2 games in 1 day jpl & jsl

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

clownboy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

2 games in 1 day jpl & jsl

Post by clownboy »

can juniors play jpl in the morning then play jsl in the afternoon on same day

Hetro Metro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 2 games in 1 day jpl & jsl

Post by Hetro Metro »

Whilst not probably the best thing for player development or the most equitable for the leagues, the reality is that players from various club teams may double up so that there are enough numbers on particular days. We have many players in college/school teams on saturdays so short notice injuries plus the usual sickness and school trips can result in less than 11 so reinforcement help is needed.

Better to play a JSL game against a team with some JPL players making up the numbers than for all the boys not to play. Junior development football is about the playing, not the winning.

striker13
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by striker13 »

Hetro Metro wrote:Whilst not probably the best thing for player development or the most equitable for the leagues, the reality is that players from various club teams may double up so that there are enough numbers on particular days. We have many players in college/school teams on saturdays so short notice injuries plus the usual sickness and school trips can result in less than 11 so reinforcement help is needed.

Better to play a JSL game against a team with some JPL players making up the numbers than for all the boys not to play. Junior development football is about the playing, not the winning.

i agree totally

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

some clubs have no choice as explained earlier, school injury Saturday morning etc.

I would not think many JPL coaches would want their players playing JSL then JPL, maybe playing JSL and then sitting on bench in JPL, but I would not think many top 5 players are doing both.

I do know Damien has said it is allowed as long as it is only 4 players. However they usually play at the same time and at different venues so I'm sure it is not common place.

Reserve keepers possibly do it often.

Hibs seven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Hibs seven »

spooky1972 wrote:some clubs have no choice as explained earlier, school injury Saturday morning etc.

I would not think many JPL coaches would want their players playing JSL then JPL, maybe playing JSL and then sitting on bench in JPL, but I would not think many top 5 players are doing both.I do know Damien has said it is allowed as long as it is only 4 players. However they usually play at the same time and at different venues so I'm sure it is not common place.

Reserve keepers possibly do it often.

Excuse my ignorance Spook but what are top 5 players?

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

Our club has JPL & JSL and you would not see players playing both games just to win over the players who would benefit from the extra time.
Now if the club was just after the win and nothing more then yeah they would, however our club does not.
We had this happen on sunday, JSL needed a win (even if just for morale) and played a team where the win was possible, they had a few players pull out due to injury, and the coaches used players that would benefit from the time, not send down players who would run rings around a lower grade.
However the team they played who had 2 JSL and a JPL did drop players and earnt the win, the boy was way out of the players skill level, considering this was a 2nd JSL team, and yeah he was going from end to end taking on the entire team. I can confirm this because he goes to school with many of the boys and has not played in that team all year, but each to their own hey.