Fergie At It Again

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Fergie At It Again

Post by Jay Walking »

Fergie wants Williams banned

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has called on the FA to ban Swansea's Ashley Williams for kicking the ball at Robin van Persie's head.

The centre-half's clearance hit a prone Van Persie at point-blank range during United's 1-1 draw in south Wales, prompting an angry response from the Dutchman.

Williams - booked at the time - afterwards insisted it was a complete accident, but a simmering Ferguson claimed Van Persie could have been killed and called the act "absolutely deliberate".

He told Sky Sports: "I think the FA has got to look into it. Irrespective of him having a yellow card he should be banned for a long, long time. It's the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many, many years.

"(It was) absolutely deliberate. the whistle's gone, the game has stopped and he's done that a foot from the player. He could have killed the lad - it's a disgraceful act and he should be banned for a long, long time."

Williams said: "I tried to clear the ball it hit him on the head. I was trying to clear the ball. He was obviously a bit angry about that. It was a much ado about nothing."

From Football365.com

Surely Fergie has had a little to much egg nog to be making stupid claims like that.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Fergie At It Again

Post by Le King »

Well said by Fergie

You missed out, or cut out the bit in the article when Williams admitted he cleared the ball out of frustration. So he's obviously heard the whistle blown for the free

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Jay Walking wrote: It's the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many, many years.

"(It was) absolutely deliberate. the whistle's gone, the game has stopped and he's done that a foot from the player. He could have killed the lad - it's a disgraceful act and he should be banned for a long, long time."

Is this attempted murder too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub842qIf ... e=youtu.be

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

getborn wrote:
Jay Walking wrote: It's the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many, many years.

Love your work!

Le King back in you box yer tool :clown: :lol:
Time for some righteous indignation

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Le King wrote:Well said by Fergie

You missed out, or cut out the bit in the article when Williams admitted he cleared the ball out of frustration. So he's obviously heard the whistle blown for the free
Nope, thats taken directly from the article. You'll read this which is what Williams said

Williams said: "I tried to clear the ball it hit him on the head. I was trying to clear the ball. He was obviously a bit angry about that. It was a much ado about nothing."

Where does it say he cleared the ball out of frustration and that he heard the whislte?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

getborn wrote:

According to Fegie, Rio should have been banned for a long, long time

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Wenger pissed that no Arsenal player had the chance to do it :lol:

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

And now everyone is talking about him, instead of the insipid performances of Rooney, Valencia and Young.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

pernunz wrote:And now everyone is talking about him, instead of the insipid performances of Rooney, Valencia and Young.
He does do it well doesn't he

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Jay Walking wrote:
Le King wrote:Well said by Fergie

Nope, thats taken directly from the article. You'll read this which is what Williams said

Where does it say he cleared the ball out of frustration and that he heard the whislte?

"I just cleared the ball with frustration and unfortunately it hit him in the head and he got a bit angry about it," he said. "Everything got a bit heated but it was all right in the end."

Eurosport - Reuters - 24/12/12 2:33 AM

That's on Eurosport

Lol a bit different with that Rio one, he hit somebody from 25 yrs away not 1 foot.
If your blaming rio for murder then I guess bobby Zamora should have about 50 life sentences

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

How about Fergie kicking a boot and hitting Beckham in the changeroom?

His over reaction is as big as his moon face.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Your changing the subject here. You went from rvp n Williams, too rio, then to Beckham.
Wow, obviously that's how you roll over in your arguments

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

Luckily van persie didn't die :lol: :lol:
things happen for a reason

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Le King wrote:Your changing the subject here. You went from rvp n Williams, too rio, then to Beckham.
Not at all. Using evidence to back up your argument is the best way to winning one. Fergie goes off at Williams yet there are numerous, far worse events performed by his own players yet he was silent about those.
Last edited by Jay Walking on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Le King wrote:Your changing the subject here. You went from rvp n Williams, too rio, then to Beckham.

Ok, i'll roll them all into one for you

Ferguson v Beckham (just a bruise) Cantona v fan (slight overreaction) Keane v Haaland (innocent mistake) Williams v RvP (attempted murder)

He's just deflecting from how poorly Rooney and co played, he's a scumbag for asking Williams to be banned.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Litmanen wrote:

Ferguson v Beckham (just a bruise) Cantona v fan (slight overreaction) Keane v Haaland (innocent mistake) Williams v RvP (attempted murder)

He's just deflecting from how poorly Rooney and co played, he's a scumbag for asking Williams to be banned.

This. But its ok for him to do that. The moment anyone else pipes up, he cries about it.

Great coach, fkn wAnker

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Litmanen wrote:

Sums it up. I assume after intensive treatment from trainer, the quick thinking of ambulance staff, emergency transport to local hospital, RVP pulled through?
Surely he wouldnt have just jumped up to his feet immediately and remonstrated in such condition?
Ignore this signature

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

pernunz wrote:And now everyone is talking about him, instead of the insipid performances of Rooney, Valencia and Young.
ill agree with one thing ashley young is a dud. But is rooney not allowed to have an off game ?
I speak nothing but the truth

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Lets pray he survives, spare a thought for RvP as he recovers
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Litmanen wrote:

I presume this is the one your talking about? Where is there a question in the post? Then ill answer

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

The one and only wrote:
ill agree with one thing ashley young is a dud. But is rooney not allowed to have an off game ?
:?
Am I not allowed to criticise Rooney? Or are we only able to slate strikers who perform badly if their Fernando Torres?

Adolf Hìtler
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Adolf Hìtler »

What if it's not their Fernando Torres?

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Of all the posts on this forum, you pick up on that spelling :lol:

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

pernunz wrote:
The one and only wrote:
Am I not allowed to criticise Rooney? Or are we only able to slate strikers who perform badly if their Fernando Torres?

Well Torres has scored more goals than Rooney this season, so i'm not sure.

BTAC
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BTAC »

Litmanen wrote:Well Torres has scored more goals than Rooney this season, so i'm not sure.
Rafa out?
haywood djablowme wrote: I believe Arsenal have improved more than the Poo! (we are only 5 pts behind you)

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

BowTiesAreCool wrote:
Litmanen wrote:Well Torres has scored more goals than Rooney this season, so i'm not sure.
Rafa out?
Time will tell, if things keep going the same at Madrid he might just leave.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

pernunz wrote:
The one and only wrote:
youcvan criticise who ever you like man i wasnt putting it that way i was just saying rooney rarely has a bad day and the one he does ppl are right on him
I speak nothing but the truth