i hope belgium/holland bid wins.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I hope my country and my country of birth both win in the World Cup bids.

Woohafkaf Car
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Woohafkaf Car »

Knight7 wrote:I find it Ironic that you have come from England and go on about Australia's past, but are in many ways a prisoner here :wink:
:lol: :lol:
No country who has never qualified for the world cup should be allowed to host it at the expense of one who has.
Sod Japan, sod Qatar, sod Blatter and his cronies!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wir Sind Helden wrote:
Knight7 wrote:I find it Ironic that you have come from England and go on about Australia's past, but are in many ways a prisoner here :wink:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
Ignore this signature

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

I know someone who was in the kangaroo video :D

Woohafkaf Car
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Woohafkaf Car »

Red-4-Life wrote:I know someone who was in the kangaroo video :D
You know that and we don't care so what's your point?
No country who has never qualified for the world cup should be allowed to host it at the expense of one who has.
Sod Japan, sod Qatar, sod Blatter and his cronies!

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Wir Sind Helden wrote:
You know that and we don't care so what's your point?
as above

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

The ranga chick? Yeah I know her from somewhere as well..
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

JovaBonito wrote:
The ranga chick? Yeah I know her from somewhere as well..
besides the PM :wink: