Crows under investigation

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Crows under investigation

Post by Jay Walking »

Harper wasn't the Footy manager at that time. He found out about the deal during the course of his employment and he was don't that the deal was all legit. Rightly or wrong, I think the Crows thought it was legit but I think during the course of things, realised it wasn't they didn't know what to do. Harper could have gone to the AFL and said, this deal looks a bit dodgy, I haven't told the CEO or board I'm here but please investigate. He would have lost his job and then no other club would have taken him.

As for Trigg, I think intially, when Tipppett and all other parties thought that he was going to go to Queensland, struck up the deal. Into the deal, I think they started to get a little nervous that something might not be right. Tippett says he wants to go to NSW so the clauses per say where void in their opinion. The issue is that neither parties and agree on the facts so the Crows may of made an error or did something pretty dodgy.

Trigg is one of the best CEO's in the AFL and the AFL have said that often. With the move to Adelaide Oval pending, the ownership licence issue and Free Agency all massive issues, keeping the bloke who is best abreast of them in the seat is the right move. I'd say that the Crows would have already told him that he has only till the end of either this year or the end of next year which is when he will then step down.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

but are you not worried of any other go home deals with stars such as danger and vb?

trigg has authorised everything they were punished for remember, it all goes through him
ImageImage

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

rumour i heard yesterday
is that the board knew of this dodgy deal, ( before the whole thing got exposed) hence they couldnt/wouldnt sack trigg...
if they sacked trigg, the club risked more bad exposure as he was going to take a few board people down with him
and with the upcoming move to adelaide oval , they couldnt afford a PR disaster
so the club opened their books, took a light penalty, trigg took the flak but kept his job.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

nachoman wrote:rumour i heard yesterday
is that the board knew of this dodgy deal, ( before the whole thing got exposed) hence they couldnt/wouldnt sack trigg...
if they sacked trigg, the club risked more bad exposure as he was going to take a few board people down with him
so the club opened their books, took a light penalty, trigg took the flak but kept his job.
Maybe they could audition for FIFA jobs in the future.
Ignore this signature

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Bomber wrote:
nachoman wrote:rumour i heard yesterday
Maybe they could audition for FIFA jobs in the future.
sounds more like an ffsa deal :lol:
ImageImage

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

Rendell gets sacked earlier in the year and they all get a slap on the wrist, what a joke

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

Paokara wrote:Rendell gets sacked earlier in the year and they all get a slap on the wrist, what a joke
In that respect, yes. Rendell made a comment taken out of context by the media (shock, horror!) and lost his job. Although now is laughing all the way to the bank, getting the gig with Collingwood...

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

So now its finally done.

Was thinking today, this whole Tippett saga also cost the Crows Nathan Bock. If Tippett had joined the Suns as a free agent, we would have kept Bock. So we lost

Club Best & Fairest
A top 5 player for nothing
4 draft picks
$300K
CEO for 6 months
Footy Manager for 2 months
Credibility

I hope Sydney are careful with Tippett, he might get homesick again and ask to be traded to Freo.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

cheaters.....

Trigg should go

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

over it.

what's done is done, the decisions have been made.

deal with it, move on.

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

yes done and dusted.

Crows are cheaters!!

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

DAM wrote:yes done and dusted.

Crows are cheaters!!
fat load of good that did us! :lol:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Crows are cheaters!!
Call us what you like. For someone who doesn't like the game, you have a lot to say about it :wink:

bapa
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bapa »

Jay Walking wrote:

Crows are cheaters!!
Call us what you like. For someone who doesn't like the game, you have a lot to say about it :wink:

cheaters!