Crows under investigation

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Crows under investigation

Post by Red-4-Life »

For draft tampering.

Facing $800k fine and loss of first round draft pick for up to 4 years.
Kurt Tippett may be deregistered and have to to face the national draft...meaning no club of choice and no big salary

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Crows under investigation

Post by Delete Your Account »

Red-4-Life wrote:For draft tampering.

Kurt Tippett may be deregistered and have to to face the national draft...meaning no club of choice and no big salary

1) The rumour is apparently from SEN, who have not broadcast this. It's a made up piece of crap.
2) If KT is allowed to nominate for the draft, he'd still be allowed to name his price. It's in the AFL's rules.
3) It was a pretty stupid thing to do.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Bacon888 wrote:

1) The rumour is apparently from SEN, who have not broadcast this. It's a made up piece of crap.
2) If KT is allowed to nominate for the draft, he'd still be allowed to name his price. It's in the AFL's rules.
How can he be allowed to name his price if he gets drafted in the national draft? He could get listed as a rookie

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

the agreement with tippett was the crows doing when he last signed on, and waswritten about by rucci 2 weeks ago, this is legit
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Not a Crows backer or a real AFL follower...but this kind of administrative crap is so anal....
The whole draft thing is anal....new teams getting priorities...pfft.
At least it gives the Power followers some needed fuel....because their tank was pretty empty last season.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

swannsong wrote:Not a Crows backer or a real AFL follower...but this kind of administrative crap is so anal....
At least it gives the Power followers some needed fuel....because their tank was pretty empty last season.
its like in football with teams talking to players while contracted, or having agreed transfers in place outside of the last 6 months of the contract
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

DOC wrote:
swannsong wrote:Not a Crows backer or a real AFL follower...but this kind of administrative crap is so anal....
its like in football with teams talking to players while contracted, or having agreed transfers in place outside of the last 6 months of the contract
....and we can't go for job interviews whilst we are working for someone else...pfft !

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

swannsong wrote:
DOC wrote:
....and we can't go for job interviews whilst we are working for someone else...pfft !
i know contracts are rarely honoured in sport these days, but saying they will let him go to whoever he wants in 3 years for a good pick is very dodgy

what if you signed a deal with rhodes to keep him, but had to let him go for an agreed amount, much less that what he is worth, if an epl side came for him?
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

DOC wrote: what if you signed a deal with rhodes to keep him, but had to let him go for an agreed amount, much less that what he is worth, if an epl side came for him?
Who is Rhodes...we don't hve any players called Rhodes :?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Red-4-Life wrote:
Bacon888 wrote:

How can he be allowed to name his price if he gets drafted in the national draft? He could get listed as a rookie
He'd only be listed as a rookie, if drafted through the Rookie Draft.

If you don't know the terms of the AFL Player Rules, don't make statements. Any AFL player, who nominates for the National Draft after their first 2 years, will nominate the terms of their salary. Only players never on an AFL list before have to take the salary that is written in the AFL Player Rules.

Check out Rule 4.5.2 Nominated Football Payments, if you need any further information.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

swannsong wrote:
DOC wrote: what if you signed a deal with rhodes to keep him, but had to let him go for an agreed amount, much less that what he is worth, if an epl side came for him?
Who is Rhodes...we don't hve any players called Rhodes :?
of when he was there i'm saying
ImageImage

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

GAYfl house not very happy, with the crows!

rumoured penalties;
crows to be fined $500k
crows could lose 1-2 draft picks
Tippett to go into draft, and not sydney
Tippett's manager to lose his license
Swans to receive a reprimand

thats what the rumour is according to Caroline Wilson

the crows are not backing down and saying Tippets manager issued the contract, to which the crows HAD to sign.........

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

now a possible breach of salary cap :lol: kurt tippett must be the most hated man at west lakes right now!

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Red-4-Life wrote:now a possible breach of salary cap :lol: kurt tippett must be the most hated man at west lakes right now!

the guy that keeps screwing the crows........

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

i don't know what to say other than i am very disappointed.

like john reid said, we sold our soul when we signed off on tippett's last contract.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Draft rules does anyone understand them?

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Just when u thought, it couldnt get any worse.....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/ade ... 6502090401

ADELAIDE'S no-longer secret "exit clause" with forward Kurt Tippett may be the least of the Crows' problems as the AFL investigation turns to allegations of undisclosed third-party payments.
If proven, these claims - that relate to Tippett and his brother Joel who plays with SANFL club West Adelaide - could subject the Crows to heavy sanctions for salary cap breaches.
AFL salary cap investigator Ken Wood has taken to investigating how the Crows may have paid Joel Tippett to move from the Gold Coast to Adelaide to ease Kurt's unease in the SA capital.
Adelaide chief executive Steven Trigg on Friday handed to the AFL a letter of agreement reached outside the Crows' contract dealings with Tippett in 2009.
The AFL says it will not rush its Tippett investigation despite tomorrow's 2pm trade deadline.
That letter has at least three clauses - the exit demand to trade Tippett to any AFL club of his choice when he chose to leave Adelaide and two deals that could breach the AFL salary cap rules.
Adelaide faces harsher penalties for the alleged third-party arrangements than the exit clause written in the 2009 letter between Crows football operations chief John Reid and Tippett's Brisbane-based manager Peter Blucher.
If Wood and AFL integrity officer Brett Clothier find the Crows should have detailed the third-party deals in Tippett's contract, Adelaide will be subject to penalties ranging from fines to losing draft picks.
Trigg's decision to hand the document to the AFL on Friday appears to have been triggered, in part, by rival AFL club Gold Coast becoming aware of Tippett's letter of arrangement with the Crows and seeking AFL scrutiny of the 2009 document.
Also, Wood had taken interest - before Trigg's declaration - in an interview in The Advertiser earlier this month when Crows chairman Rob Chapman spoke of Joel's move to Adelaide.

EARLIER, Crows chairman Rob Chapman insisted the club had nothing to hide after initiating an AFL probe into Kurt Tippett's out-of-contract terms at West Lakes.
Chapman also has opened the Adelaide player files to AFL investigator Ken Wood as the special letter between Tippett and the Crows from 2009 brings into question how the club has signed up its squad.
"We have nothing to hide - and we have opened all the books to the AFL without condition," Chapman said last night.
"I can give a gold-plated commitment the AFL will find nothing."
Chapman defended his club's officials who allowed Tippett to have a letter detailing the terms by which he was to be traded from Adelaide if he chose to leave the Crows at the end of his three-year contract - as he has asked with a trade to Sydney.
"Our intent was never to break any rules," Chapman told The Advertiser last night.
"And we have a history of compliance, no record of any misdemeanours, but if we have now got this wrong, we need to know before the trade is done and we will have to abide by any penalty."
Chapman last night would not prejudice decisions that could follow if the AFL finds the Crows and Tippett have breached league rules.
He would not comment on a potential sacking of chief executive Steven Trigg who sanctioned the deal in 2009.
The other key player in the negotiations, football operations chief John Reid, left the Crows at the end of the 2009 season.
But Chapman did praise Trigg for putting the Tippett issue - which has been subject to media scrutiny for more than a year - before him on Friday, an hour after Trigg returned from a three-week European holiday.
"And 90 minutes later we were on the phone to (AFL chief) Andrew Demetriou," said Chapman.
"We have disclosed the issues we think he should be aware of.
"We have opened to the AFL all the books at the Adelaide Football Club without condition. And I have given the AFL a gold-plated commitment they will find nothing out of order with any other player contract."

Chapman could not answer why his club - or even the AFL - had not put the Tippett agreement up for review earlier, particularly when it was subject to intense public speculation this year.
"They are good questions you ask," said Chapman.
"And I would love to be in a position to disclose more fully my answer to those questions - and I look forward to the day I do.
"Because the club's members and the football public deserve to know what is going on.
"Remember, we asked the AFL to investigate this.
"In the past week it has been clear we have to remove every shade of grey from this debate. There must be full disclosure.
"Once I took this to the board, every director without hesitation agreed this needs to be clarified and there needs to be disclosure to the AFL.
"The AFL acknowledges we have done the right thing to bring this to them.
"Everyone deserves answers."
The AFL investigation now puts in question if Tippett can be traded before tomorrow's 1.30pm deadline - and what happens to his football career if he is suspended for breaching league rules.
Adelaide is understood to have agreed after closing contract talks with Tippett in 2009 to release him at a "minimal cost", supposedly a second-round draft pick.
"Remember three years ago everyone in this state wanted our club to re-sign Kurt Tippett," said Chapman. "
"At that time, our people negotiating the deal believed what they were doing was right."
Chapman would not reveal the legal advice his club has received.
"I've consulted far and wide - and put in place methods to look at this with due diligence," he said.
"We're asking all the questions. We are still in the process of getting the answers."

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

PDog wrote:i don't know what to say other than i am very disappointed.

like john reid said, we sold our soul when we signed off on tippett's last contract.
Agreed.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

ozzie owl wrote:Draft rules does anyone understand them?
Why are they stil "draft rules", surely the AFL would have a final version of the rules by now !

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

AFL NEWS
The AFL is investigating computer and bank records at West Lakes

The AFL investigation into the Kurt Tippett "exit clause" has now turned to possible salary cap breaches
ADELAIDE Crows chief executive Steven Trigg has fronted the media for the first time in three days down at West Lakes after computer and bank records were seized from the club today.

Suns deny Tippett interest

GOLD Coast says it is "incorrect'' to suggest its interest in Kurt Tippett has reignited...End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
In a short press conference, Trigg confirmed the club was under investigation by the AFL and said he would make no further comment until the matter was settled.

This morning, AFL investigators arrived at West Lakes to seize records of interest as the league seeks full detail on the Kurt Tippett scandal.

This is a six-figure sum.

Tippett is likely to be deregistered, while the AFL has told clubs it will not approve any trade involving Tippett today.

That will leave Sydney with the first-round draft pick (23) it had planned to swap for Tippett and ruckman-forward Jesse White - also intended as part of the deal - in limbo.

The payments relate the secret side deal written for Tippett in 2009 when he signed a three-year contract extension.

The evidence gathered today will play a major part in determining how the AFL sanctions the Crows, Tippett and his management.

Adelaide is facing severe fines and the loss of draft picks

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

The Crows have long been considered one of the most professionaly run businesses in Australian sport. It seems like such a stupid thing to do that I almost don't believe it. I still can't get my head around it. Why risk so much for a guy to play a minimum of 2 years.

Should have taken Pick 8 from Brisbane last year :!:

hurlcrook
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by hurlcrook »

Crows should have fked Tippett off back then, together with his lawyer-style dad.
What - 800k pa not enough?
Karma possibly

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Who really cares when a footballer (to use the term loosely) gets a little bit more money....the fact that the Murray will be getting an increased flow of water should be dominating the news.
The only thing the Crows have done wrong ( that all the other clubs doing similar deals haven't done) is get caught out....i.e.how did Judd get to Carlton ?

egg and chips
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by egg and chips »

swannsong wrote:....i.e.how did Judd get to Carlton ?
Tram

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Jay Walking wrote:The Crows have long been considered one of the most professionaly run businesses in Australian sport. It seems like such a stupid thing to do that I almost don't believe it. I still can't get my head around it. Why risk so much for a guy to play a minimum of 2 years.

Should have taken Pick 8 from Brisbane last year :!:
I have to agree, if its all true, I will be ashamed of my club's actions

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

the deal is true, has been reported about for a while, the salary cap breaches, however, need to be proven and are more serious

the why is easy jay, the crows had unearthed another talented forward, maybe bring back the days of modra, and with the crows still trying to find the right mix, a big re signing for reid to leave on and to send a strong message to the fans that the club was moving forward and looking to be a force again

tippet wanted to go, but the crows risked a backlash after bock went, so they threw everything they could at tippet in an attempt to keep him here and hopefully change his mind, didn't work obviously and when sydney didn't play ball, which tey didn't have to due to tipet being off contract, the crows went after tippet knowing that he may get rubbed out, a risky move knowing they would cop it too, but after the way tippet toyed with them all year this was never going to be smooth sailing
ImageImage

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

so far it sounds like draft picks will be stripped. Nothing official yet but expect to hear things over the next week

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

DOC wrote:the deal is true, has been reported about for a while, the salary cap breaches, however, need to be proven and are more serious

the why is easy jay, the crows had unearthed another talented forward, maybe bring back the days of modra, and with the crows still trying to find the right mix, a big re signing for reid to leave on and to send a strong message to the fans that the club was moving forward and looking to be a force again

tippet wanted to go, but the crows risked a backlash after bock went, so they threw everything they could at tippet in an attempt to keep him here and hopefully change his mind, didn't work obviously and when sydney didn't play ball, which tey didn't have to due to tipet being off contract, the crows went after tippet knowing that he may get rubbed out, a risky move knowing they would cop it too, but after the way tippet toyed with them all year this was never going to be smooth sailing
If the Crows hadn't re-signed Tippett in 2009 with the alledged illegal clauses etc, he would've left for GC under the Uncontracted Player rules, and not Bock. So your timing of "risked a backlash after Bock went" is totally inaccurate.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Trigg has to go!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

no he doesnt.....he's overseen the transition from craig to sanderson and from Footy Park to Adl Oval...

im just angry that we got caught.....evryone does it...but we were silly enough to leave evidence behind....slap on the writ for trigg and his board and lets get on with it....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill