Why not????

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Why not????

Post by brooksy7 »

Why not for the last league game of the season have all teams wear a "peace" arm band for all players coaches trainers and supporters etc??? You cld have white arm bands to show tht every club is against these incidents tht have occured over this season.
Maybe to send a msg tht noone in our game condones this type of violence, see if some
media outlets be it tv and or newspaper get a picture of andi realize logistical nightmares, all the SAASL coaches and captains from all the divisions to have a photo in show of support for the game.
Ive mentioned the last league game as to give everybody as much time as possible to try and arrange this stance of unity.
Whts everybodies thoughts????

giggseleven
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Why not????

Post by giggseleven »

Good idea but like you said it's a nightmare trying to track down every person possible to be involved in such a thing. Could quite easily be a possibility for the league presentation night or sometime during the week of round 1 2012. Allowing more time to get it around and to go through the proper channels making it easier. But if enough people get on board for last game of the season I don't see why this can't happen! Good stuff!!

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

Alot of ppl might criticize you on here brooksey but that is a fantastic idea!!!!

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

brooksy7 wrote:Why not for the last league game of the season have all teams wear a "peace" arm band for all players coaches trainers and supporters etc??? You cld have white arm bands to show tht every club is against these incidents tht have occured over this season.
Maybe to send a msg tht noone in our game condones this type of violence, see if some
media outlets be it tv and or newspaper get a picture of andi realize logistical nightmares, all the SAASL coaches and captains from all the divisions to have a photo in show of support for the game.
Ive mentioned the last league game as to give everybody as much time as possible to try and arrange this stance of unity.
Brooksy, love it. Y not just get the clubs in the top divisions to talk to each, get some white tape and let the 'Tiser know its happening.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

ontheblackburner wrote:
brooksy7 wrote:Why not for the last league game of the season have all teams wear a "peace" arm band for all players coaches trainers and supporters etc??? You cld have white arm bands to show tht every club is against these incidents tht have occured over this season.
Brooksy, love it. Y not just get the clubs in the top divisions to talk to each, get some white tape and let the 'Tiser know its happening.
Why just the top couple of divisions? I think every team in every division should do something like this. Especially us teams in the infamous Sunday Div4 lol

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

why just premier division ontheackburner.... im sure everyone in other divisions talk amongst themselves

I think there is plenty of time for the last game

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Cup Semis or Finals at Hindmarsh would be a good place to arrange something like that :idea:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

ontheblackburner
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by ontheblackburner »

My comment was poor, i admit that. It was in reference to Giggs11 saying some clubs wouldn't get word of it. Apologies.
#venkysout

Salisbury Florina (1970 - 2018)
2005 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions
2009 SAASL Sunday Premier League Champions
2013 SAASL Sunday Division 2 Champions

https://www.facebook.com/MantonStTribe
https://www.twitter.com/MantonStTribe

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

I like it, top idea..

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

ontheblackburner wrote:My comment was poor, i admit that. It was in reference to Giggs11 saying some clubs wouldn't get word of it. Apologies.
its all cool !!!!

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

swannsong wrote:Cup Semis or Finals at Hindmarsh would be a good place to arrange something like that :idea:
Swannsong I would like it to have maximum affect not just from the 4 sides tht make it to Hindmarsh for the Semis. I believe tht this is a Football community issue and therefore requires the entire community to get behind it. If we only have half arsed responses from the majority then it wont show to those tht are looking to bag our gr8 game tht we are not together on this but are fractioned in our stance.

I believe tht at the end of the day 99% of us love our game and this needs to be conveyed to those tht dont appreciate our game in the way tht We do, and to show tht violence in our gr8 game will NOT be tolerated any longer.

If ppl wld like pm me and leave a number id be more than happy to ring them back and see if we could make this happen b4 the last league game, from all Divisions not just the top division.

Lets show the State why our game is the world game for the world, but without the violence

Cheers

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

unless those invovled actually see it its a waste of white tape....its unlikely that any of them look at adelaide now or go to any other games at hindmarsh or not...no need to show adelaide now or the wider community anything as most intelligent people know that this is not what the majority condone...
retired handy man!

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I really do like the idea brooksy.
We could all wear white tape as a sign of peace.
Maybe the lower divisions could wear that yellow and green tape :lol: :lol: just kidding.
All jokes aside i'm sure all at Easties would be keen to get involved.

Zelks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Zelks »

I posted something of a similar nature about showing unity - I am all for this, I can get my entire team (Beograd Amateurs) to support this.

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Zelks wrote:I posted something of a similar nature about showing unity - I am all for this, I can get my entire team (Beograd Amateurs) to support this.

Except for the Handyman he has his own common sense apparently :oops:

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

brooksy7 wrote:
Zelks wrote:I posted something of a similar nature about showing unity - I am all for this, I can get my entire team (Beograd Amateurs) to support this.

There are objective opinions on every topic and if you cant accept that its your problem.... my comments are reasonable and not derogatory to you or this debate in any way....now if you want to place :oops: emoticons then perhaps you should take a trip to raiders and go into their changerooms after the game with a different attitude as compared to one of your previous outings there....u dont get no brownie points from me coz your spots are still balck...
retired handy man!

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

Great idea Brooksy! Ill have a word to Bud and get our boys to do it last game Lets try and make this happen guys

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

handy_man wrote:
brooksy7 wrote:

There are objective opinions on every topic and if you cant accept that its your problem.... my comments are reasonable and not derogatory to you or this debate in any way....now if you want to place :oops: emoticons then perhaps you should take a trip to raiders and go into their changerooms after the game with a different attitude as compared to one of your previous outings there....u dont get no brownie points from me coz your spots are still balck...
This is not a me or you issue, its a game issue , so if you have a different view to the majority wanting to stamp this out then thts upto you.
Im sure in all walks of life ppl do and say things tht they regret at some point, it takes a bigger person to admit tht then to hide behind a username and not commit to the common goal of getting rid of the violence in our game. Im not sure why ur opinion on violence is different are you condoning it???
Oh and this is not about brownie points its about a love for a gr8 game tht you me and millions have the privaledge to be involved in....

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

fantastic idea maybe we can coordinate all of this with a Media release stating this & try highlight the good work that our Association, Clubs & Players do for the community & that the other 92 Clubs & 4500 players condem this sort of behavior...
Great work Brooksy

SAASL DIV.1 CHAMPIONS 73,75,78,02,10,11,13
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 74,75,80,08,10,11,13
SAASL DIV.1 RES. CHAMPIONS 71,75,77,78,79,94,11,13
RES. CUP WINNERS 73,75,76,13
CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS 10
CICHANOWSKI SHIELD 90,08,11,12,14

Est.1966

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Thnkx Nugget

OK Im thinking if we cld get all those tht wld be interested to make a committment by next wed 31st August, then we cld notify the papers both local messenger and Advertiser and see if something cld be put in for the Fri paper b4 the last round, maybe something a little diff for the messenger given production and distribution happens during the week.

I would have to speak to the Gdns but wld be hopefull of their support, tht wld mean so far

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
and Beograd
who have shown interest but have not confirmed thru the club if the support will be there for this cause.

Cheers

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

brooksy7 wrote:Thnkx Nugget

OK Im thinking if we cld get all those tht wld be interested to make a committment by next wed 31st August, then we cld notify the papers both local messenger and Advertiser and see if something cld be put in for the Fri paper b4 the last round, maybe something a little diff for the messenger given production and distribution happens during the week.

I would have to speak to the Gdns but wld be hopefull of their support, tht wld mean so far

Parafield Gdns
Para Hills East
Southern Knights
Modbury Vista
and Beograd
who have shown interest but have not confirmed thru the club if the support will be there for this cause.

Cheers
Cant see why any team would not partake in this to be honest. Would you be able to contact the league and see if they will put out an email or letter to all clubs letting them know what is going on. There are many clubs represented on here, but would be great to get the backing of the league too.

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Except for the Handyman he has his own common sense apparently :oops:[/quote]

There are objective opinions on every topic and if you cant accept that its your problem.... my comments are reasonable and not derogatory to you or this debate in any way....now if you want to place :oops: emoticons then perhaps you should take a trip to raiders and go into their changerooms after the game with a different attitude as compared to one of your previous outings there....u dont get no brownie points from me coz your spots are still balck...[/quote]

This is not a me or you issue, its a game issue , so if you have a different view to the majority wanting to stamp this out then thts upto you.
Im sure in all walks of life ppl do and say things tht they regret at some point, it takes a bigger person to admit tht then to hide behind a username and not commit to the common goal of getting rid of the violence in our game. Im not sure why ur opinion on violence is different are you condoning it???
Oh and this is not about brownie points its about a love for a gr8 game tht you me and millions have the privaledge to be involved in....[/quote]

i have no issue with you whatsoever and if you read my original post you would realise thats its just an opinion....as i said i dont believe this exersize will have the desired effect where its required....hiding behind a username :lol: :lol: my name is chris and you can find me at the Macedonia soccer club anytime...just ask for me....congratulations on your suggestion however let me ask you this question....if you werent being paid a fee acceptable to yourself, how much involvement in amateur football would you have???
retired handy man!

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Eastboy just wanted to get a gauge as to the support from clubs b4 approaching the League about supportting this. Ofcourse they will be approached.

Handy man ur comment has nothing to do with anything regarding this issue and frankly poor form by ur good self.
good luck for ur match this....

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

brooksy7 wrote:
swannsong wrote:Cup Semis or Finals at Hindmarsh would be a good place to arrange something like that :idea:
Swannsong I would like it to have maximum affect not just from the 4 sides tht make it to Hindmarsh for the Semis. I believe tht this is a Football community issue and therefore requires the entire community to get behind it. If we only have half arsed responses from the majority then it wont show to those tht are looking to bag our gr8 game tht we are not together on this but are fractioned in our stance.

I believe tht at the end of the day 99% of us love our game and this needs to be conveyed to those tht dont appreciate our game in the way tht We do, and to show tht violence in our gr8 game will NOT be tolerated any longer.

If ppl wld like pm me and leave a number id be more than happy to ring them back and see if we could make this happen b4 the last league game, from all Divisions not just the top division.

Lets show the State why our game is the world game for the world, but without the violence

Cheers
Wasn't thinking of just those teams playing...was thinking more of a parade/photo shoot on Hindmarsh on the day...each club getting as many representatives to Hindmarsh as possible !

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

brooksy7 wrote:Eastboy just wanted to get a gauge as to the support from clubs b4 approaching the League about supportting this. Ofcourse they will be approached.

Handy man ur comment has nothing to do with anything regarding this issue and frankly poor form by ur good self.
good luck for ur match this....
has plenty to do with it.....just coz im not on the yeah Brooksy great idea band wagon it dosent mean i condone violence rather that i can be objective to a suggestion..... yes i dont think your idea will reach the target which is the people involved....it wont make front page of the advertiser and the comments on Adelaide Now will not read' wow' these soccer guys are great coz they dont like violence'.... not to say i am against the idea but i think it will have minimal impact if any.....if im wrong then congatulations and i take my hat off to you......

now you being the well known individual you are how about really doing something to promote this game and go and coach someone like Maiwand for free and show them the right way......then come back here and recieve the respect...but whilst your choosing your fee its pfffft....
retired handy man!

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

Get the SAASL involved they can help with the Media & they can get ALL clubs involved. No reason why we can't do it both both days. Maybe raise some money to raise awareness good coin donation to promote WE SAY NO TO VIOLENCE IN OUR SPORT

Handy_man your a DK HEAD

Est.1966

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

KING NUGGETT wrote:Get the SAASL involved they can help with the Media & they can get ALL clubs involved. No reason why we can't do it both both days. Maybe raise some money to raise awareness good coin donation to promote WE SAY NO TO VIOLENCE IN OUR SPORT

Handy_man your a DK HEAD
:lol: :lol: :lol: that hilarious coming from you muppet....... but again another illiterate soul who is reduced to profanities when their opinion is not agreed with....
retired handy man!

KING NUGGETT
Star Player
Star Player

Post by KING NUGGETT »

DK_HEAD

Est.1966

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

brooksy7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by brooksy7 »

Swannsong sorry misread about the Hindmarsh idea , think it has merits cheers.