Tea Tree Gully Pre Season

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Kramd
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Tea Tree Gully Pre Season

Post by Kramd »

Anyone heard when the Gullies will start pre-season?

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Tea Tree Gully Pre Season

Post by DOC »

in div 3
ImageImage

Kramd
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kramd »

when, not where

topcorner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by topcorner »

From what I've heard, it starts on the 28th January...I could be wrong.
No one likes us, We dont care!

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

DOC wrote:in div 3
OXYGEN THIEF WHY IS IT EVERY TIME TTG IS MENTIONED IN A POST YOU SLUR?

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Tea Tree Gully City Soccer Club invites and welcomes all present, past and new players to attend training on the 28th January 2011. Please be at Tilley Reserve for 7pm start (sharp). BBQ and bevvies after training. Training will continue Wednesday night the 2nd Feb and then continuing every Wednesday and Friday night there on. Any further enquiries please call Jimmy Stocco on 0400195802 or call 0419817181 or PM me. Cheers !
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Left Right Out wrote:
obviously a wind up mate, calm down, and stop yelling your hurting my ears

jeez its too easy with some people :wink:
ImageImage

Kramd
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kramd »

Thanks guys. Here's to a big year for the Gullies

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:Tea Tree Gully City Soccer Club invites and welcomes all present, past and new players to attend training on the 28th January 2011. Please be at Tilley Reserve for 7pm start (sharp). BBQ and bevvies after training. Training will continue Wednesday night the 2nd Feb and then continuing every Wednesday and Friday night there on. Any further enquiries please call Jimmy Stocco on 0400195802 or call 0419817181 or PM me. Cheers !
Past players???

That'll help get you promoted (or relegated?)

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Mr X wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:Tea Tree Gully City Soccer Club invites and welcomes all present, past and new players to attend training on the 28th January 2011. Please be at Tilley Reserve for 7pm start (sharp). BBQ and bevvies after training. Training will continue Wednesday night the 2nd Feb and then continuing every Wednesday and Friday night there on. Any further enquiries please call Jimmy Stocco on 0400195802 or call 0419817181 or PM me. Cheers !
Past players???

That'll help get you relegated
edited for accuracy :wink:
ImageImage

Kramd
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kramd »

There is no doubt that on the pitch, the last couple of years have been less than successful for TTG seniors. This is particulary disappointing given the strength of the junior setup at the club. Perhaps a focussed effort at developing a bridge between the two may provide a steady flow of youngsters in the future. On a positive note, the past club administration have to be commended for the developments that have occurred with the facilities. TTG have some of the best amenities available in SAASL and E&D, which has only been achieved by first rate management.

As we all know a team is only as good as its last result, but a club should be measured by more than one teams performance. The fact that TTG is by far the largest and most successful junior club in its association speaks volumes for the strategies employed at the junior level. The time is now right to ensure the success in juniors is not squandered.

Good luck TTG.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

SAASL not E&D site?
Kramd wrote:which has only been achieved by first rate management.
how many coaches ? in how many years? :lol: :lol:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Kramd wrote:There is no doubt that on the pitch, the last couple of years have been less than successful for TTG seniors. This is particulary disappointing given the strength of the junior setup at the club. Perhaps a focussed effort at developing a bridge between the two may provide a steady flow of youngsters in the future. On a positive note, the past club administration have to be commended for the developments that have occurred with the facilities. TTG have some of the best amenities available in SAASL and E&D, which has only been achieved by first rate management.

As we all know a team is only as good as its last result, but a club should be measured by more than one teams performance. The fact that TTG is by far the largest and most successful junior club in its association speaks volumes for the strategies employed at the junior level. The time is now right to ensure the success in juniors is not squandered.

Good luck TTG.
modbury vista would have something to say about that
ImageImage

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

The fact that TTG is by far the largest and most successful junior club in its association speaks volumes for the strategies employed at the junior level.

modbury vista would have something to say about that[/quote]

Yes they want to know how to fit over 500 Juniors on 1 crap pitch, never in a million years do they even come close to TTG Juniors!

Avagoyamug
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Avagoyamug »

DOC wrote:
Kramd wrote:There is no doubt that on the pitch, the last couple of years have been less than successful for TTG seniors. This is particulary disappointing given the strength of the junior setup at the club. Perhaps a focussed effort at developing a bridge between the two may provide a steady flow of youngsters in the future. On a positive note, the past club administration have to be commended for the developments that have occurred with the facilities. TTG have some of the best amenities available in SAASL and E&D, which has only been achieved by first rate management.

Good luck TTG.
Break out the facts and figures Doc!

shiraz me dead!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Left Right Out wrote:
Despite your outburst LRO....DOC's comment wasn't a slur...it was a comment.
Have a laugh along with people sometimes...it's good for the soul.

The issue for Gully is to bridge the gap between its Juniors and its Senior Teams...once that starts working again (like it didd in the mid 70's) the Club will be up there with the best !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Avagoyamug
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Avagoyamug »

swannsong wrote:
Left Right Out wrote:

The issue for Gully is to bridge the gap between its Juniors and its Senior Teams...once that starts working again (like it didd in the mid 70's) the Club will be up there with the best !
Nah mate it's veiled comments as slurs that get it going. It's tiresome :D makes for good reading though

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

swannsong wrote:
Left Right Out wrote:

yes these gully boys need to know im just stirring and dont really mean much by it, as indicated by a wink next to most of my comments
ImageImage

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Avagoyamug wrote: Nah mate it's veiled comments as slurs that get it going. It's tiresome :D makes for good reading though
what, a bit of a comment and a stir when your rivals are down, never been done before.... :roll:
ImageImage

Avagoyamug
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Avagoyamug »

The issue for Gully is to bridge the gap between its Juniors and its Senior Teams...once that starts working again (like it didd in the mid 70's) the Club will be up there with the best ![/quote]
yes these gully boys need to know im just stirring and dont really mean much by it, as indicated by a wink next to most of my comments[/quote]

We love ya still Doc :mrgreen:

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Left Right Out wrote:The fact that TTG is by far the largest and most successful junior club in its association speaks volumes for the strategies employed at the junior level.

Yes they want to know how to fit over 500 Juniors on 1 crap pitch, never in a million years do they even come close to TTG Juniors![/quote]
lots of work is going into the pitch and will do to ensure the quality of it lasts longer, some of us aren't lucky enough to have 3 pitches
ImageImage

getstuckin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by getstuckin »

LRO is spot on DIC is a twat whom continually slurs our club,if you havent got anything good to say please just dont!

we certainly have a bigger and better junior set up than that mob,when you vista lot has been in div 1 maybe all your shite will be taken more seriously.
we maybe down,but certainly not out! come on the gullies...

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Oh dear why do people continue to bite back? Who cares, people will be judged on this year's results... If Gully get promoted back up no one will remember, if Vista stay in Div 2 it will be a disappointment you might say...

All I know is we got promoted last year... in Div one again... cant wait to get fit and start!!!

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

getstuckin wrote:LRO is spot on DIC is a twat whom continually slurs our club,if you havent got anything good to say please just dont!

we certainly have a bigger and better junior set up than that mob,when you vista lot has been in div 1 maybe all your shite will be taken more seriously.
we maybe down,but certainly not out! come on the gullies...
and your mob never slurred us when we were down....

bit sensitive over something typed in jest over the net, can't handle the banter :wink:
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Monkey Boy wrote:Oh dear why do people continue to bite back? Who cares, people will be judged on this year's results... If Gully get promoted back up no one will remember, if Vista stay in Div 2 it will be a disappointment you might say...

All I know is we got promoted last year... in Div one again... cant wait to get fit and start!!!
Stay out of the Division 2 discussions Monkey Boy, get back to the Division 1 thread....Division 2 is for the good looking ones who like their photographs being taken. :wink:

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

swannsong wrote:
Left Right Out wrote:

Swanny, I enjoy a laugh but enough is enough! Oh hang on Ill wink and tell everyone Im joking :wink:

Daniel Pederick
Ben Parker
Declan Kerrigan
Jordan Claessen Smith
Nick Butler
Ricky Hoptruff
Lachlan Coull

All came through from U18s comp from 2009 and played Seniors and Reserves in 2010.

ALL of the colts were invited out to pre season. It is very different playing E&D U18's then playing in a mens competition

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Left Right Out wrote: Swanny, I enjoy a laugh but enough is enough! Oh hang on Ill wink and tell everyone Im joking :wink:

Daniel Pederick
Ben Parker
Declan Kerrigan
Jordan Claessen Smith
Nick Butler
Ricky Hoptruff
Lachlan Coull

All came through from U18s comp from 2009 and played Seniors and Reserves in 2010.

ALL of the colts were invited out to pre season. It is very different playing E&D U18's then playing in a mens competition
Alan Mottram - 15
Andy Thompson - 15
Dave Swann - 16
Juy Foreman - 16
Nick Swann - 16
Andy Hutchins - 16
Paul Hudson - 16
Neil Edwards - 17 ?
Colin Smith - 17
plus many others at the Downs stepped into Division 1 or 2 sides straight from E&D.
It's not that hard if you have a good mix of experience around you.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Alan Mottram - 15 - Left the Downs and went to Saisbury
Andy Thompson - 15 Left the Downs and went to APAC then onto Campbeltown and Modbury
Dave Swann - 16
Juy Foreman - 16 - Went to Apac and Elizabeth City
Nick Swann - 16
Andy Hutchins - 16
Paul Hudson - 16
Neil Edwards - 17 ?
Colin Smith - 17
plus many others at the Downs stepped into Division 1 or 2 sides straight from E&D.
It's not that hard if you have a good mix of experience around you.[/quote]

But Swanny that was in the late 80's I would say (at a guess) bit different now days in my opinion, Men were Men back then and soccer was played differently. I cant knock your stats but we are talking a different decade. If you playing E&D at 15,16 and 17 you are MILES behind being a competitive player.

Would those guys gone to Salisbury, Apac, Elizabeth City, Para Hills etc if there were under age federation like there is now (From U6's). I played all my Juniors at the Downs in Mick Blackwood and Frankie days teams from U 6's to U14 level everyone left and went to Federation that's how it worked then, my kids have left E&D long ago to play Federation at Modbury. I do see your point and I agree with "It's not that hard if you have a good mix of experience around you"

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Left Right Out wrote:[quote="swannsong']Alan Mottram - 15 - Left the Downs and went to Saisbury
Andy Thompson - 15 Left the Downs and went to APAC then onto Campbeltown and Modbury
Dave Swann - 16
Juy Foreman - 16 - Went to Apac and Elizabeth City
Nick Swann - 16
Andy Hutchins - 16
Paul Hudson - 16
Neil Edwards - 17 ?
Colin Smith - 17
It's not that hard if you have a good mix of experience around you.
But Swanny that was in the late 80's I would say (at a guess) bit different now days in my opinion, Men were Men back then and soccer was played differently. I cant knock your stats but we are talking a different decade. If you playing E&D at 15,16 and 17 you are MILES behind being a competitive player.

Would those guys gone to Salisbury, Apac, Elizabeth City, Para Hills etc if there were under age federation like there is now (From U6's). I played all my Juniors at the Downs in Mick Blackwood and Frankie days teams from U 6's to U14 level everyone left and went to Federation that's how it worked then, my kids have left E&D long ago to play Federation at Modbury. I do see your point and I agree with "It's not that hard if you have a good mix of experience around you"[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Most of them had Federation options and ended up as Federation players later on (or played SAASL U/18s...that's why the SAASL U/18s would be great for teams with SAASL Senior sides].
I personally signed on with APAC... but my brothers Dave and Chris were APAC's A's and B's goalkeepers.
APAC's Juniors were quite a formidable team that year but I saw more opportunity and challenge at the Downs and then coach, Jimmy Hughes Snr., did asked me to come back.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Just one last question Swanny.

How many colts (or players straight from E&D) have the Downs had in the First Team in the last 3 years? And maybe not even just the Downs any Amateur team with E&D Juniors. I think you will find the list I wrote earlier would be hard to beat by any club recently