Small Sided Soccer Game Schedule

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Stav
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Small Sided Soccer Game Schedule

Post by Stav »

Does anyone know when the schedule will be available for the small sided games? Last I heard, games were going to start this Sunday 10th April?

footballfan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Small Sided Soccer Game Schedule

Post by footballfan »

SSG schedule has been sent out by FFSA. It has placed responsibility onto clubs to work out times of the games.

Looks like its too hard for FFSA to schedule times due to the big increase in number of SSG teams and lack of knowledge about pitch availability.

Will be interesting to see how clubs handle this now. Will take a reasonable levle of co-ordination and co-operation.

Stav
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stav »

It sounds like it will be a disaster. Putting more pressure on clubs who have limited resources (all voluntary) is not the answer - why are we paying FFSA fees for then?

Stav
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stav »

I've just heard from our junior delegate that each club has to schedule the times for all of the SSG and we have been allocated 5 teams to play over and over and over again for 18 rounds - this is joke - no wonder teams want to pull away from the FFSA. Why wasn't this communicated earlier by the FFSA? The people running the FFSA should be fired - if I was this bad at my job, I would have been fired long ago.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Stav wrote:It sounds like it will be a disaster. Putting more pressure on clubs who have limited resources (all voluntary) is not the answer - why are we paying FFSA fees for then?
Seems like a shambles....BUT......... Our Junior co-ordinator did it in 1 hour, all times organised for u8-u11 SSF for Raiders home games for the whole 'season'

My question is, how/where do the 'away' clubs get this info and v.v, when our teams play away ??
Who's responsibility is it to notify who ??

I can see some 'mix-ups' happening through the year........
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

PS............just be careful of the 3 Monday night games in August too ......... :lol:

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Stav wrote:I've just heard from our junior delegate that each club has to schedule the times for all of the SSG and we have been allocated 5 teams to play over and over and over again for 18 rounds - this is joke - no wonder teams want to pull away from the FFSA. Why wasn't this communicated earlier by the FFSA? The people running the FFSA should be fired - if I was this bad at my job, I would have been fired long ago.
Waaa......Waaaa.......Waaa....you sound worse than the kids.

So you play each other three times in a season.

Funny isn't that what the A League do?

Why would you pull away from the FFSA because of that?
Time for some righteous indignation

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Stav wrote:It sounds like it will be a disaster. Putting more pressure on clubs who have limited resources (all voluntary) is not the answer - why are we paying FFSA fees for then?
Seems like a shambles....BUT......... Our Junior co-ordinator did it in 1 hour, all times organised for u8-u11 SSF for Raiders home games for the whole 'season'

My question is, how/where do the 'away' clubs get this info and v.v, when our teams play away ??
Who's responsibility is it to notify who ??

I can see some 'mix-ups' happening through the year........
I've also heard that the Under 6's & 7's will be playing as well week in week out, surely not?????

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

FFSA wrote:Dear All

I am currently going through all the feedback with regards to structure for OSSF. One thing I wanted to clarify at this point is in respect of the Kick Off times. We want to provide flexibility to Clubs with regards to scheduling in order to accommodate as many games on any given weekend. You do not need to consult with the opposing Club with regards to kick off times. All you need to do is nominate Kick off times to the FFSA for your home matches.

Kind regards

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

johnydep wrote:
FFSA wrote:Dear All

I am currently going through all the feedback with regards to structure for OSSF. One thing I wanted to clarify at this point is in respect of the Kick Off times. We want to provide flexibility to Clubs with regards to scheduling in order to accommodate as many games on any given weekend. You do not need to consult with the opposing Club with regards to kick off times. All you need to do is nominate Kick off times to the FFSA for your home matches.

Kind regards
That makes very good sense then.....

Stav
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stav »

Thanks everyone for feedback, it makes sense to me as well.

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ZZZZ »

i did all the times for our club in about 1 hour.

my only concern is that we have 8 ssf teams 1 pitch and they have scheduled 7 of our games at home on about 5 of all the weeks which is impossible unles they are still playing at 3.30pm.

I asked them at beginiing to consider an even spread of home and away but they have not listened.

also imagine playing the u11 and only playing games between 3 clubs whole year. i understand they keep it regional but cabernet this is boring and not consistent in all age groups..

Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 6 »

Stitch This wrote:
Stav wrote:I've just heard from our junior delegate that each club has to schedule the times for all of the SSG and we have been allocated 5 teams to play over and over and over again for 18 rounds - this is joke - no wonder teams want to pull away from the FFSA. Why wasn't this communicated earlier by the FFSA? The people running the FFSA should be fired - if I was this bad at my job, I would have been fired long ago.
Waaa......Waaaa.......Waaa....you sound worse than the kids.

So you play each other three times in a season.

Funny isn't that what the A League do?

Why would you pull away from the FFSA because of that?

I wonder if the clubs are eligible for a fee discount now that they do the online registration, scheduling and reporting on behalf of the FFSA. Not to mention allow over age players in the lower age groups..... :(

Have a read of the annual report....money well spent lol.
Image ANDImage

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Can someone give me Fulhams home grounds details as we have them this week in U8's.

The FFSA website gives nothing for junior clubs home grounds....Even the womans is blank :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Time for some righteous indignation

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Thanks.. :D

Didn't think to look under JPL as they are not a fed club...

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Apparently the fixtures for SSF that were sent out on Monday have been changed due complaints re the lack of variety in clubs in each group - This coming weekend is to stay the same as Mondays format but the rest will possibly be altered.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Citi wrote:Apparently the fixtures for SSF that were sent out on Monday have been changed due complaints re the lack of variety in clubs in each group - This coming weekend is to stay the same as Mondays format but the rest will possibly be altered.

Does anyone have a copy of these fixtures or do they know if it included the Under 6's & 7's?

Sacred Noodle
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Sacred Noodle »

Rookie wrote:
Citi wrote:Apparently the fixtures for SSF that were sent out on Monday have been changed due complaints re the lack of variety in clubs in each group - This coming weekend is to stay the same as Mondays format but the rest will possibly be altered.

Does anyone have a copy of these fixtures or do they know if it included the Under 6's & 7's?
They include U6-U7 (which also appear to have KO times in those ages).

Though as mentioned and at least as far as U11 goes the post round 1 fixtures are being re worked - have just had this confirmed via another club this morning as well.

manu09
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by manu09 »

Citi wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Though as mentioned and at least as far as U11 goes the post round 1 fixtures are being re worked - have just had this confirmed via another club this morning as well.
Our coach told us a team pulled out of U/11. What happens to who they were playing in round 1??

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bye I guess. May need to organize a one-off alternative to keep the tackers happy.
Ignore this signature

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

manu09 wrote:
Citi wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Our coach told us a team pulled out of U/11. What happens to who they were playing in round 1??
Burc United v Raiders ???
Metro had a bye this weekend, so we are trying to tee something up....

BIG RED
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BIG RED »

Burc Utd - interesting name for a club and I do wonder how this club has all of a sudden come about?

BIG RED
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BIG RED »

yep - Round 1 as per the original fixtures the rest being re done/looked at and will be put out early next week.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

BIG RED wrote:Burc Utd - interesting name for a club and I do wonder how this club has all of a sudden come about?
Going by the names of the people in charge on the junior directory, looks like they are kids from the middle east, which I think is a great idea and opportunity for all involved

Problem I heard was they couldnt get a ground organised, and probably struggled to fill full squads

Good on them for trying though.......