What I would like to see happen

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

What I would like to see happen

Post by John Cena »

1 I would like to see a local coach take the helm of lady reds
2 I would like to see the FFSA to show signs that they actually care about the Lady Reds
3 I would like to see us get back our home grown players back to SA
4 I would like to see games played closer than Burton as im sure numbers would increase
5 I would like to see changes within the FFSA womans board and get rid of the jokes that run it

6 I would like to see the money spent on DE used towards some type of wage for the players
7 I would like to see our game show some type of improvement asap as next few seasons there wont be a Lady Reds team

But this is just my opinion

Xanto
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: What I would like to see happen

Post by Xanto »

The lady reds are a joke . I would like to see theLady Reds fund them selves. And as for paying them a wage are you serious . In fact if you are serious why dont you fund them.

wildcat
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wildcat »

Xanto wrote:The lady reds are a joke . I would like to see theLady Reds fund them selves. And as for paying them a wage are you serious . In fact if you are serious why dont you fund them.

Are you for real Xanto ? your a Negative joke. crawl back in the hole you came from and let people have a Constructive say. you :clown:

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

198 views and nobody wants to comment about it...just goes to show that nobody gives a poo about it

wildcat
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wildcat »

John Cena wrote:198 views and nobody wants to comment about it...just goes to show that nobody gives a poo about it
John I agree with what you said, but every one and club will have to work together for it to happen. One day we hope :)

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

you could change their name to the Lady Maroons,and all your wishes could come true.

QuantoQuesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by QuantoQuesta »

wildcat wrote:
John Cena wrote:198 views and nobody wants to comment about it...just goes to show that nobody gives a poo about it
John I agree with what you said, but every one and club will have to work together for it to happen. One day we hope :)
What are the chances of all of the clubs working together for the better of the game...? A year ago the supposed best player in SA was recruited to play in the State League... Clubs will always do what is best for them to win the competition without a thought for the Lady Reds or even the players.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

QuantoQuesta wrote:
wildcat wrote:
What are the chances of all of the clubs working together for the better of the game...? A year ago the supposed best player in SA was recruited to play in the State League... Clubs will always do what is best for them to win the competition without a thought for the Lady Reds or even the players.
The chances are pretty good actually. Clubs realize the comp is slowly dying. Two plus years ago, a majority of the prems clubs met privately and jointly expressed their concerns in writing to ffsa. It was an act of solidarity and proof they are willing to work together to help the game. Unfortunately nothing came of that letter, despite warning what we see today.

Not sure how your example of the 'supposed' best player moving to state league supports your argument.

Moreover, you seem intent to lay blame on those few clubs left. Convenient that, as it moves focus away from those actually responsible for running the game.

Easier to blame volunteers than look in the mirror I guess. Therein lays one of the main issues.

Adolf Hītler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hītler »

Understandable :P
Live a critic, diacritic

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Playing at Burton is rubbish....no one bothers to go except families and people who live nearby. The one game at Hindmarsh this season had a very good crowd compared to the games at Burton. Marden is also an option to host at least one game

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Agree with Burton being too far, Im sure a more central ground would increase numbers,,,,as to the comment about the best player going to play state league, sorry but I dont agree with that. im sure all clubs would work together only if the FFSA would listen and make changes

BEN9
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by BEN9 »

The game surely must be promoted and marketed to generate enough interest in those not directly involved in the game.
This has been a problem for 35 years but is now better in the mens game but still nearly non existant in the womens game.
There must be a continual influx of juniors in larger numbers (perhaps like the growth in other states) to make the senior competion viable in the long term.

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

QuantoQuesta wrote:
wildcat wrote:

Players sole decision
What was the club going to do.....tell her no!!

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

i think the clubs would work together on this cause if nothing changes real soon half the clubs will be no longer :roll:

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

John Cena wrote:i think the clubs would work together on this cause if nothing changes real soon half the clubs will be no longer :roll:
without doubt John, those few clubs left, woudl work together to save the game ....

the only people who would suggest otherwise, are those with their own agenda's to protect, deflecting blame and attention to the clubs.

grandparent
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grandparent »

totally agree with last 2 comments. Things are getting
worse and if something is not done soon there wont be
a competition. Clubs have to get together to arrest the slide
which is currently happening before it is too late.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

any news on cumby and sturt marion?

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

just heard more key players have left cumby? is this another team gone from prems, when will the FFSA take note and get off there backsides the game is in dire trouble yet nothing is being done

grandparent
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grandparent »

with the rumours going around about Cumby if they are true it may be important to ask the players who are leaving why they are leaving ?

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

grandparent wrote:with the rumours going around about Cumby if they are true it may be important to ask the players who are leaving why they are leaving ?
agree its always best to hear directly from the players why they are leaving. Are they going to other clubs still staying with the sport or dropping the sport all together?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

maybe some of the parents have told their kids they are old enough to find some work and pay for their own fees ?

Soccerholic
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Soccerholic »

All valid points John Cena..

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

John Cena wrote:1 I would like to see a local coach take the helm of lady reds
2 I would like to see the FFSA to show signs that they actually care about the Lady Reds
4 I would like to see games played closer than Burton as im sure numbers would increase
5 I would like to see changes within the FFSA womans board and get rid of the jokes that run it

6 I would like to see the money spent on DE used towards some type of wage for the players
7 I would like to see our game show some type of improvement asap as next few seasons there wont be a Lady Reds team

But this is just my opinion
how true
ladies football in this state could not go much lower
FFSA not helping
Need complete overhaul

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

has to start from the top.....bye bye to the people there under performing, its interesting that when I went to watch the MV game at Burton Wendy couldnt even look at me and say Hi.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

1 I would like to see a local coach take the helm of lady reds
It depends on what kind of team we want - competitive or development - and then you'd have to assess the best available and interested coach. Would it be beneficial or detrimental to hire the best local coach? I would also like to see a local coach, but with the game here in SA only 25% of people would be supportive of any one candidate.
They need to assess what they're losing credibility-wise by not investing greater funds into an important sporting team within this state. I would say that the Lady Reds should be just as big if not bigger than the Lightning and Thunderbirds due to participation levels in the female side of the game. I don't think they see it as anything more than a rep side that plays a handful of games.
Who is playing outside of SA that you think should be in the team? Curious as to who is out there that people think are better than the current squad members? For one, I feel the FFA should fund at least 3 Matildas / Young Matildas for each team so that the rest of the squad can learn (look at how Perth have improved over the last few seasons).
If people are interested, they will go. I agree that Burton puts off a lot of interested first-timers, but the FFSA chose to develop out there and that's what we all have to put up with unfortunately. Marden hosted the OFC Nations Cup in 2004 so no reason why it can't host the WL. Looking at Canberra's ground it would be no different capacity-wise.
That's subjective and hence I won't really comment. I think they should have performance-based roles and if key objectives aren't met over a period of 3-5 years, then a fresh perspective should be sought in those roles. Change isn't always the answer, but it's worth a go at this point.
So you'd rather a wage for a person in a development role go towards players for one season of play? It's kind of the inverse of the "teach a man to fish" saying - short term gain. What coach could do his job part-time or on a casual basis??? He may or may not be right for the role, but the money is definitely required there. I would rather full-time coaches than full-time players..I'm sorry, but it's just more sustainable.
We are lucky to have a Lady Reds team right now. Central Coast lost theirs...but the girls in that catchment area are lucky to still have Newcastle, Sydney and Western Sydney nearby. If you're looking for improvement in results, then that's probably NOT what is going to save the LR. If you're looking for improvement in admin, then maybe we'll see a new direction garner results. If you're looking for an improvement in the local league set-up, then I think we'll see a healthy, happy community with strong opinions rather than strong criticism. We can only dream.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Nice, well- considered and informed reply LL. :D

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Lucas Leiva wrote:1 I would like to see a local coach take the helm of lady reds
It depends on what kind of team we want - competitive or development - and then you'd have to assess the best available and interested coach. Would it be beneficial or detrimental to hire the best local coach? I would also like to see a local coach, but with the game here in SA only 25% of people would be supportive of any one candidate.
They need to assess what they're losing credibility-wise by not investing greater funds into an important sporting team within this state. I would say that the Lady Reds should be just as big if not bigger than the Lightning and Thunderbirds due to participation levels in the female side of the game. I don't think they see it as anything more than a rep side that plays a handful of games.
Who is playing outside of SA that you think should be in the team? Curious as to who is out there that people think are better than the current squad members? For one, I feel the FFA should fund at least 3 Matildas / Young Matildas for each team so that the rest of the squad can learn (look at how Perth have improved over the last few seasons).
If people are interested, they will go. I agree that Burton puts off a lot of interested first-timers, but the FFSA chose to develop out there and that's what we all have to put up with unfortunately. Marden hosted the OFC Nations Cup in 2004 so no reason why it can't host the WL. Looking at Canberra's ground it would be no different capacity-wise.
That's subjective and hence I won't really comment. I think they should have performance-based roles and if key objectives aren't met over a period of 3-5 years, then a fresh perspective should be sought in those roles. Change isn't always the answer, but it's worth a go at this point.
So you'd rather a wage for a person in a development role go towards players for one season of play? It's kind of the inverse of the "teach a man to fish" saying - short term gain. What coach could do his job part-time or on a casual basis??? He may or may not be right for the role, but the money is definitely required there. I would rather full-time coaches than full-time players..I'm sorry, but it's just more sustainable.
We are lucky to have a Lady Reds team right now. Central Coast lost theirs...but the girls in that catchment area are lucky to still have Newcastle, Sydney and Western Sydney nearby. If you're looking for improvement in results, then that's probably NOT what is going to save the LR. If you're looking for improvement in admin, then maybe we'll see a new direction garner results. If you're looking for an improvement in the local league set-up, then I think we'll see a healthy, happy community with strong opinions rather than strong criticism. We can only dream.

lucas how long have you been involved in the womans game?

wildcat
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by wildcat »

not long by the looks of it

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

I have been coaching for the last 3 seasons. I would say my patience with the women's game (or more specifically the administration of it) wore out after the 2nd year, but I've stuck with it because I focus on the players and the game and not all the other stuff that should be the focus of football.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Lucas Leiva wrote:I have been coaching for the last 3 seasons. I would say my patience with the women's game (or more specifically the administration of it) wore out after the 2nd year, but I've stuck with it because I focus on the players and the game and not all the other stuff that should be the focus of football.

look I agree about focus on the players , but it wont be too long that the players will lose the focus because the FFSA dont care