Junior fixtures

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Junior fixtures

Post by coutinho10 »

Anyone seen the proposed fixtures for 2013. I know currently it is proposed and will change but alot of the age groups with 3 teams from the one club in one group is a joke. These kids play internals and train on the same nights and get to play each other enough throughout the year. To me seems someone wanted to do the groups as quickly as possible with as little work and thought as possible for "WHAT THEY GET PAID FOR"

How about a bit more thought and energy on splitting the groups properly so the kids can be put up against other teams so they and the coaches and club can see where they are really at
LIVERPOOL FC *****

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Junior fixtures

Post by themessenger »

coutinho10 wrote:Anyone seen the proposed fixtures for 2013. I know currently it is proposed and will change but alot of the age groups with 3 teams from the one club in one group is a joke. These kids play internals and train on the same nights and get to play each other enough throughout the year. To me seems someone wanted to do the groups as quickly as possible with as little work and thought as possible for "WHAT THEY GET PAID FOR"

How about a bit more thought and energy on splitting the groups properly so the kids can be put up against other teams so they and the coaches and club can see where they are really at
what age group is this?

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

Various 8 through to 11.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

coutinho10 wrote:Various 8 through to 11.
a few clubs do actually prefer their teams to all play in the same division, not sure why it would benefit the players to do so, but I believe they request this. Maybe your club is one of these?

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

Actually our group is not too bad just saw that 3 in a group was common.
Some you would go from playing your own club to then 3 teams from one club and then one other x by the whole season.
I know the kids love gala days as they get to play other teams and kids and regardless of no scorelines and tables they are still competitive and want to be tested. I know my son & others got sick of playing the same two teams continually last year and it wasn't because they were dominated.
I know it's ssg but 7-12 are the important years and you cannot get that 6 years back, I still believe they need some healthy competition.
LIVERPOOL FC *****

themessenger
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themessenger »

coutinho10 wrote:Actually our group is not too bad just saw that 3 in a group was common.
Some you would go from playing your own club to then 3 teams from one club and then one other x by the whole season.
I know the kids love gala days as they get to play other teams and kids and regardless of no scorelines and tables they are still competitive and want to be tested. I know my son & others got sick of playing the same two teams continually last year and it wasn't because they were dominated.
I know it's ssg but 7-12 are the important years and you cannot get that 6 years back, I still believe they need some healthy competition.

Know where you are coming from for sure. Frustrating for those clubs who do not want to be facing the same teams every other week. Its happened every year since SSF introduced.

Maybe there is a convenience factor for some parents at those clubs who prefer to have 2 or 3 teams in the same division. But for the good of the game one would assume the FFSA would take the lead in this and separate a club's teams as much as possible, or could amalgamate divisions and make the season longer.

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

I think its a joke, FFSA are just slack. We have all our teams playing in the one group, this is unacceptable, the kids deserve a bit of competition. Speaking to other coaches from our club and from other clubs we all agree that this must change.