Jnr Ladders U/12-U/17

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Jnr Ladders U/12-U/17

Post by AL K HOLIC »

U/13 B

W L D GD PTS

Modbury Jets 3 0 0 21 9
Abe 2 0 1 10 7
Croydon 2 0 1 9 7
Toros 2 0 1 7 7
Raiders 1 1 1 0 4
Birk 1 2 0 0 3
Sth Ade 1 2 0 -14 3
Strikers 0 1 2 -2 2
Playford 0 3 0 -14 0
Sturt 0 3 0 -14 0

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Jnr Ladders U/12-U/17

Post by AL K HOLIC »

U/16 A

Position Team P W L D GF GA GD Pts
1 Para Hills 3 3 0 0 19 3 +16 9
2 Playford City 3 3 0 0 18 4 +14 9
3 Adelaide City 3 3 0 0 16 2 +14 9
4 Adelaide Blue Eagles 3 2 1 0 7 3 +4 6
5 MetroStars 3 2 1 0 5 7 -2 6
6 Campbelltown 3 1 1 1 4 6 -2 4
7 Adelaide Comets 2 1 1 0 5 8 -3 3
8 Modbury 3 1 2 0 6 11 -5 3
9 Croydon 3 0 2 1 2 12 -10 1
10 Raiders 3 0 3 0 3 8 -5 0
11 West Adelaide 2 0 2 0 2 10 -8 0
12 West Torrens Birkalla 3 0 3 0 2 15 -13 0

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Just in case you want to know who's developing the best :roll: :wink:
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

on-side
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by on-side »

Does anyone have the 15A ladder?

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

U17A

P W D L GF GA GD Points
ABE 3 3 0 0 9 2 7 9
Birkalla 3 3 0 0 6 2 4 9
Para Hills 3 2 1 0 11 2 9 7
Adelaide City 3 1 2 0 8 3 5 5
C'town 3 1 1 1 6 4 2 4
Strikers 3 1 0 2 4 8 -4 3
Comets 3 1 0 2 3 7 -4 3
Modbury 3 1 0 2 9 9 0 3
Croydon 3 0 0 3 1 8 -7 0
West Adelaide 3 0 0 3 3 15 -12 0
Occasionally available in blue

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

better version of 16A:

.....just swap Playford with Adelaide City around.....better GF
Last edited by PhilDunphy on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kikit2me
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by kikit2me »

gerr8rd wrote:better version of 16A:

.....just swap Playford with Adelaide City.....better GF

Looking for a position at the FFSA? I believe there is an opening!!! :oops: :mrgreen:

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

kikit2me wrote:

Looking for a position at the FFSA? I believe there is an opening!!! :oops: :mrgreen:
:D glad someone likes it :wink:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to do, I just take a print screen of my excel table and put it on forum..........2 minutes tops once all the results are in

why does it take FFSA so long? :?

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

zackadacka wrote:Just in case you want to know who's developing the best :roll: :wink:
IF FFSA are so hot on development how about scrapping the 12, 13 and under 14 ladders.. :idea:

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Tekkers wrote:
zackadacka wrote:Just in case you want to know who's developing the best :roll: :wink:
IF FFSA are so hot on development how about scrapping the 12, 13 and under 14 ladders.. :idea:
Perhaps after each game the kids from both sides could join togther and hold hands in a circle while chanting Bhuddist mantras of peace and harmony :twisted:
Time for some righteous indignation

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

Stitch This wrote:
Tekkers wrote:
Perhaps after each game the kids from both sides could join togther and hold hands in a circle while chanting Bhuddist mantras of peace and harmony :twisted:
:lol:

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

Stitch This wrote:
Tekkers wrote:
Stitch come on man...the kids want to win but I just think at the ages I mention it should be about technical development, and playing style not recording results.. :wink:

I'm sick of hearing coaches and managers of young teams say how great the team is because they are winning......winning what??? :roll:

Like I said if FFSA really want to focus on development in my opinion they should not have tables and public recording of results for U6 to U14... :idea:
Last edited by Killa Pass on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I like it BUT just swap the draws and loss columns around as they do mostly around the world (ie P, W, D, L, F, A, GD, Pts)
Ignore this signature

stiring the porridge
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by stiring the porridge »

Let's take down the goals, remove the ball, play with a balloon and just play keep it up, if the balloon pops the other team gets a point.

Learning how to win, lose and even draw is developement.
Learning how to hold onto a game to win is also developement.

Many many scenarios are developement to players and when they get to senior level they understand what it takes and what is involved.

Without leagues, all these important aspects of a senior players game will never be learnt.
Last edited by stiring the porridge on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

stiring the porridge wrote:Let's take down the goals, remove the ball, play with a balloon and just play keep it up, if the balloon pops the other team gets a point.
:clown:

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

stiring the porridge wrote:Let's take down the goals, remove the ball, play with a balloon and just play keep it up, if the balloon pops the other team gets a point.

Many many scenarios are developement to players and when they get to senior level they understand what it takes and what is involved.

Without leagues, all these important aspects of a senior players game will never be learnt.
Why do you need recording of results in juniors U12-14 to learn that??? Why do you need to win the league at U12- U14 what does that teach??

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Tekkers wrote:Stitch come on man...the kids want to win but I just think at the ages I mention it should be about technical development, and playing style not recording results.. :wink:

I'm sick of hearing coaches and managers of young teams say how great the team is because they are winning......winning what??? :roll:

Like I said if FFSA really want to focus on development in my opinion they should not have tables and public recording of results for U6 to U14... :idea:
U12s I can see arguments for an against. U13 upwards I think if you did a poll of the kids they'd want to see them say.

Don't really see the logic of pointing the finger at the FFSA. The focus on development is coming from a national, arguably even global, level.

At what level do the Dutch or the Brits start bringing in tables for example?
Time for some righteous indignation

PhilDunphy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by PhilDunphy »

Bomber wrote: I like it BUT just swap the draws and loss columns around as they do mostly around the world (ie P, W, D, L, F, A, GD, Pts)
fixed :D

stiring the porridge
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by stiring the porridge »

Tekkers wrote:

Why do you need recording of results in juniors U12-14 to learn that??? Why do you need to win the league at U12- U14 what does that teach??
Many clubs in the C league would love nothing more than to win U/13 C league to go to U/14B league, hold these players together and top up any lacking players, then try again to win or gain promotion to the U/15 A league with the prospects of then holding their spot and hoping for an U/17 A team the following year, looks and sounds like developement of a club while surrounding the whole concept of points winning and losing.

Unfortunately these leagues drive many players and parents to choose one club over another and force many to fold up shop when they can't do it.

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

Stitch This wrote:
Tekkers wrote:Stitch come on man...the kids want to win but I just think at the ages I mention it should be about technical development, and playing style not recording results.. :wink:

U12s I can see arguments for an against. U13 upwards I think if you did a poll of the kids they'd want to see them say.

Don't really see the logic of pointing the finger at the FFSA. The focus on development is coming from a national, arguably even global, level.

JPL Cup starts from Under 12 upwards and finals played at Hindmarsh and am sure every kid wants to be part of that. So results ladders are necessary from that age group onwards.

If you don't record match results, how else do you promote or relegate teams?

Eduardo Caroccio
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Eduardo Caroccio »

The whole development arguement is really being taken out of proportion these days. First thing for any coach should be the development of each individual in the squad...which should be obvious. But at under 12 level and onwards you must play for points, like stirring the porridge said learning to grind out a win is developing still. And the kids like to win a game and know where they sit on the ladder. Dont get me wrong the coach should not be too fussed about the ladder, but if you lose to the top team at the start of the season but get a draw or win on the return fixture and your team can match up better and challenge then to me that is a sign of development.

Man City Over 35s
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Man City Over 35s »

Stitch This wrote:

Lots of leagues in the UK are doing tables for U8 upwards.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Eduardo Caroccio wrote:The whole development arguement is really being taken out of proportion these days. First thing for any coach should be the development of each individual in the squad...which should be obvious. But at under 12 level and onwards you must play for points, like stirring the porridge said learning to grind out a win is developing still. And the kids like to win a game and know where they sit on the ladder. Dont get me wrong the coach should not be too fussed about the ladder, but if you lose to the top team at the start of the season but get a draw or win on the return fixture and your team can match up better and challenge then to me that is a sign of development.
So playing for points and having a table will help kids 'grind out a win', but with no points and tables this will not happen ???

So at u11s the kids just walk around and watch the airplanes fly past, but once those points and tables kick in at u12, they try 100% more and are developing in leaps and bounds .....

My opinion, no tables until u15, but if you really think that they are a must at u12-14 because the kids won't develop without them, then lock the gates and don't let parents in ......
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Eduardo Caroccio wrote:The whole development arguement is really being taken out of proportion these days. First thing for any coach should be the development of each individual in the squad...which should be obvious. But at under 12 level and onwards you must play for points, like stirring the porridge said learning to grind out a win is developing still. And the kids like to win a game and know where they sit on the ladder. Dont get me wrong the coach should not be too fussed about the ladder, but if you lose to the top team at the start of the season but get a draw or win on the return fixture and your team can match up better and challenge then to me that is a sign of development.
So playing for points and having a table will help kids 'grind out a win', but with no points and tables this will not happen ???

So at u11s the kids just walk around and watch the airplanes fly past, but once those points and tables kick in at u12, they try 100% more and are developing in leaps and bounds .....

My opinion, no tables until u15, but if you really think that they are a must at u12-14 because the kids won't develop without them, then lock the gates and don't let parents in ......
Spot on Zelk "grind out a win" OMG that explains it all....they learn from that ...please results are not important...I would much prefer to see a team develop playing great football and the players learn alot more than just "grind out a win". No wonder Australia don't produce players :roll:

U15 up for sure start focusing on the results.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the posts of ladders...go for it :oops:

Man City Over 35s
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Tekkers wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:

Spot on Zelk "grind out a win" OMG that explains it all....they learn from that ...please results are not important...I would much prefer to see a team develop playing great football and the players learn alot more than just "grind out a win". No wonder Australia don't produce players :roll:

U15 up for sure start focusing on the results.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the posts of ladders...go for it :oops:
I don't know what people are expecting to see on Sunday mornings, but from what I can see the standard of football at all ages is very good. Don't worry Australia are still & will produce good players, but it doesn't mean they will play in the EPL. Relax & enjoy watching the kids whether its for points or not. As far as I can see it, you have to have competition.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Man City Over 35s wrote:
I don't know what people are expecting to see on Sunday mornings, but from what I can see the standard of football at all ages is very good. Don't worry Australia are still & will produce good players, but it doesn't mean they will play in the EPL. Relax & enjoy watching the kids whether its for points or not. As far as I can see it, you have to have competition.
The best statement so far.................problem is with points and tables up for grabs, it doesnt happen often ............
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Man City Over 35s wrote: Lots of leagues in the UK are doing tables for U8 upwards.
Thought that there is an issue in the UK with the poor development of junior players, the lack of choice for the National team and the amount of talent being brought in from overseas to fill the gaps.

Wonder why?

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

johnydep wrote:
Man City Over 35s wrote: Lots of leagues in the UK are doing tables for U8 upwards.
Thought that there is an issue in the UK with the poor development of junior players, the lack of choice for the National team and the amount of talent being brought in from overseas to fill the gaps.

Wonder why?
only really happens at the big clubs who can afford to buy the best young players from around the world, get them early and it saves them having to buy high priced players at a later date.

I personally think there is nothing wrong in kids being exposed to results / competitive games. kids have plenty of training sessions to develop theirs skills in a non-competitive, friendly environment. these can then be tested under a slightly more intense situation where they learn to be more accountable for their play. why do kids get marked / graded and sit tests at school, its to put into practice what they are taught day in day out. you don’t home school do you?

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

blue moon wrote:
only really happens at the big clubs who can afford to buy the best young players from around the world, get them early and it saves them having to buy high priced players at a later date.

I personally think there is nothing wrong in kids being exposed to results / competitive games. kids have plenty of training sessions to develop theirs skills in a non-competitive, friendly environment. these can then be tested under a slightly more intense situation where they learn to be more accountable for their play. why do kids get marked / graded and sit tests at school, its to put into practice what they are taught day in day out. you don’t home school do you?
Bad example. Kids don't get tested every week after 2 x 2 hour sessions, nor are they watched by strangers, yelled at, directed by numerous people, etc at each test.
"We want the players to be very level-headed, psychologically and emotionally stable. Euphoria or sadness [after a match] can lead to a drop in performance.
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... =7&t=53634

In the great footballing nations of the world, competitive games do not start until the U13 age group.
We are slowly moving away from that, with the introduction of SSF up to U11 but it will be a long time till we get the culture of winning out of the parents at the younger age groups.

Man City Over 35s
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

johnydep wrote:

Wonder why?
No issue with development in UK.That's media driven bullsht The National team perform poorly because of bad management. Not only that all nations have improved.
The other 3 divisions in the football league have become stronger than they ever used to be. Crowds are up, as well as wages.
Non-league clubs are the same. More & more non league clubs have youth academies, something they never dreamed of 10 years ago. Better facilities.
Just because Chelsea & Man U don't want Crawley's striker doesn't mean he has not developed.