Supercoppa 2012

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Napoli passion
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Supercoppa 2012

Post by Napoli passion »

Its absolute BS that we cannot watch the supercoppa between Napoli and Juventus on our tv screens..... alot of people not happy.....
I just hope Rai decides to show the game at the last minute...wishful thinking.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Supercoppa 2012

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

What time is kick off here in SA time?

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

9:30pm.

Looking forward to it, will be a good hit-out before the start of Serie A and a chance to take winning momentum into round 1.

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

So the two coppa finalists, two of the most popular clubs in Italy, and two of the contenders for this seasons Scudetto are facing off for a trophy and there's no way to watch it besides on a shitty stream. Coverage of Italian football is so amateurish. shiraz sake!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Here's something I wrote delving into Super Cup history:
Supercoppa flashbacks

As Scudetto winners Juventus and Coppa Italia victors Napoli prepare to do battle in China, Luca Cetta takes a walk down Super Cup memory lane.

In 1990 their roles were reversed. Napoli were starting the campaign as reigning champions, Juventus moving in a new direction after sacking UEFA Cup and Italian Cup-winning Coach Dino Zoff. Two months after Diego Maradona orchestrated Italy’s World Cup downfall at the Stadio San Paolo, he was back to claim what was until recently Napoli’s last major trophy.

Goals looked to be on the cards. It was then the norm, as evidenced by their eight and six goal thrillers during 1988-89. The Bianconeri were led for the first time by Luigi Maifredi, who preached a highly attacking style. Starting on September 8 were Italia 90 stars Roberto Baggio and Salvatore Schillaci, plus newly-crowned World Champion Thomas Haessler. Yet, they were blown away by the Partenopei, led by Scudetto heroes Maradona and Careca. Coach Alberto Bigon also granted a start to new signing Andrea Silenzi.

Inside a boisterous stadium the Azzurri blitzed Juve early. Silenzi and Careca were on target inside the opening 20 minutes. Baggio’s free-kick offered Bianconero hope in the 39th minute, however that quickly evaporated when Napoli breached the Old Lady’s defence twice more before the interval through Massimo Crippa and Silenzi. The hosts exploited Juve’s weak offside trap to devastating effect. Stefano Tacconi was twice caught in no-man’s land, including the rout-completing fifth scored by Careca. The four-goal margin remains the largest in the Cup’s history. “We realised a dream that we had before the game,” Maradona said afterwards.

For Napoli, the 5-1 win was the crowning point of 1990-91. They would finish eighth after an inconsistent campaign and Maradona’s departure. Meanwhile, the match was a precursor to Juve’s struggles under Maifredi. They ended seventh, paving the way for the tactician’s dismissal and the return of legendary figure Giovanni Trapattoni.

1990 remains Napoli’s only past appearance in the curtain-raiser, while Juve have contested the Super Cup six times since. Including this Saturday’s match at the Beijing National Stadium, Juve will have challenged for the trophy on four continents and to date have claimed the same number of victories.

The 1995 edition was actually played in January 1996 due to scheduling conflicts, with Gianluca Vialli netting the only goal at the Stadio Delle Alpi versus Parma. Turin also hosted the 1997 and 1998 deciders, with Vicenza vanquished 3-0 in the former after a Filippo Inzaghi brace and Antonio Conte’s sealer. Lazio claimed victory a year later deep into injury-time through Sergio Conceicao.

Juventus made overseas journeys in 2002 and 2003. Alessandro Del Piero’s double split a Marco Di Vaio strike as the Bianconeri defeated Parma in the Libyan capital Tripoli. 12 months later in a repeat of the Champions League Final, Juve triumphed over Milan in New Jersey, USA. Andrea Pirlo opened the scoring in extra-time, but David Trezeguet equalised a minute later. Again it went to penalties. Only Cristian Brocchi failed from the spot, giving Juve their last Supercoppa to date. In 2005 the match was back in Turin but after extra-time Inter were celebrating thanks to Juan Sebastian Veron’s lone goal.

Ahead of the Bird’s Nest showdown, Juve sits third on the all-time winners list behind Milan and Inter. Napoli will look to join Roma on two victories. Pirlo notes Juve ‘are very keen to win the Supercoppa’ while Gianluigi Buffon called the Cup an important objective. Napoli have rushed Edinson Cavani into the squad after his exploits at the Olympic Games and President Aurelio De Laurentiis claims ‘it would be a very important victory’, noting the significance of continuing to win trophies.

Although not a season-defining game or trophy, it is a chance to kick-start the campaign on a positive note. Being played just a fortnight before Serie A commences, the match provides a stern early test under competitive circumstances. And for Juventus it is a chance to square the ledger after that 5-1 drubbing suffered 22 years ago.
http://www.football-italia.net/22762/su ... flashbacks

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I have that game on DVD and actually watched it a few weeks ago. You could see Maradona still had flashes of brilliance, but not the normal influence. Careca was awesome. Great memories of those players on both teams.

Interesting that Alberto Bigon's son, Ricardo now pulls all the the transfer strings at Napoli.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

And Marco Baroni is now Juve's Primavera coach.

I was watching the highlights in doing the article and you could see Juve were all at sea coming to grips with Maifredi's style. He was one of those that came along just after Sacchi preaching an attacking style, pressing and offside trap. Takes time and effort to make that work effectively and it is clear to see how easily Napoli exploited the defence in that match, at least three of the goals were straight through the defence.

Ryan90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ryan90 »

David Puddy wrote:So the two coppa finalists, two of the most popular clubs in Italy, and two of the contenders for this seasons Scudetto are facing off for a trophy and there's no way to watch it besides on a shitty stream. Coverage of Italian football is so amateurish. shiraz sake!
I stumbled across this site a few days ago from a different forum. Not sure if it will have the Supercoppa but it's really good if you want to download matches during the season. The best thing about it is that everything is in english. I used to have to just watch crappy streams like you, but these matches are in good quality, the only downside is that you have to download them before watching, so you can't watch them live. But the matches all seem to be up pretty quick. I'm so glad I found it, way better than having to rely on SBS for free football! Wish I had fox sports or something but don't think I will need it anymore :D

http://thefootballblogofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope it helps you find the match you want! good luck!

Art Vanderlay
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Art Vanderlay »

anybody streaming the game online? Need a good site..

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

I was battling poor stream after poor stream in that first half. Hoping for better luck on that front and on the field in the second half. Both goals conceded were avoidable - couple of errors that need to be stamped out.

Art Vanderlay
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Art Vanderlay »

what was Pandev's red for??

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Must have said something to the linesman.

Certainly not a perfect performance and there were shaky moments at the back, but nice to lift the first trophy of the season. Good fightback in the second half and overall Carrera had a solid official debut on the bench. We take winning momentum into Round 1. Hopefully it won't be the last trophy Buffon lifts this season!

Poor form from Napoli to not attend the ceremony. We don't know exactly what Pandev said so for now that can be the only debatable decision (but for the linesman to make a deal out of it suggests it's something) but other than that they should cop it. Played dirty in the second half so no real surprise the tackles would lead to a red card.

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

David Puddy wrote:So the two coppa finalists, two of the most popular clubs in Italy, and two of the contenders for this seasons Scudetto are facing off for a trophy and there's no way to watch it besides on a shitty stream. Coverage of Italian football is so amateurish. shiraz sake!
blame MP Silva, they own the rights for this region.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Juventino wrote:Must have said something to the linesman.

Certainly not a perfect performance and there were shaky moments at the back, but nice to lift the first trophy of the season. Good fightback in the second half and overall Carrera had a solid official debut on the bench. We take winning momentum into Round 1. Hopefully it won't be the last trophy Buffon lifts this season!

Poor form from Napoli to not attend the ceremony. We don't know exactly what Pandev said so for now that can be the only debatable decision (but for the linesman to make a deal out of it suggests it's something) but other than that they should cop it. Played dirty in the second half so no real surprise the tackles would lead to a red card.
Tino, please, lets just assume he said something.. ... :roll: :roll: How on earth both the linesman and referee heard anything with 70-80 thousand people there - they should be CIA lipreading experts not referees with those skills.

What I will agree on is that the players and officials must must stay out there, that my friend is poor form I agree wholeheartedly. Penalty was also there, no question.

I thought the game as a spectacle was excellent until the referee ruined it with Pandev's send off. The second send off was also poor. There was a blatant free kick to Zuniga right in front of the referee 10 seconds prior, inevitably he gives away a foul and wammo, second yellow. What a load of garbage. Dirty????? Thats not dirty - sure, overzealous at times and certainly the decision making of the Napoli players has to be better in terms of choosing when and when not to challenge for balls, but to say that was dirty is typical of an ignorant attitude I guess. If Chiellini had been playing he would have done no different.

If I were you I would be praying that Chiellini gets fit ASAP. Bonucci looks as though he is mentally shot from all of the calcioscommese stuff, he was abominable. And Lucio, the less said, the better, free transfer or no free transfer, Cavani made him look silly a few times. Juventus really just need a World Class Centre Forward and world class centre back and they can win everything as their midfield is top notch.

Happy with the hit out for us, obviously disappointed with the result. Behrami, Britos Cannavaro excellent. Thought Pandev looked good, along with standard Cavani goal and 100% effort chasing everything back. Maggio was kept well quiet by Asamoah who scored a hum dinger. Zuniga gives great drive from there and I think Dossena's days are numbered.

Anyway, cannot wait for round one, at least we will see Insigne up front with Cavani but we need another CB and Left midfielder and I will be happy with the squad.

El Matador CAVANI
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by El Matador CAVANI »

poor form from Napoli? Im surprised we didnt walk off the pitch with that refereing!

Mezzoleni hates Napoli and it dates back to 2010 for those who dont know

you cannot give Pandev a straight red in thr 90th minute when the game is locked at 2-2 for saying "that was not offside" or even if he swore...that shouldnt decide the game.

clear foul on Zuniga before hes second yellow...why wasnt that called? thats called a Juve decision.

the penalty was by no means "clear", if thats a penalty then Vidal's foul on Behrami is also a penalty!

Juve players know they are playing for Juve adn that they will get helped, Vucinic throws himself on the floor at every chance and Matri's attempt to get a penaltyin the first half was laughable.

Juve shouldnt have celebrated that win. do you really enjoy winning like this??

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Juve's secret weapon this year to defend their scudetto.....play with 12-14 players!!
Disgraceful from the referee!

David Puddy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by David Puddy »

Penalty was definitely there, can't really judge on Pandev's until we know what was said.

Napoli fans, always whinging!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

The penalty, I can live with, but not the send offs, which consequently shaped the final result.
Not one, but both red cards should have been avoided. Official completely lost control of what until then was a very good match.
Yes, The decision to boycott the ceremony was poor form.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Regarding the Pandev send off, you'd have to think for the linesman to make a deal out of it and notify the referee, something had to be said and heard. With Zuniga, the foul and yellow were there but there should have been a free kick prior.

Juve looked shaky defensively but it's not time to panic just yet. Chiellini was not there, while Bonucci has had less than ideal preparation. That was Barzagli's first game since Euro 2012 and so his first with Lucio. Still time to recover Chiellini and time for the others to forge an understanding, plus get back into the groove. This is a defence which conceded just 20 goals last season so I can't think it's all been lost in a few months. But if it happens like that in the first few rounds...

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

David Puddy wrote:Penalty was definitely there, can't really judge on Pandev's until we know what was said.

Like I said no complaints with the penalty. Nice attempt at a wind up though.

Would be interesting to see what your thoughts would be if the shoe was on the other foot, but we all know that will never, ever be the case.

I doubt anyone except Pandev knows what he said, in which case he cannot be sent off. There is no doubt that the two red cards shaped the result. No doubt.

Even Zazzaroni, Pro-northern RAI commentator has laughed about the referees pro-Juve performance.

Absolute disgrace.

And for the record, go back and have a look what happened at the end o the 1998 Supercoppa between Juve and Lazio - fucking hypocrites.

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

Fact of the matter is we were in front on 2 occasions and could not win.

Napoli always play catch up football but it was nice to have been in the lead for a change and not to be behind and slow my heart rate down.

Great highlights and would have been a great match to watch live!!

The 2 send offs could have and should have been avoided knowing we were going into extra time.

Saying that, if we had not conceded the soft penalty we would have held on for the victory.

Palermo away is always a tricky game and if we get a draw out of that will be good.

Insigne and Cavani up front for that one.

Hope the goals dont dry out and we start putting some 3 pointers on the ladder nice and early in the season
FOOTBALL IS A FOREIGN GAME FOR HOOLIGANS & DRUNKEN PSYCHO-FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

i wonder how many chinese juventus fans were born in torino?

Blue Mastiff
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Blue Mastiff »

no point having 20 referee's assistants and linesmen helping out on the day when the MAIN referee wants to walk the walk and talk the talk!
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (3.32 KiB) Viewed 4425 times

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
David Puddy wrote:Penalty was definitely there, can't really judge on Pandev's until we know what was said.

Like I said no complaints with the penalty. Nice attempt at a wind up though.

Would be interesting to see what your thoughts would be if the shoe was on the other foot, but we all know that will never, ever be the case.

I doubt anyone except Pandev knows what he said, in which case he cannot be sent off. There is no doubt that the two red cards shaped the result. No doubt.

Even Zazzaroni, Pro-northern RAI commentator has laughed about the referees pro-Juve performance.

Absolute disgrace.

And for the record, go back and have a look what happened at the end o the 1998 Supercoppa between Juve and Lazio - fucking hypocrites.

not to mention the juve whingers re the Coppa Italia in may this year....
:roll:

neways, tbh Im over this bullshiit and the serie A referees. If only they could get their SHIT together and not make such rash and game changing decisions....

neways, off to week 1 in serie A and away to Palermo!

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

A clip of Mazzoleni's worst errors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ST34OfX4eo

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Still no answer to my question regarding the 1998 Supercoppa....... some people have short memories.

I am embarrassed by what my team did afterwards, but Juventus fans and Marchisio that pr*ck in particular should remember whats good for the goose.......

Anyways, rant over cannot wait for this season!!!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Blue Mastiff wrote:i wonder how many chinese juventus fans were born in torino?
But I suppose all those Napoli fans at the Bird's Nest flew in... :?

I know one did from here mind you.

Pibe, Juve did not attend that ceremony either and that is crap. Shouldn't happen, you lose and you stay. Take your silver medal, acknowledge you lost and then go. After all, it's only the Supercoppa (not to say leaving any ceremony is ok).

Eduardo Caroccio
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Eduardo Caroccio »

Marchisio just said the truth, if you ask him he would probably agree that Juve doing the same thing against Lazio was wrong as well.

BMMM
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BMMM »

Blue Mastiff wrote:i wonder how many chinese juventus fans were born in torino?

I love these pathetic posts!!

Its a known fact that the majority of Juventus fans are not from Torino.

I dont know the answer to your dumb question, but I'll give you some FACTS that you might be interested in:

Juventus have over 300 OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS CLUB'S from EVERY region in Italy.

There are 24 of these official clubs from the Campania region. (for those of you that dont know, Napoli is the "Capital City" of the Campania Region)

The Campania region alone has over 56,000 members! (about the capacity of that sh*t hole called San Paolo)

Each one of these 56,000 plus, persons pay JUVENTUS FC an annual fee to be affilates!

The Drughi Bianconeri (Ultras) also have an official "Campania" chapter.

So trust me, there would have been plenty of your "pasani" celebrating the victory on the weekend!!

Does it really matter where you were born as to which team you follow???

I bet you haven't even been to Napoli yourself, :lol:

I bet you just cream over your old VHS tapes of a little fat ARGENTINIAN drug cheating, junkie! :lol: :lol:
MY CONFESSION: I only visit this website to see "DAM" make a fool of himself.