Was it a foul?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

barcelona10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Was it a foul?

Post by barcelona10 »

Do you guys think that Rios' supposed 'foul' on i think, Charlie Adams, was enough for a free kick which then resulted in Liverpool goal? IMO i think it wasent enough for him to go down.

Adolf Hìtler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Was it a foul?

Post by Adolf Hìtler »

barcelona10 wrote: i think it wasent enough for him to go down.
I haven't seen the incident but whether it's enough for someone to go down or not doesn't determine whether it is a foul or not.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Who is Charlie Adams?

Whiskey breath didn't seem to have a problem with it, directed his post-match mud sling at Suarez for diving instead. Go figure.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Who is Charlie Adams?

Whiskey breath didn't seem to have a problem with it, directed his post-match mud sling at Suarez for diving instead. Go figure.
Suarez has a fluid imbalance in his ears which makes him a tad unstable on his feet. Needs a lie down occasionally.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

When did that occur yesterday?

Bacon face was asked what he thought about the foul that led to the goal. He answers ona complete tangent - surprise surprise - with a tirade on Suarez. Is there an unwritten code about glaswegian not slagging each other off?

He obviously feels very threatened by Suarez. Mud sling before the game, unwarranted mud sling after the game. Captain of united with a history of false accusations makes another accusation of racial abuse toward Suarez on French tv "but he's not gonna make a big deal out if".

Despicable bunch of c*nts.

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

The Kop wrote:When did that occur yesterday?

Bacon face was asked what he thought about the foul that led to the goal. He answers ona complete tangent - surprise surprise - with a tirade on Suarez. Is there an unwritten code about glaswegian not slagging each other off?

He obviously feels very threatened by Suarez. Mud sling before the game, unwarranted mud sling after the game. Captain of united with a history of false accusations makes another accusation of racial abuse toward Suarez on French tv "but he's not gonna make a big deal out if".

Despicable bunch of c*nts.
"history of false accusations" Care to elaborate? Are you backing Suarez and his racist abuse towards Evra?

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

I'm backing Suarez right of innocent until proven guilty. Evra proves it was a calculated mud sling by mentioning it on TV, then saying it's no big deal.

Funny how at the supposed corner where he was racially vilified "like 10 times" no one was within earshot....

Evra. The same guy who accused a Chelsea ground steward of calling him a "f*shiraz immigrant". Turns out the ground steward, himself an immigrant from Senegal called him "f*shiraz ignorant". Cleared by the fa.

Lipreading deaf united fans watching in 2006 accused Steve Finnan of abusing Evra. Evra went along with the claims, but they were cleared once again by the fa.

South Africa 2010, as captain he overthrows the national team and bullies gourcuff.

Evra is a proven trouble maker. If the claims are true, I expect Suarez to have the book thrown at him. If evra has cried wolf again Suarez should send in the lawyers.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

About ten fouls per game are 50/50's, yet there's a topic dedicated to it when one goes Liverpool's way.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

BowTiesAreCool wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

About ten fouls per game are 50/50's, yet there's a topic dedicated to it when one goes Liverpool's way.
It's largely irrelevant whether there was contact or not. Rio was a prize knob for hanging his leg out and Giggs was an even bigger muppet for crapping himself when Gerrard shot straight at him.

Suarez does go down soft though, makes no effort to stay on his feet but is quite happy to kick others when it suits him. Similar to a certain no. 7 that used to play for United when he first got here. The refs soon sussed him out though and I suspect that the same will happen with Suarez.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

It's largely irrelevant whether there was contact or not. Rio was a prize knob for hanging his leg out and Giggs was an even bigger muppet for crapping himself when Gerrard shot straight at him.

Suarez does go down soft though, makes no effort to stay on his feet but is quite happy to kick others when it suits him. Similar to a certain no. 7 that used to play for United when he first got here. The refs soon sussed him out though and I suspect that the same will happen with Suarez.

Having watched all but 1 Liverpool game all season that's a big load of BS. Suarez stays on his feet a hell of a lot in situations where defenders are all over him.
The flames have been fanned by the likes of the Yernited manager, SkySports, Daily Fail et al.

I will honestly say IMHO Downing has dived and gone down easier than what Suarez has this season. But it's easier to blame the foreigner...

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

It's largely irrelevant whether there was contact or not.
I agree with you, but my post was directed towards the OP. Ridiculous to start a topic like this.
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

i thought i was watching a serie a game, when i saw fat adams take a dive!

Seriously, if ANYONE claims that he DIDNT dive - I feel sorry for them.

In saying that, what was giggs thinking in the wall!!!

it wasnt even a nice strike from gerrard!

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

D.A.M wrote:i thought i was watching a serie a game, when i saw fat adams take a dive!

you would probably notice Gerrard saw the wall had fallen apart and didnt need a powerful shot to beat the keeper. It was a smart free kick
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
D.A.M wrote:i thought i was watching a serie a game, when i saw fat adams take a dive!

you would probably notice Gerrard saw the wall had fallen apart and didnt need a powerful shot to beat the keeper. It was a smart free kick

ok, if thats what u think!
:roll:

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

barcelona10 wrote:Do you guys think that Rios' supposed 'foul' on i think, Charlie Adams, was enough for a free kick which then resulted in Liverpool goal? IMO i think it wasent enough for him to go down.
No need to read any other responses, Rio said he was fouled - he said it straight after the game.

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

Suarez is a diver and hopefully the refs crack down on him soon!!!!

The FA should have banned him for diving to get Rodwell sent off cheating wanka!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

When did he dive to get Rodwell sent off?

You seem to have watched a different game to others?

The ref screwd up, not Suarez.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

as the chant goes

"same ol scousers.... always cheating!"

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

The Kop wrote:I'm backing Suarez right of innocent until proven guilty. Evra proves it was a calculated mud sling by mentioning it on TV, then saying it's no big deal.

Funny how at the supposed corner where he was racially vilified "like 10 times" no one was within earshot....

Evra. The same guy who accused a Chelsea ground steward of calling him a "f*shiraz immigrant". Turns out the ground steward, himself an immigrant from Senegal called him "f*shiraz ignorant". Cleared by the fa.

Lipreading deaf united fans watching in 2006 accused Steve Finnan of abusing Evra. Evra went along with the claims, but they were cleared once again by the fa.

South Africa 2010, as captain he overthrows the national team and bullies gourcuff.

Evra is a proven trouble maker. If the claims are true, I expect Suarez to have the book thrown at him. If evra has cried wolf again Suarez should send in the lawyers.
So when has Evra actually made a false accusation?

At least 5 people backed up his claims in the Chelsea incident. Again, too hard to prove. Someone else made the accusation against Finnan. As for the French world cup incident. "As captain he overthrows the national team" pahahahahahahaha

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

read the other thread.

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

e-football wrote:read the other thread.
I have. When has Patrice Evra been found guilty of making false accusations? In these situations it's always going to be hard to prove.

Again, Evra has got absolutely nothing to gain from wrongly accusing Suarez of this.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:

Gerrard has admitted it was a miskick. check http://www.football365.com

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Steven Gerrard's free-kick looked set to send the Reds to a fourth successive home Premier League win over their bitter rivals before Javier Hernandez equalised with under 10 minutes remaining.

Ferguson, whose team remained six points clear of Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool, believed it was a fair result and was not upset referee Andre Marriner gave Gerrard the set-piece, despite claims Charlie Adam dived.

The United boss was instead more unhappy with Giggs, who ducked out of the wall to allow Gerrard to beat David de Gea from the edge of the box.

It was very similar to last season, when a Luis Suarez free-kick led to Dirk Kuyt completing a hat-trick against United and Ferguson was less than impressed.

"It was very difficult. The referee is under a lot of pressure and I'm not surprised they got the free-kick," he told Sky Sports HD2.

"It's exactly the same as last year. The wide players left the wall and it was bad defensive play.

"I didn't think they were really threatening until they scored the goal but then the game opened up and we took the chance. In the context of today the result is fair."

After United went behind, Ferguson first introduced Wayne Rooney, who had been dropped to the bench after a troubled week in the wake of his red card for England, and Nani.

Then Hernandez came on in place of Phil Jones, who had been playing in midfield to man mark Adam.

"Hernandez did it again," enthused Ferguson. "When you see the goal he was strangled by Martin Skrtel but he managed to free himself.

"His goals-per-game ratio is fantastic. You always think he can score. That is the great thing about him."

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

This article proves he is a liar or photo's were all alterd.

As in the other thread, no more from me on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ridge.html

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

e-football wrote:This article proves he is a liar or photo's were all alterd.

As in the other thread, no more from me on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ridge.html

3 mins ago, u said u werent posting anymore about it, and then u post the above??/
:wink:

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bigger question why were Man U so defensive for most of the game?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Contact Does Not Equal A Foul
Every now and then an incident will occur that causes me to ask the question 'What went wrong with football?' The Ferdinand/Adam free kick was one such incident. I am not going to condemn Adam, because such incidents in football are so prevalent it would be unfair to single him out. I am going to condemn the Match of the Day analysis team. When reviewing the incident, they had to zoom in to ensure that contact had been made. They had to zoom in. To ensure that enough contact was made to impede the progress of fully grown and athletic male. They zoomed in to show the gentle caress made by Ferdinand's toe on Adam's ankle that caused Adam's legs to completely slack. The Alans then agreed that this contact constituted a foul.

I am sorry but, F*** right off. Surely pundits, supposed experts that are there to aid the watching public, should be the first to speak up. The idea of contact is feeding into the diving problem. Not only is it easy to get away with during the game, pundits will fall over themselves to absolve you afterwards. I am not looking for games to be full of reckless and dangerous tackles but if a free kick was not given every time some has their personal space invaded then players will be more likely to stay on their feet rather than flop to the ground like Woody from Toy Story when Andy enters the room. The current trends in refereeing favour dishonesty, its one of the reasons that there are so few likable players; dishonesty is the easier option. Its one change that could have a great knock on effect for the game

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

ozzie owl wrote:Bigger question why were Man U so defensive for most of the game?
fergie sed the reason for that was because he thought in the previous game that they were too open.
he wanted a team to contain liverpool and then with about 20 or so mins left he was gonna put the attacking players on to win us the game
obviously the gerrard freekick changed things so he had to bring em on earlier

what did all the haters think of de gea? been impressed, needs to bulk up still

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

D.A.M wrote:.........rather than flop to the ground like Woody from Toy Story when Andy enters the room
Quality :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should get Suarez a cowboy hat?
Danny Blanchflower