Must be an adelaide thing

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Must be an adelaide thing

Post by God is an Englishman »

because my facebook is full of commentators whingeing about refs in another sport now.

if adelaide united loe - the refs are biased

if adelaide crows lose - the refs are biased.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There appears to be a common denominator there!!

Hawkesy's Chauffeur
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Must be an adelaide thing

Post by Hawkesy's Chauffeur »

AFL doesn't have refs.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Hawkesy's Chauffeur wrote:AFL doesn't have refs.

I expected better from you! :lol:

Hawkesy's Chauffeur
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was bored.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Adelaide scored more goals than Hawthorn. From what I hear Adelaide City might have won yesterday if there was some compensation for "near misses".
Ignore this signature

Hawkesy's Chauffeur
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bomber wrote:Adelaide scored more goals than Hawthorn.
That depends on how many 'rushed' behinds there were that in a normal sport would go down as a goal.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Hawkesy's Chauffeur wrote:
That depends on how many 'rushed' behinds there were that in a normal sport would go down as a goal.
you obviously didnt watch the game then, please dont comment.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ruud wrote:

What has that got to do with anything? You lost and it wasn't the referees fault.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

and you'd know?

adelaide players were a bit panicy under pressure and made some bad decisions, and hawthorn had the rub of the green with the umps and their decisions. happens sometimes.

we lost, it's done.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

pfft please like you even understand the sport hawkesy, please dont comment.

Hawkesy's Chauffeur
Apprentice
Apprentice

ruud wrote:
I didn't state any fact about that game. Bomber made the comment you get scores for near misses. My point was that in any normal sport a defender getting a touch to a ball that still goes in is still a goal, but in you mockery of a sport the attacking team gets the goal taken away from them if someone touches it before going in. If it goes in it should be recognized as a goal.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ruud wrote:pfft please like you even understand the sport hawkesy, please dont comment.
So i can't even comment on a thread I started because you convicts enjoy whingeing so much.

Hawkesy's Chauffeur
Apprentice
Apprentice

ruud wrote:you obviously didnt watch the game then, please dont comment.
Feel free to explain this:

According to this Hawtorn's scorers were: Franklin (3.5), Breust (2.3), Rioli (2.3), Gunston (2.0), Young (1.2), Burgoyne (1.1), Suckling (1.0), Shiels (1.0), Roughead (0.2), Birchall (0.1)

That adds up to 17 behinds but they officially scored 19. Where were the other two? Likewise adelaide's scorers show 6 behinds as opposed to the official 8.

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

According to this Hawtorn's scorers were: Franklin (3.5), Breust (2.3), Rioli (2.3), Gunston (2.0), Young (1.2), Burgoyne (1.1), Suckling (1.0), Shiels (1.0), Roughead (0.2), Birchall (0.1)

That adds up to 17 behinds but they officially scored 19. Where were the other two? Likewise adelaide's scorers show 6 behinds as opposed to the official 8.
Where were those rushed behinds scored? Between the goal posts, or the point posts?

I only recall seeing one rushed, which went through the Hawks point region. So it was a point either way.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bacon888 wrote:

Where were those rushed behinds scored? Between the goal posts, or the point posts?

I only recall seeing one rushed, which went through the Hawks point region. So it was a point either way.
Wasnt there one when Crows were attacking where they called for the replay and it went through the goal off the hawks player's foot which resulted in a point for Crows. It should be an own (rushed) goal when you think about it!
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Bomber wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:

Wasnt there one when Crows were attacking where they called for the replay and it went through the goal off the hawks player's foot which resulted in a point for Crows. It should be an own (rushed) goal when you think about it!
Yes, there was that one.

Even 100m away from it, you could see the Hawks bloke kicked it through. You have to wonder what they are looking at some times.

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Bacon888 wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:

Yes, there was that one.

Even 100m away from it, you could see the Hawks bloke kicked it through. You have to wonder what they are looking at some times.
agreed, i think blind freddy knew that one - a good example of poor use of the technology i reckon. waste of time!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

PDog wrote:and you'd know?

adelaide players were a bit panicy under pressure and made some bad decisions, and hawthorn had the rub of the green with the umps and their decisions. happens sometimes.

we lost, it's done.

Oh dear........
:roll:

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

nothing i wrote there is incorrect.

not to say the umps decided the result alone, as we were terrible in the 3rd quarter (THAT is what lost it for us), but they were pretty horrendous, made some bad decisions both ways, but it certainly seemed we were on the receiving end a little more often than i would like. fair to say the field umpires from this match won't be required this weekend.

end of the day, we are a young side - it kind of showed a little. we are better for the experience, and i don't think you, or anyone, who is worth their salt can doubt that we are a friggin good side who deserved their place in the top 4 this season.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

PDog wrote:nothing i wrote there is incorrect.

not to say the umps decided the result alone, as we were terrible in the 3rd quarter (THAT is what lost it for us), but they were pretty horrendous, made some bad decisions both ways, but it certainly seemed we were on the receiving end a little more often than i would like. fair to say the field umpires from this match won't be required this weekend.

end of the day, we are a young side - it kind of showed a little. we are better for the experience, and i don't think you, or anyone, who is worth their salt can doubt that we are a friggin good side who deserved their place in the top 4 this season.

hawks received 24 free kicks, the crows 22!
thats not being biased.

yes, crows surprised me with their attitude and hunger for the ball, but end of the day - u played a hawk team well below their ability, whereas the cows played out of their socks!

if the real hawks showed up, u had NO chance!

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

DAM wrote:

thats not being biased.

yes, crows surprised me with their attitude and hunger for the ball, but end of the day - u played a hawk team well below their ability, whereas the cows played out of their socks!

whole heartedly agree!! but you can only confront what is in front of you, and we made the most of it, barring a few silly decisions.

the free kick count itself isn't what i have a beef with, some of the free kicks themselves is what i have the issue with. and you'd be surprised to know some that went our way baffled me as well!! (that one towards the end against Schoenmakers, came in late on Porplyzia - that was soft)

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

DAM wrote:

thats not being biased.

A number is a number. It's about WHERE the free kicks were (and sometimes weren't) paid.

It's still not the reason the Hawks won though.

Cracking game.

rulebritannia
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rulebritannia »

the people here do seem to whine a lot
it reminds me of liverpool

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote:because my facebook is full of commentators whingeing about refs in another sport now.

Lot of EPL managers complain about refs when they lose is that an English thing?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:because my facebook is full of commentators whingeing about refs in another sport now.

Lot of EPL managers complain about refs when they lose is that an English thing?

which managers do that then?

EzyG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by EzyG »

NEIL WARNOCK was a classic for that last season at QPR
Maybe that's why he got the chop??

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

for starters:

"The pace of the game demanded a referee who was fit. He was not fit. It was ridiculous," said Ferguson.

“It’s disappointing – it’s just the quality of the official I’m afraid cost us the game.” said Ferguson

“What I can’t understand is the linesman’s directly in front of it. He has no-one near him and he gets it wrong. A game of that magnitude, you really need quality officials and we didn’t get them today. It was a poor, poor performance.” said Ferguson

Ferguson said: “He does Rooney clear as day, [The referee is] six yards from it, he doesn’t do anything.”

"It was disappointing to say the least, if Jonjo Shelvey gets sent off than so should Jonny Evans. I am bitterly disappointed the referee only saw one side of that." said Ferguson

"My impression was it was a harsh decision," he said.

"I asked the referee if he did catch him and he said he did, but Chris thought the ball was there to be won and any contact was none or minimal." said Kenny Jackett

"He didn't go through the guy and it didn't warrant a sending-off." said Kenny Jackett

Brendan Rodgers: "I'm bitterly disappointed with the result - I thought the best team lost. What we could control, I thought the players and the performance level was outstanding. What you can't control is decisions by the referee. We're bitterly disappointed it didn't go our way today, but performance wise I thought the players were outstanding. We dominated the majority of the game, even with 10 men, but it didn't go our way."

Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez has been charged by the FA following his criticism of match officials after the 4-0 defeat at Manchester United.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

What have those quotes got to do with anything?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:What have those quotes got to do with anything?

....especially as none are english
Ignore this signature

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

it is a common thing for coaches and managers to complain (blame) refs/umpires... people are the same the world over...