International roaming

Forum for the discussion of music, video and photography related topics

Moderators: adam, Forum Admins

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

International roaming

Post by redmum »

Those of you who know me will know how I can live up to the blonde stereotype every now and then, especially when it comes to these technological gadget things like phones.... :wink:

Other half is overseas. His phone is from work, international roaming activated.
I have an iPhone with telstra, I have been told international roaming is activated.

When I call his mobile, I simply get a tone like a prolonged engaged signal...

How come he can call me ok, but I can't call him? :(
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: International roaming

Post by swannsong »

redmum wrote:Those of you who know me will know how I can live up to the blonde stereotype every now and then, especially when it comes to these technological gadget things like phones.... :wink:

Other half is overseas. His phone is from work, international roaming activated.
I have an iPhone with telstra, I have been told international roaming is activated.

When I call his mobile, I simply get a tone like a prolonged engaged signal...

How come he can call me ok, but I can't call him? :(
It's a man v woman thing :lol:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

I knew this thread was not going to give me the answers I was looking for.... :wink: :lol:
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

Adolt Hıtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolt Hıtler »

Different countries have different ring tones (ie. a the Australian engaged tone can be a normal ring tone in another country).

Your prolonged engaged tone may be just the phone is ringing and you hang up before he gets his bit on the side to be quiet before he can answer it :D
If this username offends you does Saloth Sar. At least that is the name of someone that exists.

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

Wir Sind Helden wrote:Different countries have different ring tones (ie. a the Australian engaged tone can be a normal ring tone in another country).

Your prolonged engaged tone may be just the phone is ringing and you hang up before he gets his bit on the side to be quiet before he can answer it :D
Thanks, I finally worked that out, after he told me he'd missed about 5 calls ;)
FaceTime via his iPad also working now, so all is well :D
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL