China and India are next

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

China and India are next

Post by Rob Lozza »

"It's my philosophy to drive forward the expansion of football. The next regions that we need to conquer would be China and India. Football has become a political matter. Heads of state court me. Football has become a monster, but it's a positive monster."
- Sepp Blatter as told to Die Weltwoche magazine, 9 Dec 10

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: China and India are next

Post by bapa »

agree

redsfan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by redsfan »

Both can be massive markets, India will be the hard one. Cricket is God there and will fight like crazy to keep Football as the lil sister imo.

Football i would guess is already the No1 professional sport in china.

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

redsfan wrote:Both can be massive markets, India will be the hard one. Cricket is God there and will fight like crazy to keep Football as the lil sister imo.

Football i would guess is already the No1 professional sport in china.
Small survey sample, but both Indians that I [have] work[ed] with say that football's pretty massive in India, they just don't have players yet to be big internationally - bit like China 5-10 years ago, I guess...

Woohafkaf Car
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Woohafkaf Car »

India qualified for the 1950 world cup and returned home without losing a game.
No country who has never qualified for the world cup should be allowed to host it at the expense of one who has.
Sod Japan, sod Qatar, sod Blatter and his cronies!

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Wir Sind Helden wrote:India qualified for the 1950 world cup and returned home without losing a game.
Lol, they didn't play cos FIFA wouldn't let them play barefoot
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

India? Well after their last commonwealth games effort, better give them 20 or 30 years notice so they can get their act together and be ready this time.
Ignore this signature

Hawkseys Double
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Hawkseys Double »

Sepp Blatter wrote:"Num num num. Lots of monies in India and China. Om nom nom, they give me monies, I like them. Heads of state bribe me. World Cup is yours, here take it."
- Sepp Blatter as told to Die Weltwoche magazine, 9 Dec 10

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

would it have served australias interest to have submitted a joint bid with indonesia with the final played in aust????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I just wish blatter would shiraz off and die, he's ruining football and him and his corrupt champagne can just shiraz off. Has he paid his swiss tax bill yet?

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

China maybe, India never. Let them stick to crickette.

ps, if it's a true quote, don't ya just love it - "Heads of state court me (blathering Blatter)". Mr 10-ideas-day-man. And 11 of them are bad

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

MegaBonus wrote:would it have served australias interest to have submitted a joint bid with indonesia with the final played in aust????
Please post in blue next time

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Bomber wrote:India? Well after their last commonwealth games effort, better give them 20 or 30 years notice so they can get their act together and be ready this time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly what i was thinking. They couldnt organise a rub and tug in a sangiovese massage palour let alone a Commonwealth Games or a FIFA World Cup :wink:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

COLOSSUS wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly what i was thinking. They couldnt organise a rub and tug in a sangiovese massage palour let alone a Commonwealth Games or a FIFA World Cup :wink:
You're starting to sound like a Sullivan.
Time for some righteous indignation

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Stitch This wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly what i was thinking. They couldnt organise a rub and tug in a sangiovese massage palour let alone a Commonwealth Games or a FIFA World Cup :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont say that. Ok let me rephrase then. They couldnt organise a set of dice for a fully sick Monaro let alone a FIFA World Cup. There, hope that sounds more UN-sullivan like :D :roll:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

Wazzz
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Wazzz »

COLOSSUS wrote:Being Greek, I can make many a racial comment regarding India's poor football playing ability. Having read the bible, I know that I can get away with it and still go to heaven, which is fully sick. [Insert comment regarding a 'fully sick yiros']. I like gay marriage because I get to watch men kiss.
Isn't this getting a little off-topic? We should probably be talking more about this interesting view on dominating the globe in the world of soccer. For one, I do agree that with a strategic mind, anything can be thought of as a conquest for global domination. However, Sepp Blatter is a greedy cunthole that reeks of fish. Lest we forget.

Work Experience Kid
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Work Experience Kid »

Lest we forget it's called football.
Fighting bull's one thing, fighting bullshít's another!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Don't you mean "Blatter ball"?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Con
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Con »

Dear ol' ex-Swiss-watchmaker Sepp Blatter's ego has run amok.
Is this quote for real: "Heads of state court me"?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Stitch This wrote:

How do extremely good looking, intelligent people sound?

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

Wazzz wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:Being Greek, I can make many a racial comment regarding India's poor football playing ability. Having read the bible, I know that I can get away with it and still go to heaven, which is fully sick. [Insert comment regarding a 'fully sick yiros']. I like gay marriage because I get to watch men kiss.
Isn't this getting a little off-topic? We should probably be talking more about this interesting view on dominating the globe in the world of soccer. For one, I do agree that with a strategic mind, anything can be thought of as a conquest for global domination. However, Sepp Blatter is a greedy cunthole that reeks of fish. Lest we forget.
Another post, and another directed towards me. Your homosexuality now makes your grenache breath smell seem insignificant. Just come and say it wazza, be a man and admit your a gay lord focker. Dont be embarassed (though i hardly blame you :wink: ), we wont bite you, quite the opposite, we shall walk the other way :lol:

Love how you now resort to making up quotes and putting my name to them. You might want to read up on the rules about this although ill let you get away with it for now, all because you are making yourself look like the gay clown you really are :clown: As for India, i never commented on their football ability, rather on their ability to host a tournament like the World Cup after their Commonwealth Games debacle but you wouldnt know, you were probably to busy sucking on someones slong to take notice. Also, call Sepp Blatter what you like, he only has FIFAs bottom line as his major interest and i dont blame him to be honest. Just admit that a Muslim beat a Jew at his own game, simple really :wink: