SSF - 2011

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

SSF - 2011

Post by Mrs Red »

How many other clubs out there think this years state of SSF comp is an absolute shambles? This week will be the second round and still no fixtures for the season. It's getting beyond ridiculous! :x :x :x :x

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: SSF - 2011

Post by Steve#4 »

Yep......My first year and feel like the boys are an after thought to the FFSA.

In saying that the club has been pretty good where the boys are concerned.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

I don't think it is going to get any better too soon, I hear the bloke doing the juniors has 'walked'.....
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

gooner14
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by gooner14 »

My first go as a team manager for a SSF team and I have to say that it's an absolute shambles. FFSA staff should hang their head in shame. Clubs and parents pay for their services and they have let the kids down big time!!

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:I don't think it is going to get any better too soon, I hear the bloke doing the juniors has 'walked'.....
Given the mess things are in at the moment and the feeling out there in football land, I can't imagine anyone wanting the job. I'm glad I didn't put my application in.
Occasionally available in blue

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Fancy changing things so often, then telling clubs to work out there own fixture times amongst themselves. And people wonder why there were talks of breakaway leagues. Farce is not even a strong enough word.
Ignore this signature

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:I don't think it is going to get any better too soon, I hear the bloke doing the juniors has 'walked'.....
Fancy another game again in a couple of weeks :lol:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
Given the mess things are in at the moment and the feeling out there in football land, I can't imagine anyone wanting the job. I'm glad I didn't put my application in.
For me the expectations aren't that high, just some form of organisation...A trained monkey would suffice.

It really isn't that hard......I think some portray it worse than it is.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Franco UnAmerican wrote:
Green_Manalishi wrote:
For me the expectations aren't that high, just some form of organisation...A trained monkey would suffice.

It really isn't that hard......I think some portray it worse than it is.
Agree, mix the zones up a bit so there isn't 3 AC or 4 Cumberlands in the one zone, and spit out a fixture !!
And make sure no u8 / u9 games are at the same time, and no u10 / u11 are either ...

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

Zeljko Jurin wrote: I hear the bloke doing the juniors has 'walked'.....
He was still emailing at 4.30pm this afternoon from FFSA???

Killa Pass
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Killa Pass »

Mrs Red wrote:
Well stop emailing just give us some fixtures ?? :lol:

Wonder how much they are paying... :idea:

:idea: Zelk put the fixtures together you seem to have heaps of time on your hand and know how everything done. Go for it sell back to FFSA i will take a small commis Heini will do :lol:

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

no problems with E&D :lol: :lol: :lol:
(joke with ZJ)

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Purger wrote:no problems with E&D :lol: :lol: :lol:
(joke with ZJ)
:lol:

I have said it before, e&d seems a well run competition, doesnt mean I agree with their philosophies and principles though :wink:

Speaking about e&d, ALOT of pro-e&d have been VERY quiet last few months ..... ??

Have they 'jumped ship' or moved on ??

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
(joke with ZJ)

I have said it before, e&d seems a well run competition, doesnt mean I agree with their philosophies and principles though :wink:

Speaking about e&d, ALOT of pro-e&d have been VERY quiet last few months ..... ??

No, just silently laughing at the shambles SSF has become. We are content, simple as that.
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
(joke with ZJ)

Whether people believe in E&D philosophies or not is their choice, but one thing they no how to do is run things properly (which they have been doing for 40+ years).
It wasn't too many years back that the FFSA didn't really care about Juniors, E&D back then were providing the best "Association" run football by a mile.
At least they are still providing an alternative for those that choose that path.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

Who chooses those paths? Parents or kids? The kids don't really care about that, do they?

I do feel I can comment unbiasedly as I have a foot in both camps. I'm not overly fussed with which association my boys play in but I do care that they enjoy themselves and that they have good quality coaches.

Neither E&D nor the FFSA can gaurentee both!

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

zackadacka wrote:No, just silently laughing at the shambles SSF has become. We are content, simple as that.
But it's not SSF per se, but the organisation of the actual comp innit?
Time for some righteous indignation

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Purger wrote:Who chooses those paths? Parents or kids? The kids don't really care about that, do they?

I do feel I can comment unbiasedly as I have a foot in both camps. I'm not overly fussed with which association my boys play in but I do care that they enjoy themselves and that they have good quality coaches.

Neither E&D nor the FFSA can gaurentee both!
I think mostly the Kids decide if, and when they make the move. I left it up to my Kids.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Iamthelaw
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Iamthelaw »

Mrs Red wrote:

Just got an email from the Junior Comp Co-ordinator stating he had resigned... so official... No fixtures, no times, no co-ordination. Upper 'management' shoud go also given they are, or should be, accountable for this.

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

Is this a full time pos?

While I don't know the ins and outs of this position, surely someone with a bit of football knowledge and excel background could organize this?

Regardless, not a good look on the governing body.

Where do I apply?

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

Purger wrote:.........surely someone with a bit of football knowledge and excel background could organize this?.......

Where do I apply?
Do you have a degree in political science?
Occasionally available in blue

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
Purger wrote:.........surely someone with a bit of football knowledge and excel background could organize this?.......

Where do I apply?
Do you have a degree in political science?
I was simply referring to the organisation of a fixture list. Don't understand where the politics come into it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wooosh!!!
Ignore this signature

Soap Box
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Soap Box »

Purger wrote:Is this a full time pos?

While I don't know the ins and outs of this position, surely someone with a bit of football knowledge and excel background could organize this?

Regardless, not a good look on the governing body.

Where do I apply?
have heard the pay is pretty low maybe around $35K, so not well paid for the amount of hours staff have to put in at the FFSA.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

zackadacka wrote: No, just silently laughing at the shambles SSF has become. We are content, simple as that.
SSF is simply a format of how football is played by children. Administering a competition or lack there of has nothing to do with SSF. People administer the competition and it has been the people that have not done their job for whatever reason not SSF.

It is probably more the lack of understanding of the importance of a competition for the under 6 - 11 age group by the administrators. :roll: :roll:

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Mrs Red wrote:
zackadacka wrote: No, just silently laughing at the shambles SSF has become. We are content, simple as that.
SSF is simply a format of how football is played by children. Administering a competition or lack there of has nothing to do with SSF. People administer the competition and it has been the people that have not done their job for whatever reason not SSF.

It is probably more the lack of understanding of the importance of a competition for the under 6 - 11 age group by the administrators. :roll: :roll:
Well said Mrs Red

Supersub
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Supersub »

zackadacka wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:
(joke with ZJ)

No, just silently laughing at the shambles SSF has become. We are content, simple as that.
Yep happy with E&D here too. We even have our results and tables every Sunday night. :mrgreen:

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

I'm glad your happy

Purger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Purger »

Ginger Pele wrote:
Mrs Red wrote:

Well said Mrs Red
+1

opening post was about the actual organisation of the comp.

zackadacka
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zackadacka »

Purger wrote: +1

opening post was about the actual organisation of the comp.
Sorry, I was misunderstood. I do very much like the idea of SSG, that's why I use them at training with my lads.

I have always contended that SSF would be impossible to coordinate, however, as the 'leader' concept is very difficult in reality to achieve, as very experienced coaches should be the ones carrying this out (in reality, willing, but inexperienced coaches are the leaders). I do not believe it is feasible to undertake a pseudo-game/training session, it tends to just confuse the kids. Just my opinion, of course, but when you complained about coordination, this is what I thought you meant!

Also, the post I was responding to was regarding not hearing from E&D people, so I gave my very brief two cents worth.

Hope this clears things up!!!
ALDERSHOT TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
THE RISING PHOENIX
SINCE 1992
Russia2018 wrote: corruption is alive and well