And a couple from Sunday as well (Ladies)

Forum for the discussion of music, video and photography related topics

Moderators: adam, Forum Admins

spurs73spurs
Apprentice
Apprentice

And a couple from Sunday as well (Ladies)

Post by spurs73spurs »

Salisbury United Vs Semour Div 3 Ladies League

:D

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: And a couple from Sunday as well (Ladies)

Post by adam »

Chris, they are looking good... I would still be doing a bit more post processing on them to take out some haze and boost the detail. I had a bit of a play to see what I could get out of them. Hope you don't mind. In these examples I have over sharpened to the point of destruction... but that is more from working on a smaller file and not the original.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Fair call,

using the sharpness setting is good but as you mentioned you can over do it.
Using viewNX from my Nikon it actually saves a copy of the original too so if you want to go back and compare you can.

Sad part is that i have not read the instruction manual at all, brought a book called 'From snap shots to great shots' by Jeff Revell.

Got some great tips and am not even 1/4 of the way through yet.

Thank god for digital, can hear the rain forrests sighing with relief :)
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

spurs73spurs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by spurs73spurs »

Cheers Adam, I have always been a bit afraid of over sharpening as I have destroyed some good pics. I love what you have done though. I will give it a go. I am heading to goolwa this weekend to shoot something other than soccer lol. Might try some landscapes and stuff, so I will see how they turn out. Did you use CS5 for the sharpening?? I have CS5, Paintshop pro, and Lightroom 3.

Thanks again mate.

Chris

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Cutting thru that hazy fuzzy look is what I like to achieve... that is they part that frustrates me out of the camera for sports photos.

My workflow.
Import photos in to Lightroom.
Rate them.
Crop them.
Minor adjustments across the whole remaining batch if needed.
Export out.

Then use Photoshop CS5. - In photoshop I work on one file that is representative of all the photos from the game. I workout what I think it needs. I record that as an action and then apply that action to all the exported images. I don't have time to work on every image individually.

I then go thru and delete any photos that still look crap. If it is a critical shot I will work on it individually to see if it can be saved.

From a local game I may take from 800-1000 photos and am hoping to get 50-120 that are worth uploading.